#11  
Old 03-16-2018, 05:29 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,605
Niced 1,397 Times in 811 Posts
Default

I'm out of breath just reading this...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-17-2018, 11:06 AM
giles's Avatar
giles giles is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO
Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 2,184
Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Beautiful area for driving. We stayed in Pagosa Springs last year, but I wasn't able to throw. There are three solidly rated courses there, FWIW.
Fatality accident on the pass a few days ago involving Texans here for spring break. Snow storm and they hit the barrier at the overlook coming down the pass. Was inspecting the damage when another car slid into him and killed the poor guy. Didn't fault the driver due to low visibility and snow/icy roads.

Wolf Creek pass is deadly, be careful driving around here. I've hit two deer and missed several more in my short time living here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Stardoggy's Avatar
Stardoggy Stardoggy is offline
**SuIciDe AnKles**
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Plymouth, WI
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 364
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,040
Niced 435 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
Fatality accident on the pass a few days ago involving Texans here for spring break. Snow storm and they hit the barrier at the overlook coming down the pass. Was inspecting the damage when another car slid into him and killed the poor guy. Didn't fault the driver due to low visibility and snow/icy roads.

Wolf Creek pass is deadly, be careful driving around here. I've hit two deer and missed several more in my short time living here.
Yeah, we did the run from Durango to Pagosa Springs in the dark. I was certain we were going to come around a corner into a herd of whatever. Fun, though!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-20-2018, 03:11 PM
InnocentCrook's Avatar
InnocentCrook InnocentCrook is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dry Ridge, KY
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,180
Niced 72 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
Fatality accident on the pass a few days ago involving Texans here for spring break. Snow storm and they hit the barrier at the overlook coming down the pass. Was inspecting the damage when another car slid into him and killed the poor guy. Didn't fault the driver due to low visibility and snow/icy roads.

Wolf Creek pass is deadly, be careful driving around here. I've hit two deer and missed several more in my short time living here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Yeah, we did the run from Durango to Pagosa Springs in the dark. I was certain we were going to come around a corner into a herd of whatever. Fun, though!
Sounds like the rural country roads around where I live. Minus the mountains, we just have steep hills.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-20-2018, 03:35 PM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,261
Niced 514 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
6/2: Drive back to Denver from Montrose. Possibly play CO Mountain College DGC and Ghost Town on the way back into Denver.
Just my 2 cents: I'd play Bailey instead of Ghost Town. While Ghost Town is an interesting place, the actual golf is meh.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-20-2018, 03:43 PM
InnocentCrook's Avatar
InnocentCrook InnocentCrook is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dry Ridge, KY
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,180
Niced 72 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Just my 2 cents: I'd play Bailey instead of Ghost Town. While Ghost Town is an interesting place, the actual golf is meh.
Yeah, we are mostly considering it based on the uniqueness.

Played Beaver and Bailey (I liked Bailey a little more) on a previous trip. If time allows we may play it again on the way out of Denver, but our return route will be on I70 and not 285.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-20-2018, 04:29 PM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,261
Niced 514 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Yeah, we are mostly considering it based on the uniqueness.

Played Beaver and Bailey (I liked Bailey a little more) on a previous trip. If time allows we may play it again on the way out of Denver, but our return route will be on I70 and not 285.
Ah, then nevermind - I actually looked at your courses played before suggesting that (you don't have Bailey marked as played). If you have played it already, Ghost Town is worth the stop.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-20-2018, 04:46 PM
InnocentCrook's Avatar
InnocentCrook InnocentCrook is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dry Ridge, KY
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,180
Niced 72 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Ah, then nevermind - I actually looked at your courses played before suggesting that (you don't have Bailey marked as played). If you have played it already, Ghost Town is worth the stop.
Seriously? If that's the case then my whole "100th course played" being Iffy Hollers is out the window.

I wonder if I've missed others...

Going to check now.

Just checked and it's in there. Not sure what you were looking at.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-20-2018, 04:49 PM
InnocentCrook's Avatar
InnocentCrook InnocentCrook is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dry Ridge, KY
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,180
Niced 72 Times in 43 Posts
Default

I just noticed I have Beaver in my favorites and not Bailey. Possible that's what you were seeing?
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 03-20-2018, 05:19 PM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,261
Niced 514 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Yup, that was it. I'm smart.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.