#3711  
Old 11-25-2020, 06:32 PM
uncle pennybags uncle pennybags is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Years Playing: 9.7
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 516
Niced 224 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Crap, that is a world of suck. Sorry to hear you caught it and I hope you fully recover. A hospital stay of that length alone, is going to lay a licking on you. Be patient with your comeback.

The truly frightening part (like all of it is not terrifying), is the symptom free period. Allowing people who are carriers to believe they are healthy. Man, it reinforces the need for vigilance. If pennybags had been a denier (or just lazy ) and active in his community, he could have done some real damage, in turn all those folks could have gone out and done more damage.......wait, you guys have heard this story, right?
The part you didn't hear is that thinking I was just regular sick and not Covid sick, went to work for 3 days before getting checked out. (I came down with symptoms on a Saturday. It was a full week before I went to the hospital)
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #3712  
Old 11-25-2020, 08:21 PM
DG_player DG_player is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 765
Niced 399 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
The part you didn't hear is that thinking I was just regular sick and not Covid sick, went to work for 3 days before getting checked out. (I came down with symptoms on a Saturday. It was a full week before I went to the hospital)
That's the biggest problem with this disease, the people who never get "Covid sick" or the people who think they're regular sick for a period of time. Which is why the advice of if you're at all sick, test or no test, stay at home is the best.

Just look at college football to see how messed up people's views are. Dabo Swinney is lambasting florida state for canceling their game, after Clemson allowed a symptomatic player to practice and travel with their team for a week. Why would you even allow a sick player to practice and travel to begin with, but you're seriously gonna accuse the opposing team for dodging the game?!? The NCAA ought to censure him or suspend or something.

Reply With Quote
  #3713  
Old 11-26-2020, 08:30 AM
joecoin's Avatar
joecoin joecoin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Central Ohio
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,363
Niced 785 Times in 380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muptonfish View Post


... 73% of the people had to google the definition of nuance.

Not me. My Mormon uncle got remarried to twin sisters, now I have two nuance.

Reply With Quote
  #3714  
Old 11-26-2020, 09:47 AM
Smigles's Avatar
Smigles Smigles is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Switzerland
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,493
Niced 277 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
The part you didn't hear is that thinking I was just regular sick and not Covid sick, went to work for 3 days before getting checked out. (I came down with symptoms on a Saturday. It was a full week before I went to the hospital)
You dont go to work with "regular sick" either...
Reply With Quote
  #3715  
Old 11-26-2020, 10:26 AM
robdeforge robdeforge is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 672
Niced 408 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
Just look at college football to see how messed up people's views are. Dabo Swinney is lambasting florida state for canceling their game, after Clemson allowed a symptomatic player to practice and travel with their team for a week. Why would you even allow a sick player to practice and travel to begin with, but you're seriously gonna accuse the opposing team for dodging the game?!? The NCAA ought to censure him or suspend or something.
according to this article: https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...covid-timeline , dabo might not have done anything that is against ACC covid protocols, which is telling in its own right.
Reply With Quote
  #3716  
Old 11-26-2020, 10:31 AM
perklc perklc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 310
Niced 417 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
You dont go to work with "regular sick" either...
Welcome to America!

Early on, one of my hopes once we get passed this pandemic from this was that in the US we would start normalizing the idea of if you are sick, stay tf home, and employers would start support the idea of "oh, maybe sick employees shouldn't come into work and get everyone else sick". That's clearly not going to happen at this point. I think at best, for some office anyway, it will instead become "well, if you're sick, just get your work done from home" which... I guess is slightly better?

My hope now is that we somewhat start to normalize the idea that if you're sick and need to go out, maybe a mask isn't a bad idea. I don't see that happening either, but.. maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #3717  
Old 11-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,414
Niced 727 Times in 364 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
Welcome to America!

Early on, one of my hopes once we get passed this pandemic from this was that in the US we would start normalizing the idea of if you are sick, stay tf home, and employers would start support the idea of "oh, maybe sick employees shouldn't come into work and get everyone else sick". That's clearly not going to happen at this point. I think at best, for some office anyway, it will instead become "well, if you're sick, just get your work done from home" which... I guess is slightly better?

My hope now is that we somewhat start to normalize the idea that if you're sick and need to go out, maybe a mask isn't a bad idea. I don't see that happening either, but.. maybe?
Im lucky to work for a company that is forward thinking on this issue. 3 extra days off next year. Plus, i imagine if/when the office becomes a work site again, we will have the capabilities to work from home alot easier than before.
I personally dont care for the type of work i do BUT the company i do it for has been exceptional during Covid.

I know iam one of the few lucky ones.
Reply With Quote
  #3718  
Old 11-26-2020, 01:47 PM
perklc perklc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 310
Niced 417 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Im lucky to work for a company that is forward thinking on this issue. 3 extra days off next year. Plus, i imagine if/when the office becomes a work site again, we will have the capabilities to work from home alot easier than before.
I personally dont care for the type of work i do BUT the company i do it for has been exceptional during Covid.

I know iam one of the few lucky ones.
My company has been surprisingly good and has continued to let people who can work from home continue to do so even though they were mostly against WFH pre-Covid. Unfortunately for me, my job will require I be in the office 5 days per week beginning in January and will begin seeing a good bit number of people beginning the end of January. I am in a position where I can enforce very strict measures about masks (like.. they can't come in the building if they don't have one/I can kick them out if they refuse to wear it or wear it right), and the my program should be pretty much the only people in my building, but I am not exactly excited about the change especially being so close to potentially having multiple options for vaccines.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3719  
Old 11-26-2020, 06:36 PM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 725
Niced 576 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Yes. But I'm a lot more bothered by the people who don't even have a mask in the car to ponder going back to. Unlike our hero with a single, or possibly occasional, transgression, they're doing it with every interaction in their life.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Meanwhile, Discraft Dad, next time please give further thought to returning to the car for the mask. It reduces the slight risk by a little more, and it's not a huge ask. With a side benefit that everyone seen with a mask -- or better, making an effort to get their mask -- adds a tad to the social norms of wearing them.

Agree totally. Dad, just because I’m not in to bashing on you for an occasional fail, I think it’s important to do the right thing and go back for the mask.
Reply With Quote
 

  #3720  
Old 11-26-2020, 07:33 PM
Innova63's Avatar
Innova63 Innova63 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South-eastern, Disconsin
Years Playing: 35.7
Courses Played: 264
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 911
Niced 368 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Its hard to wear a mask...

just to go to the store...

Try dancing in a parade...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg To Discraft Dad.jpg (96.9 KB, 39 views)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I taking this too serious? craftsman General Disc Golf Chat 47 12-04-2020 08:44 PM
Taking at trip to CT discdad Vacations & Road Trips 11 05-05-2020 10:27 PM
If you were a touring pro, would you stop or keep going? COVID-19 holly7845 General Disc Golf Chat 69 03-23-2020 03:36 PM
Taking breaks KRATC Technique & Strategy 26 09-09-2012 07:47 PM
Taking DG TOO seriously??? tomjulio General Disc Golf Chat 29 07-28-2009 08:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.