Old 06-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic_Sinks View Post
My biggest worry when I hear something is "like a Buzzz" is this:

The Core is like a Buzzz! Hell no it isn't. It's like a beat Buzzz SS.
The Warship is a Better Buzzz! Hell no it isn't. It's too domey and you can't trust it in the wind.
The Mako/Shark/Coyote/whatever else is like a Buzzz! Just no. Please stop.

Just like everyone wants to copy the Roc or improve it somehow, it's not happening.

I think it would be awesome if this really does fly like a Buzzz, but I'm definitely going to be a little skeptical until I see some good videos. I'm also guessing that this feels like a Hornet in the hand due to the micro bead and bit of dome...

Agree completely. That's why no one should take my opinion or word on it for gospel. It'll be something you need to throw from yourself but I will say it's the closest thing I've ever thrown to a Buzzz that wasn't a Buzzz. I never threw a Core long enough to say it was, and I never thought a Warship was a Buzzz. I never cared for the Warship actually but I do like the Truth. Mainly because I can't tell the difference between the verdict and truth until I throw them.

It will certainly be funny when next weekend rolls around and all the other opinions come in. I'm already waiting the OAT-ty arms saying it's flippy. I thought the fugitive was a little flippy but this thing is dead straight if you know what you're doing.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 01:17 PM
just practicing

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post

It will certainly be funny when next weekend rolls around and all the other opinions come in. I'm already waiting the OAT-ty arms saying it's flippy. I thought the fugitive was a little flippy but this thing is dead straight if you know what you're doing.
This is so true. "It's pretty flippy...might make a good roller. I throw 320' with Rampages."
Old 06-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
This is so true. "It's pretty flippy...might make a good roller. I throw 320' with Rampages."
lol yeah I love those guys.

You can see in the pics that the "bead" is so tiny it's basically not even noticeable except for the little bits of dirt that get in there.

It might feel more like a small bead hornet to you but for me it's just like a buzzz except a little easier to wrap my fingers around. I don't know why but the buzzz really pushes my ability to power grip it because of that and the truth is just slightly easier to grip on to. It releases super clean for me too. I've been trying to get one to grip lock but it's not easy. I can't find a valid complaint about it yet. I think they (dd and Lat) took their time on this one since it's going to be a big part of the pro bags for people who threw the buzzz. Mainly Emac. Have you seen the stock stamp pics? I am going to need to get a pair of those they look great.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 159 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
lol. This is how I feel when I sit on the forums and read countless people cry about the Fuse being "useless, flippy, uncontrollable garbage". I just laugh and shake my head. Some people can't be helped.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Going to play and the wind is picking up. Should be some gusts in the twenty to thirty mph area so I'll try to throw the truth some more in the wind and see how it does. Thursday I just parked next to hole 14 at Jones west. It's a short but tight little technical hole that I usually always throw a fugitive or buzzz at. I threw the buzzz and both of the lucid truths I got that day. All three were consistently close to each other and close to the basket but the truth always went just a little further with the same or less effort. It balances well between a finesse and power mid if that makes sense. The fuse and fugitive are finesse mids to me, the buzzz-verdict-roc3 are more power mids. The truth I think is the first mid I've ever thrown that can act as both and do both equally well. I'm even starting to use it on upshots where I normally use the fugitive just because it stays on that line and doesn't skip much. That could be the thick grass though I haven't tried to make it skip intentionally.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I want this disc. So bad. I'm tired of having to throw my Rocs harder to get them straight longer. And breaking one in without just bashing into trees takes a while.
Sounds like this disc could be cooooool. Do want.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

New discs ordered. Once again, I hate you DGCR people.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 24
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all the great info steeze. Very helpful. Cant wait to try one
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

It was rough out there. Peter Pan is usually calmer even on windy days but today was just bad. I lost the pink truth when I got greedy on hole eleven, the peninsula hole. As I threw a big tailwind gust came and it pushed me left and with a bigger fade than normal. It skipped twice on the water but couldn't make land. It was only an arm's length from shore but I couldn't find it. Big rocks with cracks between them I even took the shoes off and I never go in after them in that nasty pond. Duck poop and pesticides. I got over it though. Stopped at DD on the way home and got another pink with purple stamp 175g.

It definitely gives you more fade in big tailwinds like expected. Also no match for big headwinds like I expected. It did take some low shots in slight headwinds very well and I saved par a few times because of it. Overall I sucked. The Truth did fine though.

Cut my toe in that infested water. I think I have squirrel aids now.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,054 Times in 537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Cut my toe in that infested water. I think I have squirrel aids now.

This disc will definitely be on my radar. Who wouldn't want a glidey, stable, tweener mid/fairway?