Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfanatic7 View Post
Sounds like i may have to replace my comets with this or at least look into it. Hopefully it doesn't overlap with my shark 3 though. i love the low profile mids, great flick discs.

I've been wanting to try the shark3. It was always my favorite innova mid. I have a champ shark that flies a little similar to the truth. The truth is longer for sure and less fade but I'm a fan of the shark mold. I would say the dome on the truth is closer to a shark than a buzzz but it's not domey. It's not super flat either. A nice mix.

I've actually got my champ shark, z buzzz, and a truth here with me. I'll go take a couple profile comparison shots on the hot tub lid. That always comes out better.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 159 Times in 83 Posts

I'm curious, if it is so fast for a mid, how it does not have that hard fade out when powered down, like the buzzz?

That is my least favorite part about the Buzzz, and is what ultimately led me to choose a beaded mid (Wasp in my case) for my workhorse mid. My Wasps show a similar fade regardless of speed, which makes them much easier to throw consistently. I found the Buzzz to require speed. Throw it at it's intended speeds and it was a lazer with no fade (Great!), lighten up on it even a little bit and it faded out early and harder than anticipated (Not so great!).
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 89 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
I've been wanting to try the shark3. It was always my favorite innova mid. I have a champ shark that flies a little similar to the truth. The truth is longer for sure and less fade but I'm a fan of the shark mold. I would say the dome on the truth is closer to a shark than a buzzz but it's not domey. It's not super flat either. A nice mix.

I've actually got my champ shark, z buzzz, and a truth here with me. I'll go take a couple profile comparison shots on the hot tub lid. That always comes out better.
I appreciate that, that will help me determine whether to invests in the first runs or not. I love my suspect. The truth sounds like an awesome complement
Old 06-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
I'm curious, if it is so fast for a mid, how it does not have that hard fade out when powered down, like the buzzz?

That is my least favorite part about the Buzzz, and is what ultimately led me to choose a beaded mid (Wasp in my case) for my workhorse mid. My Wasps show a similar fade regardless of speed, which makes them much easier to throw consistently. I found the Buzzz to require speed. Throw it at it's intended speeds and it was a lazer with no fade (Great!), lighten up on it even a little bit and it faded out early and harder than anticipated (Not so great!).
I'm curious about that too. It just doesn't have a heavy fade. Even new. That's my opinion on it at least. I've never thrown a mid that was that straight when brand new. Not even a Buzzz SS. The tursas was close but it turns and then fades out. I get even less fade out of the truth.

It will still go left a little more as it comes to a stop from spinning but honestly I've never had a new mid that would act like this one does new. I've always had to take an old buzzz or new buzzz ss and beat it in for a while before I could count on it to land on the same line as it flew.

I think people who kind of advanced their game and counted on the buzzz and wasp combo will really enjoy the verdict and truth combo for those same shots. I'm a big fan of discraft mids and still am but they don't come in these plastics and I'm a fan of this plastic. These are grippier and softer than the lucid suspect to me. More like the VIP tursas and some of the other new opto mids. Not floppy soft but not a stiff rigid flight plate either.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

Any idea what range of weights will be available? I like low 170s for mids but have noticed the DD stuff seems to come out heavier...
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

The subjects. Lucid truth, Champ shark, Z buzzz All Pink and all 175-180g

Champ shark on the left, truth on the right

Buzzz on the left, truth on the right

Truth on the left, Buzzz on the right

Truth on the left, Shark on the right

Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

On their domes, Buzzz on the left, Truth on the right. You can see the truth has more dome to it but not much. To be fair that is the flattest z buzzz I've ever owned.

Shark on the left, Truth on the right. Look about the same to me.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 PM
just practicing

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 13
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts

My biggest worry when I hear something is "like a Buzzz" is this:

The Core is like a Buzzz! Hell no it isn't. It's like a beat Buzzz SS.
The Warship is a Better Buzzz! Hell no it isn't. It's too domey and you can't trust it in the wind.
The Mako/Shark/Coyote/whatever else is like a Buzzz! Just no. Please stop.

Just like everyone wants to copy the Roc or improve it somehow, it's not happening.

I think it would be awesome if this really does fly like a Buzzz, but I'm definitely going to be a little skeptical until I see some good videos. I'm also guessing that this feels like a Hornet in the hand due to the micro bead and bit of dome...
Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Any idea what range of weights will be available? I like low 170s for mids but have noticed the DD stuff seems to come out heavier...
I believe the weights were pretty varied on this mold with more of them in the 178-180 range. I'm not 100% sure but the one that was tossed to me the moment I walked through the door was a blue 170g. It felt great and that's when I asked for two of the brightest ones they had above 175g and I left with the pink and yellow both at 178g I think. Love the yellow. It's not as translucent and feels a little more firm. Exactly like my VIP Tursas.

I think it was you in a PM I told I'm not pleased about having five different molds for mids but since they're all Lat and I am playing better than I did with all Discraft mids I'll keep at it. I know I'm done adding mids though for sure. I have everything covered with a Verdict, Suspect, Truth, Classic Fugitive, and VIP Tursas.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,054 Times in 537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic_Sinks View Post
My biggest worry when I hear something is "like a Buzzz" is this....Just no. Please stop.
The Axis is like a Buzzz.

-runs away-