Old 04-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 464 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Okay, this will cross into politics, but I no longer care. I'm tired of being attacked and lied about.

Dr. Carl Sagan one said "keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." The Left is constantly saying "keep and open mind", but what they really mean is "change your mind to agree with what we say, or else."

The Left uses political correctness as a weapon, to stifle debate and silence those who are not in jackbooted lockstep with their political views. Political correctness is not a 1980s thing, it is a very real threat to the expression of the truth and facts TODAY.

When the Left hears something they don't like, they attack it as 'uninformed'. NovaP called my statement of a fact 'uniformed' because it was not in lockstep with her views. It was a personal attack and an attempt to 'refute' my facts because she cannot refute the fact that people with XX chromosomes are female and people with XY chromosomes are males. It is NovaP that made the accusation about another's thinking when faced with a fact that disagrees with her politically correct views.

It is NOT a travesty to stand up against political correctness in the name of the Truth. Political correctness, especially as weaponized and used by the Left, is an attempt to suppress the Truth, and it is going to lead to something much, much worse than the debate on this thread if people of integrity do not stand up against it and call it out for what it is.
It is a travesty to "stand up against political correctness". Being PC has been characterized by some to be a means to suppress the truth. The fact of the matter is before the term "political correctness" was coined, it was already being taught. My parents called it being polite.

From Merriam Webster: politically correct adjective
Definition of politically correct
: conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated

Eliminating language that is offensive is not suppressing the truth. It is asking people to treat others the way they want to be treated. Or like my mother called it "being polite". Using offensive language is a sign of intellectual laziness. A point, any point,can be made without being offensive. Sometimes it just takes a willingness to think of other people's feelings before responding.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2019, 03:55 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,308 Times in 1,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
Reminder: you still don't exist. You tripled-down on calling transgender people "mutilated." Your "being taken seriously by Nova P" license expired days ago, and you only get further from the license office with every step you take.
As if I need a license from YOU which I don't. But if your continuing personal attacks make you feel better, then by all means keep acknowledging my existence with them.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,437 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
As if I need a license from YOU which I don't. But if your continuing personal attacks make you feel better, then by all means keep acknowledging my existence with them.
You know what I'm not doing with you? Discussing things that matter. Enjoy being in a low-effort oubliette.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-09-2019, 03:58 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,308 Times in 1,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
Eliminating language that is offensive is not suppressing the truth.
By whose definition of 'offensive'?

Furthermore, beyond the dictionary and in practical terms: "political correctness" is used to attempt to suppress ANY speech or viewpoint that is not in lockstep with the suppressor's views, to stifle all opposition to the radical views of the suppressors (very most often the Political Left).

Old 04-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 127
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 326 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I'm just saying a dose of scepticism is sometimes healthy.
the irony is just too much sometimes

Niced: (2)
Old 04-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 112 Times in 78 Posts

This thread gets worse and worse. Should just close this.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-09-2019, 04:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.9
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,037 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
By whose definition of 'offensive'?

Furthermore, beyond the dictionary and in practical terms: "political correctness" is used to attempt to suppress ANY speech or viewpoint that is not in lockstep with the suppressor's views, to stifle all opposition to the radical views of the suppressors (very most often the Political Left).
Obtuse doesn't even begin to scratch the surface with you, grandpa.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,437 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
This thread gets worse and worse. Should just close this.
Yeh. When someone goes off the deep end and thread(bleep)s and gets a big chunk of the thread moved to the landfill, the mods ought to consider telling that person to stay away from the thread after that, instead of letting them go back and derail it again.

Closed Thread