Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.8
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 534 Times in 210 Posts

No, the point is that IT WAS HIS BAG OF DISCS.

The "he gets them for free" excuse is a load, A HUGE LOAD, of BS. Sounds like people are trying to defend stealing because he didn't pay for them.

Weak.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 125
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer View Post

The "he gets them for free" excuse is a load, A HUGE LOAD, of BS. Sounds like people are trying to defend stealing because he didn't pay for them.

Weak.
Exactly! I am FAR from being a pro, but have been playing for almost 15 years now, and playing tournaments almost as long. I have "won" a lot of plastic during that time, and have my primary tournament discs, and backups to everything as well. The backups I can and have made work, but it's just not the same as what you throw most often. The scumbag who took his stuff will eventually get caught, there's just no way he can get around it. Kudos to Grip for trying to help recover it, that is a first class move! Those of us who play thank you, and I'm sure you have just swayed some fans your way, and hopefully gain a few more sales from it as well!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:01 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,112 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer View Post

Weak.
i wouldn't even be that upset myself. I cant imagine a top pro like mcbeth really cares. Internet disc golfers are really sensitive and weird though.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 155 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
i wouldn't even be that upset myself. I cant imagine a top pro like mcbeth really cares. Internet disc golfers are really sensitive and weird though.
Have you ever had anything of significance stolen from you? Being the victim of a crime can be shaking.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 34 Times in 19 Posts

Well, hopefully in the words of the immortal admiral Acbar.. "It's a trap!"

And if not it should be.

The bag and discs will likely end up at a pawn shop or some PIAS.

How did his full bag get stolen anyways? Out of his car or during a practice round?
Old 03-02-2015, 09:19 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,112 Times in 746 Posts

lol... well disc golf discs and a bag are not all that significant IMO.

Had MUCH worse get stolen. Disc Golf Discs can easily be replaced (that's why you don't throw expensive OOP to begin with lol we toss them around tall grass and dirty ponds )

And most disc golf bags cost less than a suitcase and are basically just full of toys. Get serious man.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 175
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
lol... well disc golf discs and a bag are not all that significant IMO.

Had MUCH worse get stolen. Disc Golf Discs can easily be replaced (that's why you don't throw expensive OOP to begin with lol we toss them around tall grass and dirty ponds )

And most disc golf bags cost less than a suitcase and are basically just full of toys. Get serious man.
While true for about 99.9% of us, those toys are what pays Paul's bills. I can sympathize with that. Dude will obviously survive, but it is an inconvenience.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.8
Courses Played: 52
Niced 199 Times in 113 Posts

He still took second. Dude truly earns the name "McBeast" for sure.

But between what Grip is doing for him and the guy that started the gofundme to give Paul money, he can at least feel good that he has support out there. Mentally it might be a very different thing, but at least he has the support. I personally didn't donate to the gofundme (I won't get into why here) but I know it has a decent amount of money in there. Good show of support from the community.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 125
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Not too expensive?....Let's say he had 20 discs in his bag....at $17 that's $340. The bag he was using, was probably about $150 (I'm going low). With towels, mini's, etc....you are looking at well over $500. The monetary side alone will shake anyone, but the main thing is it was HIS stuff. It was his "toolbox"....he had things where he wanted them, not just his discs, but rulebook, towels, pencils, mini, etc... I have some things in my bag that are not worth anything on the market, but to me have great memories. People think, well, he has discs to replace, just go on. And to a slight degree it is true, however, disc golf is as MENTAL as it is physical. When you have something like this happen, it gets to you mentally. Yes, the bag, discs, towels are replaced, and yes you can go on, but pulling out that one disc, and remembering that "one time when..." happened with it, or anything else in your bag that has a certain memory, that CANNOT be replaced. Yes, that does shake you up. And when mental aspects like that are part of how you make your living, it is a big deal, more than just how much $ it is worth.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

i dunno. i struggle to see the "mental" side of disc golf. i just stand on the concrete thing and throw at the metal thing and walk around.

i doubt paul really cares half as much as people on the internet do.