Old 12-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 890 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
This describes a Rhyno. My Spider has fantastic glide.
His post is wrong for the Distance thing, as for the glide yeah a Spider has more the average putter glide of 3 not the midrange discs that most often have 4 or 5 on the glide. I know like with the Gator and the Wolf they are a lower, average putter glide of 3 for wolf and 2 like Rhyno on the glide but the facts are that most midrange have a glide of 4 or 5. So you could say the Spider has low glide compared to other midrange that are more common glide at a glide of 4 or 5.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 12-29-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:33 AM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Earlier in this thread someone described using the Spider as a longer Wizard. That seems about right to me. The Wizard has a good glide reputation for a putter and can carry pretty far. The Spider goes farther, as a faster disc, but has about the same amount of glide. Compared to putter-ish upshot competitors, the Spider has good glide, can go farther, and has good HSS without being very over-stable. It's just a nice accurate mid... maybe not the longest mid with the most glide but long enough and easy to control.

I totally understand Jay Dub's comment about fantastic glide though. For me, it has the perfect amount- not too little and not too much. However, whenever I hear something neg about the Spider having too little glide or about it being glide-less... I feel compelled to respond b/c I know it is more incorrect than correct... (at least in regard to Star Spiders). They have more glide than their numbers and rep suggest. Numbers aside, the way I see it is my Spiders seem to carry pretty far compared to other options for how hard I throw them. I usually don't throw them very hard, and I do use them at the same distances that many other amateurs use their mids in a round (which they aren't throwing very hard either usually).

Niced: (2)
Old 12-30-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Thrower View Post
Earlier in this thread someone described using the Spider as a longer Wizard. That seems about right to me. The Wizard has a good glide reputation for a putter and can carry pretty far. The Spider goes farther, as a faster disc, but has about the same amount of glide. Compared to putter-ish upshot competitors, the Spider has good glide, can go farther, and has good HSS without being very over-stable. It's just a nice accurate mid... maybe not the longest mid with the most glide but long enough and easy to control.

I totally understand Jay Dub's comment about fantastic glide though. For me, it has the perfect amount- not too little and not too much. However, whenever I hear something neg about the Spider having too little glide or about it being glide-less... I feel compelled to respond b/c I know it is more incorrect than correct... (at least in regard to Star Spiders). They have more glide than their numbers and rep suggest. Numbers aside, the way I see it is my Spiders seem to carry pretty far compared to other options for how hard I throw them. I usually don't throw them very hard, and I do use them at the same distances that many other amateurs use their mids in a round (which they aren't throwing very hard either usually).
Basically from what I was trying to say in post #81 is the same as you, the Spider is made as a midrange distance putter.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:53 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Basically from what I was trying to say in post #81 is the same as you, the Spider is made as a midrange distance putter.
Yup, I totally agreed with you and was expanding on it. I try to promote Spiders when I can. I don't want them to go OOP b/c I use 'em. Champ went OOP. I heard in this thread that DX went OOP. Now I recommend Star to everyone. I never see anyone else use Spiders in my area. People who use them really love them. Most players will never try them.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Thrower View Post
Yup, I totally agreed with you and was expanding on it. I try to promote Spiders when I can. I don't want them to go OOP b/c I use 'em. Champ went OOP. I heard in this thread that DX went OOP. Now I recommend Star to everyone. I never see anyone else use Spiders in my area. People who use them really love them. Most players will never try them.
Yeah at least Innova has the chance of Making a plastic or two for the Spider as a limited run in the https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/ should the mold go oop as a full production mold.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 289 Times in 184 Posts

My poor attempt at a Spider turnover ended up on thin ice yesterday. I was able to rescue it this morning. Those DX Spiders are rare beasts not to be casually thrown away.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
My poor attempt at a Spider turnover ended up on thin ice yesterday. I was able to rescue it this morning. Those DX Spiders are rare beasts not to be casually thrown away.
Some reason they are more popular then the Star. Can see why as the Star plastic for Spider makes it feel larger in hand then DX. Now if a G-Star Spider were to come out, it would be popular as an approach disc.

Niced: (3)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 01-02-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I did the same for a Magnet in the old stiff Pro D plastic, I spent 5 minutes getting the disc from a Ceder. This was before the Clutch Came out from Legacy. I had disc get stuck in the 2000's the in newly finished in town course had two trees that were Ceder trees growing up like a V right near a basket, this was before the trees came down in a storm, same one that saw a big cottonwood die off in that park just missing a basket on hole 17.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 682 Times in 347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I did the same for a Magnet in the old stiff Pro D plastic, I spent 5 minutes getting the disc from a Ceder. This was before the Clutch Came out from Legacy. I had disc get stuck in the 2000's the in newly finished in town course had two trees that were Ceder trees growing up like a V right near a basket, this was before the trees came down in a storm, same one that saw a big cottonwood die off in that park just missing a basket on hole 17.
The Thread Drift King has spoken!

Old 01-07-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
The Thread Drift King has spoken!
No I am not, thread drift kings are the ones that can take something about sponsorship changes and talk about BBQ.