Old 04-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 27
Niced 543 Times in 223 Posts

And yes you do look like an underfed orang utan especially in that top

I am ridiculously jealous of your stupidly long limbs!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2016, 07:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,059 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
Makes sense, you have to actively pull it through the pivot (this being the last last last stage of it all, good body positions have bought most of the disc edge round, then the last break from your palm and other fingers is the final pivot) which would indicate a hard throw, if you kind of ***** it and don't get the hit right, it will slip out early and go nose up. Look at the picture i snap shotted of you again, currently the disc is slightly nose down, it's still going to sling around your pinch point slightly more as you actively pull your thumb forward and under, the bit of the disc that is directly opposite your thumb will be the nose of the disc at release.
100% agree with the bold, BlakeT's myth of disc pivot. The disc "pivots" because you are pushing/pulling it around. The nose relative to the thumb depends on what clock you actually rip or slip from as the leading edge at release is always the nose.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbr75 View Post
Is there a benefit to pronating/rolling under at release vs already being there at max reach back?
I'll add that at reachback I'm typically totally supinated like Brinster into the under swing plane/hyzer/level to shoulder plane. It's a different loading than if you were pronated at reachback. If I'm pronated at reachback the only swing plane I have power through my body on is swinging over the top/anhyzer.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 30 Times in 27 Posts

Old 02-28-2019, 08:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

I bet if filmed from the side you aren't forward enough toward the front of the teepad over the right leg. You aren't following/swinging through or getting pulled through all the way. As well if you pause at the "power pocket" position your upper arm angle to the spine is pretty low...like your forearm is very low and the upper arm to spine is closer to 45 or lower rather than close to 90 and up. I bet this is from not having the right shoulder ahead of the right hip when viewed from the side...this helps leverage the shoulder/arm vs. getting the upper arm jammed.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2019, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

SUP stranger?

Get your shoulder over your knee. Nose over toes.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2019, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks, guys!

The old throw needs a tune up after a little while off. I'm pretty sure the reason I'm not nose over toes is because I've had it in my head that I always fall forward (or from the angle of the video, to the left) and I'm trying not to.

I appreciate that advice as always, and I'll be back with more soon.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I bet if filmed from the side you aren't forward enough toward the front of the teepad over the right leg. You aren't following/swinging through or getting pulled through all the way.
I feel like I've always had trouble with this. I want to brace behind the front leg, and I end up leaning back towards the back of the teepad.

Quote:
As well if you pause at the "power pocket" position your upper arm angle to the spine is pretty low...like your forearm is very low and the upper arm to spine is closer to 45 or lower rather than close to 90 and up. I bet this is from not having the right shoulder ahead of the right hip when viewed from the side...this helps leverage the shoulder/arm vs. getting the upper arm jammed.
Hopefully this part will be an easy fix. I think I'm trying to keep my arm loose and end of never bringing it up to the proper height.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
I feel like I've always had trouble with this. I want to brace behind the front leg, and I end up leaning back towards the back of the teepad.

Hopefully this part will be an easy fix. I think I'm trying to keep my arm loose and end of never bringing it up to the proper height.
I don't think it's as easy as just trying to put the arm in the right place. It wasn't for me anyways. I always had my shoulder behind or above my hip, so it wasn't leveraged properly in sequence...so my arm wasn't "pulled" through from body leverage. So that meant the forearm would either squish upward or my elbow would go down. I'm feeling how to leverage my right shoulder from my hips, and that pulls the arm along. It doesn't really matter now where my backswing ends height-wise, my arm looks way better by the "power pocket" frames because it has to be pulled to that point from my shoulder being leveraged.

Basically:
-my forearm and disc would rise up because my shoulder was behind my hip
-my upper arm would be very low relative to spine when I was trying to swing with a flat shoulder plane rather than keeping the shoulder under chin leverage or rotation way. This is counterintuitive but it's the way the leverage works out I guess

Old 03-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

I was thinking of them as two separate issues which they may not be. Issue #1 being swing plane, and issue #2 being shoulder behind hip. Maybe my swing plane is jacked up to compensate for the hip/shoulder issue.

Quote:
I always had my shoulder behind or above my hip, so it wasn't leveraged properly in sequence...so my arm wasn't "pulled" through from body leverage. So that meant the forearm would either squish upward or my elbow would go down. I'm feeling how to leverage my right shoulder from my hips, and that pulls the arm along. It doesn't really matter now where my backswing ends height-wise, my arm looks way better by the "power pocket" frames because it has to be pulled to that point from my shoulder being leveraged.
Do you have any prescription for how to work on this or feel the leverage from the hips?

And just to make sure we are on the same page, we are talking about shoulder forward of hip like Paul shows here, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PMcBShoulderForwardOfHip.jpg (61.9 KB, 97 views)