Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
Could you describe it to different destroyers?
All the Destroyers I have thrown have been new, post AJ ones if thats any help. But to compare it to those, I would say the stability is about the same, just a lot better glide. They seem easy to throw far too. Comes out of my hand really fast and just goes. I have thrown forces for a while though, and the Trespass flies like a players cup sparkle with more glide. Little bit of turn, good healthy forward fade.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 35
Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
All the Destroyers I have thrown have been new, post AJ ones if thats any help. But to compare it to those, I would say the stability is about the same, just a lot better glide. They seem easy to throw far too. Comes out of my hand really fast and just goes. I have thrown forces for a while though, and the Trespass flies like a players cup sparkle with more glide. Little bit of turn, good healthy forward fade.
The stupid stable AJs or the flat run?

Which ones would be the flippiest trespass? Opto or GL?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
The stupid stable AJs or the flat run?

Which ones would be the flippiest trespass? Opto or GL?
The flat ones. I would say grab a Lucid (opto) in like a 167 or so. I don't think it would be flippy per say, but more turn for sure. Haven't had the opportunity to throw a GL one yet, though I hear they are more overstable by a tick.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I love the Trespass, they fly fantastic. The 175 first run Lucid Trespass I threw was definitely less stable than the 175 AJ Star Destroyers I have thrown. It may not have turned any more, but if so it faded less because it held that turn longer. Also the Destroyers do have a wider rim, the Trespass has a Wraith/Surge thickness rim.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My experience so far: I max out at ~400ft at the moment - and probably average 365ft on a controlled 'golf' line. Before getting the Trespass I used the TP and VIP Sword for my understable/neutral distance and the Hysteria for my overstable distance. I was looking for something between the two - a 11-12 speed neutral/overstable driver that fights wind, has better glide/consistency than the Destroyer, and still gets most of the distance that the Sword can get.

I own a Blue 170g BioFuzion.

The 170g BF feels excellent - definitely a Sword-like comfortable rim, and a nice solid dome like you'd find on the Opto Flow. The plastic is very GL/Tourney/Fuzion-like, with some pearly qualities, flexibility, and very very nice grip - it is opaque, even when held up directly to a light source. This is the first truly-opaque disc I've ever gotten from Lat/WestSide/DD - everything else, even the GL/Tourney, I've been able to see through to some degree. I would compare the stability of the disc to a beefy Pro Destroyer with more glide - it has very good 'lift' when it's up to speed, reminding me of the Flow and likely a result of the dome. It holds up to headwind without turning over - I've tossed it regularly in 15mph+ winds for the last 10 days and it isn't fazed, it always fades (something the Sword/Flow can't do). It has that nice quality of wanting to lock onto a straight line or very slight anny, getting a ton of glidey distance, and then reliably fading forward. The disc is not a big skipper either, and along with the compact-width of it's flight line, that makes it a very accurate driver. Overall, I'd say the numbers are pretty much spot-on at 12/5/-0.5/3, at least in the BF plastic. For reference, I personally rate the VIP Sword as 12/5/-1/2, the TP Sword as 12/5/-1.5/2, the Hysteria at 12/4/0/3, and the Destroyer at 12/4.5/-1/3.

Honestly, at my distance I have plenty of room to 'grow into' the Trespass - I feel like my snap isn't quite there to max it out for distance, but it will be my next workhorse distance driver as the Sword starts to turn over more and more. I think someone who regularly breaks 415ft+ with distance drivers will find this to be a very capable max-distance bomber right out of the box - and possibly a replacement for their Destroyers or Forces. For now it will fill my void between the Hysteria and Sword in terms of stability, and I also plan on buying a Fuzion plastic Trespass when it comes out soon. I have a friend who has thrown the Fuzion Trespass and Escape for the last week and he says they are both more understable in Fuzion than they are in Lucid and BF; which should increase distance potential even more.

Glad to see so many of you plastic junkies enjoying this overlooked gem; I think it will join the Sword in that club.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ordered a Fuzion Trespass last night from MST - they had a small stack of white/unstamped pre-release Fuzion Trespass, I couldn't pass it up. Will give a report VS the BF plastic when it arrives.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

I just held one of the first run lucids - a sweet pink beauty. I really wanted to buy it, but it seems like it has somewhat of a plus mold. Has anyone noticed this or am I crazy.

I just don't release + molds very well, so I'm hypersensitive to them.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambers View Post
I just held one of the first run lucids - a sweet pink beauty. I really wanted to buy it, but it seems like it has somewhat of a plus mold. Has anyone noticed this or am I crazy.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambers View Post

yeah pretty much all lat discs have that slight slant to them like Apoth said. Pick up a River from Lat in any plastic. If that isn't one of the best flying fairways you've ever thrown, plus mold or not, then Lat and their counterparts probably aren't for you.

I don't notice it really at all except the Fugitive and that's not as slanted as any new Roc is.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 107
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Ehh its ok, not better then a Force or Destroyer and the rim is to shallow for my liking.