People with touch?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2020, 04:30 PM
Par Member

Niced 170 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Who throws a mid from 130 feet? But I get what you are saying.

Or the fact that I've spent far more hours on this forum than actually throwing, at least in the last few years, but its fun... sometimes.
Right now, probably just due to how much time I am spending with them, I'd be happy to throw my Sharks at literally any shot lol. I take a stack out to a park, throw one out, and try to get the rest of them as close to that one as I can. They all have different personalities now, and 'like' certain lines more than others.

This is the kind of seemingly mundane activity that probably resides in the 99% side of this thread, but to me it is a legitimately good time.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:57 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 420 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
People with touch?
It's just that its pretty much objectively the wrong disc choice for that distance, if the goal is throwing the best disc for that distance. If it's for fun, do whatever you want! Hell some people are jump putting at that range. I'm a pretty below average player but I'll still throw putters on anything <250' unless its a really low ceiling. But you do you.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 658 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
It's just that its pretty much objectively the wrong disc choice for that distance, if the goal is throwing the best disc for that distance. If it's for fun, do whatever you want! Hell some people are jump putting at that range. I'm a pretty below average player but I'll still throw putters on anything <250' unless its a really low ceiling. But you do you.
I was joking.

I do, however, frequently throw rocs from that distance out on low ceiling holes.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:22 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 52 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
People with touch?
I don't hesitate to throw a driver from that distance, when I need to skip under overhanging branches. Worked out a few times yesterday.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-25-2020, 07:30 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 52 Times in 27 Posts

Putting is what I spend the most time on, and then approaches. That's where strokes are shaved off. With that being said, I've decided to shut it down for at least a week, and build my form with the basics with my drives to gain more distance and accuracy. I will start with with the Standstill throw with Mid's, and work my way up from there. Will probably take until at least the spring if not longer.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:39 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 420 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
I was joking.

I do, however, frequently throw rocs from that distance out on low ceiling holes.
Haha sorry didn't catch the sarcasm! It's true low ceilings will force the faster disc shots too.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 816 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
Who throws a mid from 130 feet?
At around 1:50 Philo talks about throwing a Champ Roc from about 150' or so. But as discussed here in the thread, yeah, under certain circumstances people will disc up for a short throw.

A lot of people now bag some kind of overstable throwing putter for this shot.

Lots of talk about throwing putters for everything under 300' but also lots of pros doing the opposite. Philo with a Roc, or Sexton with a Firebird on a ~200' hole for example.

Old 11-26-2020, 02:39 AM
Captain Oblivous!

Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts

Well...buying plastic is an absolute blast. I've been playing about a half a year and have already bought over 30 discs and I could easily go out and buy 30 more if I had the spare money. I love watching discs fly. Its like they are fighter jets and each one has its own flight that is unique. I am completely mezmerized by watching discs fly. So yeah- throwing hard and far is important for me. Playing on the course is fun but throwing in an open field is so much better- fly little bird, fly!

Old 11-26-2020, 02:43 AM
Captain Oblivous!

Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
The 99% is feeling the weight of the disc, and using gravity/momentum to propel that weight. 1% is picking up the disc and throw it as hard as you can, and believing that you can throw it further by just trying harder or being stronger.
I keep getting further