Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

lol go over to the scythe thread and everyone there is mad about an OS driver. I'd say there is plenty of room between the witness and escape for a disc like this.

I also completely tried to stress the other stuff is just my assumptions. I don't see them using a mid more OS than a Pain but I don't think it will be completely neutral either. Lat64 doesn't really have anything in that slot between the core and pain.

If you've thrown the witness you know it's a flippy turnover disc and there won't be a ton of overlap to the thief. More like the pairing you get with a verdict/truth but in a fast and long glide fairway combo.

The OS escape I was told will be coming. Might even be later this year. You just can't expect any of them to be able to drop every disc people are looking for in a short matter of time. Possibly six drivers all this year from DD to go with an already large mid lineup I think is really quick.

If a more stable renegade was released people would say they already have the trespass and want something else. Then you'd get a person who said they wanted a more overstable Trespass which is the Enforcer and coming out in less than two months. I look at it like this. This is a larger scale ace race and I've never seen one of those discs not be usable by the majority of players regardless of skill. I don't see the point in doing a fun grow the sport type of challenge with wildly overstable drivers, mids, or even putters. These aren't even releases for this year, they're for next year so one could say they are pushing back understable and neutral discs and you're getting a balance of stuff this year. Last couple months you had the witness, hatchet, sorcerer but you also had an overstable putt disc in the harp like people wanted. You have the scythe and enforcer which are overstable discs that were asked for. Especially the enforcer. So many complained after the release of the trespass that it wasn't overstable enough and people wanted a trilogy destroyer. Now you get two options for that.

I'm just as anxious as everyone else for more releases but I've been told where things are going and why and what has been asked for. Maybe that keeps me a little patient.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by SteezeOG; 03-26-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

^^Well said. The Trilogy Challenge is essentially a marketing event, so neutral discs that are accessible to a wide range of players is a must. They're not trying to cater to us on here with it. It's for the masses.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

I didn't really expect any overstable non-beginner friendly mold types either..... just disappointed to have my wildest dreams crushed.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisislorenb View Post
I didn't really expect any overstable non-beginner friendly mold types either..... just disappointed to have my wildest dreams crushed.
For now I guess you'll be crushed. Believe me I've been pushing for an OS escape and something very close to a C line PD. Flat and around speed nine or ten that can hold up to a strong headwind but that is not so OS it's unusable. I asked if the Saint Pro kept that pushed back and was told no that there would be an OS compliment to the escape one day. It could be this year. It might be nothing like a PD. I just didn't care much for the Saint Pro after serious use. I liked it at first but then I got to use it in strong winds and it wasn't what I hoped it was.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 35
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Has anyone been in a Trilogy Challenge and thrown one of these?
Old 05-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicweed View Post
Trilogy challenges don't start until May 31st.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 13
Niced 13 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicweed View Post
http://www.discgolfanswerman.com They have a podcast thingy on here and they talk about the trilogy challenge discs. They seem pretty stoked on the thief.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 PM

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm excited to throw this Saturday at our "Triple Troubles Trilogy" 3 Discs, 3 courses and 47 people, also these will be my first discs from these companies. So I'm stoked all around
Old 05-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 170
Niced 568 Times in 259 Posts

Theif is definitely more under stable than a witness. Closest thing to it would be a Sidewinder.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Theif is definitely more under stable than a witness. Closest thing to it would be a Sidewinder.
Really? I thought they were giving this thing -1/2 turn and fade numbers...