Old 07-21-2014, 03:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
Never tried Riot...
Faster and a more stable than the escape, but has a rounded underneath edge. In really liking it, great for sidearm release and also skip shots, since it has less resistance and drag than a harder angled edge on the ground.

Anyway, I'm sure we're gonna start getting allot more info on this felon. Some rat bastard will drop a dime
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
Like a Riot?

Riot is pretty wide rimmed and speed 11. Not much was said to me about speed but I never got the impression it would be a distance driver. More of a fast fairway roughly between the XXX and Saint Pro for stability. Wouldn't surprise me if it was rated at 11 though if it turns out to be that much faster and longer than the Escape. Maybe a 10. Two big discs that were thrown by a few of the old discraft sponsored guys are the predator and force. These two new ones could be similar enough that it's not an issue. I find the enforcer a more overstable force when new.

A definite need for their lineup for sure. Will maybe get me actually working on a sidearm throw.

Last edited by SteezeOG; 07-21-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
Going by the specs it has more dome then a XXX, very slightly sharper rim, smaller (21.2 - 21.5). So going from that it won't be as stable as a XXX, Tad more glide and a bit faster. Interested to see.
He said it wouldn't be just a meathook and only some similarities to the XXX in overall shape. I got the impression it would be more user friendly and not just dump to the left but he did say plenty overstable. I think he was going off what Tomas had said none of the protos had arrived yet at that time. Hopefully they'll be out by this time next month and I can use it in the Trilogy Oppna.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Josh Anthon signature disc.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,083 Times in 1,338 Posts

They should do a Gellin' line of plastic.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I stopped by DD after my meeting downtown and talked to Toby about the Felon. Release will probably not be until after August and maybe deep in to September or beyond. There might be some mold changes to produce flatter results. He said it's already flatter than a XXX but they're looking for crazy flat like 11x firebirds. It's also not going to be a really sharp rim but more of a blunt style like the XXX but I already knew that. Should be quite a good bit faster than the Trident though so probably a 9 or 10 speed rating. We'll just have to see.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

So this isn't just a beefier Escape, hmmm. I figured that was the logical direction. Something like a PD fighter.

Looks like maybe PDGA numbers were off or they just sent them a domey one. Surprised that it's a FB/XXX style disc actually. Will still end up trying one but was hoping for a PD like disc actually.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

I'm still waiting for the overstable Escape. I've got PDs to hold me over in the meantime.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
So this isn't just a beefier Escape, hmmm. I figured that was the logical direction. Something like a PD fighter.

Looks like maybe PDGA numbers were off or they just sent them a domey one. Surprised that it's a FB/XXX style disc actually. Will still end up trying one but was hoping for a PD like disc actually.
Me too but I also see the need for something like this. A lot of the newly sponsored DD and Lat64 players love the trident and so do I but something that is faster and longer would fit. Not everyone likes the XXX and I know I wish there was something slightly less OS. I still would hope to see an OS escape type driver so I'm going to keep being a bother whenever I can about it.

There wasn't a proto in store to look at and ask for some pictures. It was at his house but like he said it might get some changes. He definitely said it was already really flat but they're just going for flatter. I don't know what that means for glide but I assume it will be fast and a lot of skip with little glide. That still leaves that spot for something like a PD or slightly more OS saint pro type control driver. Fingers crossed.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Wouldn't a OS Escape be a Saint pro. Because isn't a saint an escape. I'm pretty sure I'm right, or at least 50% sure