Old 05-21-2014, 11:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 36
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default What's up with this guy? PDGA conspiracy?

I've noticed this guy, Bobby Garner of Hawaii, all over Facebook ranting like a crazed lunatic about the PDGA, John Houck, USDGC, Brian Graham, etc. I've seen him posting on the touring guys pages and other disc golf pages, and always bashing the crap out of the PDGA. Granted 80% of what he says is unintelligible, but I'm wondering what his story is. He makes some outrageous claims regarding conspiracies, coercion, discrimination, etc. He also talks a lot about Hawaii disc golf being oppressed. Clicking on his page reveals that he has been on this crusade for quite sometime. It even appears as though he was elected to serve as the PDGA Hawaii state coordinator at one time.

So what is the deal? Is this just some crazy disc golfer, or is there more to the story than meets the eye? I'm not looking to bash anyone, just genuinely curious as to the story that has this guy all fired up.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by The Hammer; 05-21-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I've heard the name and the adjective used to describe him is "crazy" I can't believe there is any grand PDGA conspiracy about anything because they seem to have a hard enough time getting memberships and renewals processed. They have a tough job to do with very little coming in. I support them because they support disc golf. I don't agree with everything but they have elections and I can voice my opinion by voting for board members who I do agree with. I see a lot of complaining from PDGA members and most of the time when I ask who they voted for last election they say "what election?"
Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bobby...51212328373081

woah

to any kids that might be on this website: Don't do Meth.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 514 Times in 389 Posts

Seriously its a native Hawaiian thing... Look at the battle they have been taking on for years and must not realize the superior quality of life they get being A PART OF THE LARGEST AND MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Seriously those Islands are SO small that people there are just focused on weird stuff.

Quote:
Hawaii is not legally a state!

It is easy to find the courage necessary to support a moral position if that position benefits oneself. True moral courage, however, is proven when one chooses to support that which is morally and ethically right even when such a position is to one's one detriment.

The people of the United States find themselves in such a position right now, forced to choose between a moral and ethical position that carries with it the potential for "inconvenience", or supporting the status quo and having to admit to themselves that they are not the champions of justice they imagine themselves to be. By the end of this article, you will know for yourself which one you are.

Most folks have heard that Hawaii is a state, one of the United States of America. Most people, including those who live in Hawaii, accept that statement as a fact. But the reality is that in a world in which nations are as bound by the rule of laws as are the citizens of nations (if not more so), the truth is quite different!
Sound familiar to how big bad bobby talks about the PDGA? Yep.......
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 36
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Seriously its a native Hawaiian thing... Look at the battle they have been taking on for years and must not realize the superior quality of life they get being A PART OF THE LARGEST AND MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Seriously those Islands are SO small that people there are just focused on weird stuff.

Sound familiar to how big bad bobby talks about the PDGA? Yep.......
Interesting perspective. Perhaps you are on to something. I'm still curious as to how a guy like this could be elected to serve a state coordinator and be banned from the PDGA a short time later.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 169
Niced 146 Times in 75 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013

Hawaii is 10% paradise / 90% volcanic death and slums. Nothing surprises me coming out of there.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 134
Niced 514 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Interesting perspective. Perhaps you are on to something. I'm still curious as to how a guy like this could be elected to serve a state coordinator and be banned from the PDGA a short time later.
DG is full of drunks with lots of time trying to do "it" without a clue what even "it" is IMO... The locals there are different for sure and specially the native ones who are not as "westernized" -- I will NEVER go back to HI.

New is on point-- you get out of the tourist areas and you might as well be in a 3rd world country.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Meth
Old 05-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 55
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

We were planning a vacation to Hawaii, but after talking to a friend who lives there we decided to go to North Korea instead.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 38.2
Courses Played: 270
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 37 Times in 23 Posts

I don't think you can mention "DG opression in the US" without saying "Rhode Island" first.

Meanwhile, its no surprise he got kicked out---he wants a reality-show life, and wants everyone and everything to be a part of it, with himself as lunatic-in-charge.