Old 05-30-2017, 06:14 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I currently bag five Judges, hands down the best disc ever made. Two Classic Blends for putting, one new and one really beat in. I use the beat in one for hyzerflips too. I have a Classic Soft for touchy upshots that stick. I have one beat in Fluid, straight as an arrow. But it does not like to fade, that's why i bag a Lucid one. Fairly new, really beefy, fades like a Marshall. Pair these with a Suspect or maybe a Slammer for headwinds and there you go.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts

So I throw the MVP Anode. I've loved it years, waiting on baseline plastic to FINALLY be released. I've had awhile to throw mine now and they are beat to crap and warped beyond imagination. Frankly I need a baseline putter to give me the best confidence and feel in the circle. Convince me to give the Judge a try, and your reasoning. If you've thrown the Anode will it be comparable at all? Would the Anode still have a spot in the bag as an approach disc?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
So I throw the MVP Anode. I've loved it years, waiting on baseline plastic to FINALLY be released. I've had awhile to throw mine now and they are beat to crap and warped beyond imagination. Frankly I need a baseline putter to give me the best confidence and feel in the circle. Convince me to give the Judge a try, and your reasoning. If you've thrown the Anode will it be comparable at all? Would the Anode still have a spot in the bag as an approach disc?
I've thrown both and bagged both the Anode and Judge at times. I like both really well. The Judge I would say is just bit more stable, moreso compared to a beat Anode for sure. Feel-wise, they are quite a bit different, as the Judge is beaded and the Anode is not; additionally the Anode has that concave inner rim. Flight-wise and to a certain extent feel-wise, the Warden may be closer (based on what I've heard about Warden's; I've never thrown one.)

I do think the Anode can certainly stay in the bag for approaches along with the Judges for putting.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,296 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote:
If you want the Anode in your bag for approaches, that's your personal choice and decision to make.

Anyhoo, I have, and have used, an Anode. I used to putt with the Judge, until the Warden beat it out. The Judge felt MUCH better in my hand the the Anode, whose shoulder I did not like at all. I also have a Lucid Judge, which was a great approach disc. The Judge is a consistent putter, especially after practicing with it. The beadless Warden has been even better for me, but the Judge is a great putter and very popular. Comes in plastics from very firm to very soft, and several premium plastics, also.

Last edited by SD86; 08-16-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 47
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
If you want the Anode in your bag for approaches, that's your personal choice and decision to make.

Anyhoo, I have, and have used, an Anode. I used to putt with the Judge, until the Warden beat it out. The Judge felt MUCH better in my hand the the Anode, whose shoulder I did not like at all. I also have a Lucid Judge, which was a great approach disc. The Judge is a consistent putter, especially after practicing with it. The beadless Warden has been even better for me, but the Judge is a great putter and very popular. Comes in plastics from very firm to very soft, and several premium plastics, also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake78 View Post
I've thrown both and bagged both the Anode and Judge at times. I like both really well. The Judge I would say is just bit more stable, moreso compared to a beat Anode for sure. Feel-wise, they are quite a bit different, as the Judge is beaded and the Anode is not; additionally the Anode has that concave inner rim. Flight-wise and to a certain extent feel-wise, the Warden may be closer (based on what I've heard about Warden's; I've never thrown one.)

I do think the Anode can certainly stay in the bag for approaches along with the Judges for putting.
So is the Warden to the Judge like the Anode is to an Ion? I remember not much caring for the Ion as a putter. I have been enjoying the Anode since it's initial debut. I haven't heard much about the Warden. I have not heard of it the same way I have the Judge.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
So is the Warden to the Judge like the Anode is to an Ion? I remember not much caring for the Ion as a putter. I have been enjoying the Anode since it's initial debut. I haven't heard much about the Warden. I have not heard of it the same way I have the Judge.
Not exactly. The Judge and Warden are very close in stability, where the Ion is a bit more stable than the Anode.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I recommend the Marshall or Shield as an overstable compliment to the Judge. The Shield comes in Tourney or VIP and both are fantastic throwers. The premium plastic Judges just never quite felt or flew the way I has imagined.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,296 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote:
The Warden is said to be a "beadless Judge", but they're ever so slightly different in their rims beyond the bead. Having said that, they are more similar than the Anode is to the Ion.

And yes, for some strange reason () the Judge is more well-known than the Warden. Except in my bag...
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

A Warden is like quite a few other discs in that it is beadless and mostly neutral, but just stable enough. The Judge is a bit more unique as most beaded putters are more stable. I agree with your assessment of the discs though.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:55 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 20 Times in 13 Posts

One thing that haven't seen mentioned here is that the Anode is also deeper than the Judge or Warden. The Judge and Warden are low profile discs, whereas the Anode is deeper, more similar to an Aviar, P2, etc.