Old 05-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 192 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6854 View Post
I don't get the point of the misleading stamps. If I'm Innova why let Paul throw a leopard stamped firebird? People see that and go wow I need a leopard and end up ticked off because it doesn't fly like they saw in the videos.
The stamp is hard to see in the video coverage. We only know it's leopard stamped because Nate referenced it and then continued to call it a firebird for the rest of the video.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 840 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
I don't get the point of the misleading stamps. If I'm Innova why let Paul throw a leopard stamped firebird? People see that and go wow I need a leopard and end up ticked off because it doesn't fly like they saw in the videos.
Or they're thrilled because it flies exactly for them like Destros do for Paul...but 250' like their form dictates.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 167 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
If noobs and fanbois end up buying a speed and stability-appropriate disc for their skill level because they see touring pros throwing mis-stamped discs instead of just going for high speed massively overstable drivers that they lack the requisite arm speed and skill to throw properly, that can only be a good thing for those players' development, and more mfgs need to encourage their players to throw mis-stamped discs.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,771 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstine View Post
If noobs and fanbois end up buying a speed and stability-appropriate disc for their skill level because they see touring pros throwing mis-stamped discs instead of just going for high speed massively overstable drivers that they lack the requisite arm speed and skill to throw properly, that can only be a good thing for those players' development, and more mfgs need to encourage their players to throw mis-stamped discs.
That might work in the short term, but how pissed will those noobs and fanbois be once they've acquired a bit of skill and still can't throw their Aviar stamped Aviars even half as far as McBeth is throwing his Aviar stamped Destroyers? Or worse yet, realize they were duped and swear off McBeth and Innova forever because of it. I don't see it as a winning sales formula in the long run.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:12 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 969 Times in 663 Posts

Quote:
4 real. If i was Innova id say no to that BS. As a biz it doesn't even make sense but they are too big to care at this point.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
That might work in the short term, but how pissed will those noobs and fanbois be once they've acquired a bit of skill and still can't throw their Aviar stamped Aviars even half as far as McBeth is throwing his Aviar stamped Destroyers? Or worse yet, realize they were duped and swear off McBeth and Innova forever because of it. I don't see it as a winning sales formula in the long run.
I agree
Old 05-08-2018, 07:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 28
Niced 222 Times in 108 Posts

A lot of the discs that are stamped with art intended for other discs are usually print set up discs. Now in Paul's case he's been known to throw stuff like this, but I know in my stamping days at Disc Nation it was usually a result of set-up printing on whatever I had laying around.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 586 Times in 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post

Or what happens if they see McBeth throw his Destroyer stamped Destroyers 500 feet, so they run and get one and can't do the same?

I guess they could swear off disc golf entirely.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 586 Times in 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
4 real. If i was Innova id say no to that BS. As a biz it doesn't even make sense but they are too big to care at this point.

Disc companies definitely shouldn't give out blanks or special/custom stamps either to their proz.

How are noobs supposed to know what the Proz are throwing when they watch the newest vidz?

Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Par Member

Niced 59 Times in 19 Posts

People who are into the sport enough to know who Paul McBeth is, much less watch Jomez and pay attention to disc selection are almost all beyond the point of this being a negative issue. You're making a problem where there is none.