*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,764 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyRocs View Post
The best news on this page? "Back in stock: Champion Aviar"

Sorry, I tried to get excited about the Dart. I failed. I still get excited about a good Aviar, though.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyRocs View Post
On the plus side, it does seem as if Innova will now be putting the flight ratings on all of their new discs. Now if only everyone understood what they mean
Old 03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 59
Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

Ok, the Dart has my attention. If anyone gets on and dosent like it, I have a black Star Aviar that I will trade for it.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Ok, the Dart has my attention. If anyone gets on and dosent like it, I have a black Star Aviar that I will trade for it.
check out this store on wednesday.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Action...127831QQsofpZ0
Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I suppose anything is possible.

Way back in the day I was hanging around where some players were talking to Dave Dunipace, I think it was at a KC Wide Open. Anyway, somebody said something about Innova "copying" the Cyclone with the Gazelle. Dave D said it wasn't possible because he doesn't look at or throw discs from other companies. He said his disc ideas came to him in dreams and he never paid any attention to what other companies were doing. If you believe that (and I'm not sure that I do) then Innova would not be doing anything in reaction to another companies disc.
Never paid any attention to what other companies are doing? I call shenanigans on that one. Were that true, that would be bad marketing analysis, and you dont get the level of market share Innova enjoys today by being short-sighted or dumb.

Whats true is Innova holds their cards pretty close to the vest. DG is still a fledgling industry, and will become more competitive as it enters the mainstream, like surfing did 5 years ago. The market will grow and new companies will enter to compete with the former market leaders. Look at recent developments, such as the Team Innova member (cant remember his name) who left to join Latitude 64. Its happening folks, whether Innova admits it or not.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 3,764 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texconsinite View Post
Never paid any attention to what other companies are doing? I call shenanigans on that one. Were that true, that would be bad marketing analysis, and you dont get the level of market share Innova enjoys today by being short-sighted or dumb.

Whats true is Innova holds their cards pretty close to the vest. DG is still a fledgling industry, and will become more competitive as it enters the mainstream, like surfing did 5 years ago. The market will grow and new companies will enter to compete with the former market leaders. Look at recent developments, such as the Team Innova member (cant remember his name) who left to join Latitude 64. Its happening folks, whether Innova admits it or not.
Latitude 64 caught Innova's attention a few years ago. They have launched Discmania as their thinly-veiled Innova Europe brand to protect their market share in Europe from them.

As far as it goes in the US (which dwarfs all other disc golf markets) I don't think any of that matters. You can't remember Jesper Lundmark's name. Probably 90% of the people on this board have no idea what we are talking about because they never heard of Jesper Lundmark or Latitude 64. They ARE lining up to buy a disc that is basically nothing more than a small-diameter Aero made from Omega SS-ish plastic. They are doing this because it is the latest, greatest disc from Innova. They are the great white shark swimming in the goldfish tank. The disc golf landscape would need to change dramatically to change that.

Who knows, maybe it will. It will take better companies than GDS or Quest jumping into the fray for that to happen.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 112
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriefb11 View Post
On the plus side, it does seem as if Innova will now be putting the flight ratings on all of their new discs. Now if only everyone understood what they mean
Yeah, that is the trick isn't it. I understand what they mean and have seen it work. At the same time I would rather see a comprehensive universal system to rate discs. It would be like in ball golf when all companies call a 9-iorn a 9-iorn. On that note, had anyone gotten their hands on a dart yet?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

There is an invite only 521 tournament near asheville this saturday. Apparently 521 is a new game Innova is testing out. The $25 entry comes with a players pack that includes your first 2 rounds (i think its a gambling style game), 2 R-Pro Darts (im thinking the dart will be a universally used disc for the game "521") and a tshirt. Just heard about this the other night and was invited, not sure if im going to attend, i may just for the darts.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 27
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
They ARE lining up to buy a disc that is basically nothing more than a small-diameter Aero made from Omega SS-ish plastic. They are doing this because it is the latest, greatest disc from Innova.
As always Three Putt has hit the proverbial ace. I think that Innova could make the 'wheel' (and yes they would change the rules to make it ok) and it would sell just through the 'latest innova disc' syndrome.

IMO the most interesting revelation is the plastic, as technically this will be absolutely nothing we haven't seen before. But this is an admission, albeit rather clandestine, that Soft / flexible plastics are now highly prised, and people will pay for this. Innova have made a few soft disc before but have stood out untill now without and official soft plastic line.

So now we wait for the 6th aviar the R-Pro (although i think this is the jk kp what ever pro,) Then rebranding of the Pro Rhino to R-Pro and the debates as to whether Discraft Soft, Millenium SS, Gateway Softs or R-Pro is the best.

FYI Latitude 64 make awesome discs, over all slightly more stable in line up due the conditions in northern Europe.

http://www.latitude64.se
And Jasper Lundmark is the highest rated player at 1043 so i hear

Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 81
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
The best news on this page? "Back in stock: Champion Aviar"
Have they ever made Champion big bead aviars or are they all P&A's (A.K.A. beadless)?