Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
beat classic - flies like a comet
beat hybrid - flies like a core
fresh BF - flies like a buzz
This is excellent info. I have just started using Truths as a workhorse. I have a fresh lucid, beat hybrid, and brand new classic. I picked up the classic simply to beat it into a comet-esque place. Glad to hear that will happen. So far, I'm loving the truth but want to make sure I get one that can cover some more understable lines.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haven't gotten them on the course yet, but I recently picked up the Suspect, Truth, Fugitive combo, all 3 in Classic, Suspect as Soft. Super flat and they feel great. Hope they are as nice for me as everyone says.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 83
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exovel View Post
This is excellent info. I have just started using Truths as a workhorse. I have a fresh lucid, beat hybrid, and brand new classic. I picked up the classic simply to beat it into a comet-esque place. Glad to hear that will happen. So far, I'm loving the truth but want to make sure I get one that can cover some more understable lines.

Just give the classic truth some time. It will be a love-hate relationship for a few months. I loved it when i first got one out of the box. It is the most overstable variety, IMO. After a handfull of rounds it will beat in quickly if you get some tree hits or road scrapes. It will frustrate you how fast it changes... I hated it during this time. But stick with it because it'll settle in to a final state that reminds me a of a x comet. It won't change much from there. I have 2 like this right now, both light blue and i think 174g.

Same thing happened to my Hybrid Truth, but it didn't lose as much of it's low speed stability as the classic did.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

It sounds like the Verdict-Truth are a pretty natural pair for alot of people (I threw the Hornet at one point - a touch more OS than the Verdict, but the plastic, feel, and glide won me over to the Verdict - but I also bag a Zone for pure OS duties). I am currently bagging the Proto Lucid Verdict, Classic Truth, Glo-Z Meteor, and ESP Meteor in terms of mids and I am thinking the Glo-Z Meteor is going to fall victim to the Truth in another month or so if the wear goes as planned. That being said, I'm not finding stability to be changing nearly as quickly as some are reporting with the Classic plastic - the disc looks like it's beating up, but I'm still seeing respectable stability ... pretty much still a slight hyzer-flip to flat with a slight fade at the end.

Great disc - I am seeing why Roc throwers like base plastic for mids. Never really felt that was a possibility with the Buzzz as the Elite X doesn't start very stable to begin with.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman View Post
It sounds like the Verdict-Truth are a pretty natural pair for alot of people (I threw the Hornet at one point - a touch more OS than the Verdict, but the plastic, feel, and glide won me over to the Verdict - but I also bag a Zone for pure OS duties). I am currently bagging the Proto Lucid Verdict, Classic Truth, Glo-Z Meteor, and ESP Meteor in terms of mids and I am thinking the Glo-Z Meteor is going to fall victim to the Truth in another month or so if the wear goes as planned. That being said, I'm not finding stability to be changing nearly as quickly as some are reporting with the Classic plastic - the disc looks like it's beating up, but I'm still seeing respectable stability ... pretty much still a slight hyzer-flip to flat with a slight fade at the end.

Great disc - I am seeing why Roc throwers like base plastic for mids. Never really felt that was a possibility with the Buzzz as the Elite X doesn't start very stable to begin with.
The Classic Truth does not wear super fast with "normal" use. I say "normal" because there are people banging them against trees, rubbing the snot out of them on concrete, and others being ran over by vehicles...of course their going to get flippy with that kind of immediate abuse. I have been throwing mine A LOT, but have only done it on the course and actually trying to avoid trees and hazards. At this point, I would call my classic truth a 7/10, and the thing still flies straight. It has lost maybe 0.5 HSS and 1 LSS, which I consider pretty good for how much I throw this thing. If I want this thing to go right, I still have to put it on the anny line...there's no hard hyzer flip to turnover even with the amount of I've used this. I love putting this thing on a slight hyzer and flipping it to flat and letting it just go. And for reference, I am throwing this thing between 300'-320', so its not like im throwing it only 200'. I love the classic truth, and love the truth/verdict setup...and this is coming from a long time buzzz/hornet thrower
Old 02-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
The Classic Truth does not wear super fast with "normal" use. I say "normal" because there are people banging them against trees, rubbing the snot out of them on concrete, and others being ran over by vehicles...of course their going to get flippy with that kind of immediate abuse. I have been throwing mine A LOT, but have only done it on the course and actually trying to avoid trees and hazards. At this point, I would call my classic truth a 7/10, and the thing still flies straight. It has lost maybe 0.5 HSS and 1 LSS, which I consider pretty good for how much I throw this thing. If I want this thing to go right, I still have to put it on the anny line...there's no hard hyzer flip to turnover even with the amount of I've used this. I love putting this thing on a slight hyzer and flipping it to flat and letting it just go. And for reference, I am throwing this thing between 300'-320', so its not like im throwing it only 200'. I love the classic truth, and love the truth/verdict setup...and this is coming from a long time buzzz/hornet thrower
Yeah I don't really throw mine even that much but I'm not getting crazy wear out of it. If I played with it constantly and hit a lot of trees maybe. I love the way the classic plastic wears. Just slightly faster than KC Pro for me but nothing like DX. I've literally hit a tree with a brand new DX disc and had it taco and be ruined and never really return to shape. I've yet to see that happen to a classic DD mid or putter and I've thrown them into rock buildings when I did the classic judge torture test on a first run record gray swirl. It's still my go to putter after a year and that test.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 83
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

everybody's mileage varies.. i do throw mine frequently, but rarely into trees.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
For sure. If I used my classic truth and fugitive exclusively and or played more courses that needed mid shots I'd probably have both beat quite badly. I tend to only use them on softer landing longer upshots and use my premium plastics ones off the occasional tee. Mostly I'm throwing a fairway then a putter. I'd really like to get a lot of field work in this spring with all my mids.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
true that. there was more than one person who didnt want to believe i had beat in some of my lucid truths and suspects as quick as i did. its remarkable that a disc can look like its in brand new condition and be beat. if i cycled molds, it wouldnt seem so quick, but i choose molds based on specific flights and therefore a beat version of a disc really just creates overlap in my bag

Old 03-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just wanted to give people a little update, as ive been "naturally" beating in a classic truth on the course (no sanding or deliberate tree/rock/concrete hits). Ive been doing this in hopes that the only mids I will need in my bag are two verdicts (new run and old run) and 3 truths that will be cycled. As you can see I currently have the tursas for US and though I like it alright, would rather minimalize molds if I can. Im throwing these about 300'-315' for a quick reference, so its no mike c bombing these out to 375'. After playing a lot with my max weight classic truth, it has officially reached a point at which I can call it US...and I love it. Threw it on a hole yesterday 297' away on a nice hyzer...the thing flipped up to flat and went into a nice long slow turnover without coming back. The reason I mentioned mike c earlier is because I had originally thought the lines he was getting on that truth was crazy: ie the amount of flip and turnover he got on it. Im excited to say that my truth has reached that, and is working great. There was some questions a while back about whether this disc could fill the US role if beat up, and I just wanted to report that it does so very nicely. Sorry dayglow tursas...your days may be numbered.