Old 06-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 15 Times in 8 Posts

Played the same course as on Friday, scores say I played better, but can't say I was left with the same feel. Fewer birdies, though fewer as high score holes as two days ago, but the fewer birdies also left the feeling of blandness, "meh, a par". Today was a hyzer-day, so many of the teeshots were far too hyzer-y. Probably not a bad thing if your line is meant for a hyzer shot, but for lines I throw, flat and fade toward the bucket, throwing hyzer right off the tee meant into the rough early. Long putts weren't working either, don't think I got any metal from outside the circle (sadly too much metal from front-rim bangers inside the circle ). Only that worked most of the day was upshots, kept getting drop-ins solidly.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 68 Posts

Shot +10 my first time playing Sunrise DGC in Citrus Heights, CA. Really liked the course, played decent but not great (for me) most of the day. Birdied #10, made a couple of doubles (including a 7 on the 1009' par 5 hole). Lost a few shots to poor course management and/or trying fifty-cent shots in dime situations. Ran into a couple of "kids" in their twenties and played most of the round with them - they made me laugh often so that was a bonus. Looking forward to trying that course out again
Old 06-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

It was bogie city day at Ace Pot, but after a 300 ft ace, no OB shot could phase me. Only shot -1 with 4 OBs and an ace. Rough round, but doesn't matter, had an ACE!
Old 06-27-2016, 12:24 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Came in 9th in intermediate which isn't great. But it's only my second tournament so I'm ok with it.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 152
Niced 384 Times in 272 Posts

Rec round. Hit an ace but still ended over par on an easy course. I didn't hit a single putt outside 20-25 feet, hit OB a couple times, got a triple bogey on my "nemesis hole," and lost a Firebird. But hey, I finally got that elusive first ace! And drives continue to improve, even though my putting game isn't taking advantage of the opportunities.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Niced 91 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamtheMan View Post
Played the same course as on Friday, scores say I played better, but can't say I was left with the same feel. Fewer birdies, though fewer as high score holes as two days ago, but the fewer birdies also left the feeling of blandness, "meh, a par". Today was a hyzer-day, so many of the teeshots were far too hyzer-y. Probably not a bad thing if your line is meant for a hyzer shot, but for lines I throw, flat and fade toward the bucket, throwing hyzer right off the tee meant into the rough early. Long putts weren't working either, don't think I got any metal from outside the circle (sadly too much metal from front-rim bangers inside the circle ). Only that worked most of the day was upshots, kept getting drop-ins solidly.
Whenever i have these days, i just concede that its an "upshot practice day", and roll with it.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:27 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 133
Niced 458 Times in 231 Posts

cont'd here
Closed Thread