Old 12-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 41 Times in 27 Posts

I really like the Fossa Skinny. Just check it out if you haven't before you decide. The bags that have one large compartment for discs, like the Tana, are often annoying to carry unless you fully load them all the time. If it's half loaded for a light round, the discs kinda flop around in there. The Fossa Skinny is great if you want to just carry 10 or so discs for local rounds or bulk it up to 18ish for tournament course rounds or new course rounds.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 438 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfMaster View Post
I really like the Fossa Skinny. Just check it out if you haven't before you decide. The bags that have one large compartment for discs, like the Tana, are often annoying to carry unless you fully load them all the time. If it's half loaded for a light round, the discs kinda flop around in there. The Fossa Skinny is great if you want to just carry 10 or so discs for local rounds or bulk it up to 18ish for tournament course rounds or new course rounds.

Just my 2 cents.
True, unless you use a piece of the corrugated plastic a minuscule amount bigger then you need height wise to get the discs to stay on the side you want them to say on.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 39
Niced 363 Times in 205 Posts

^Yeah I don't feel the need to stuff my Tana Pro full, I just don't like carrying that many discs. Great to have the option if I want to practice/bring tournament back ups just in case, but for most rounds I made some removable inserts out of corrugated plastic that I put in both ends of the disc compartment. Reduces my disc count by 4 drivers width (can always add or remove more, the inserts are held together by velcro) and now I also have zero issue getting the farthest toward the sides discs out.

For those who mentioned it's heavy, boom - less discs is less weight. Otherwise, deal with the added exercise or buy a cart Americans are too out of shape and eat too poorly to begin with.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,056 Times in 527 Posts

Oh, I wasn't complaining about the weight, just pointing out for a new buyer that it is a little heavier.

As far as discs go, I carry 16. And those same 16 discs ride better on my back in a Grip than they do in the Fossa. As I said, I'm tall, and that may be all the difference. And I will never push a cart! I just don't carry that much crap and rarely play tournaments.

Fossa is still a solid bag, just doesn't fit me.

Niced: (1)

Old 12-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 24
Niced 33 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger View Post
Tana Pro is a great bag, I've had mine since the initial pre-order and have no major complaints.
One of the best medium sized backpacks I've come across.
Easily stores 15-20 discs, and almost everything else you'd need for a tournament or casual day on the course.

The Pro is worth the additional cost for the higher quality materials, extra padding, and rain fly.
Agreed. Love my Tana Pro!