#311  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:39 PM
DoWork DoWork is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 791
Niced 652 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Are you Titan037's white knight burner account?

Do you know you’re crazy or does this seem normal to you?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:48 PM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,492
Niced 2,025 Times in 661 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Do you know you’re crazy or does this seem normal to you?
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 01-23-2020, 03:13 PM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,556
Niced 1,099 Times in 642 Posts
Default

The Disc Golf Podcast w/ Brodie Smith.

https://soundcloud.com/joe-robin-770...1-brodie-smith

Imop...dude is starting to sound disc golf legit. hmm.....
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 01-23-2020, 03:50 PM
aredoubles aredoubles is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 136
Posts: 101
Niced 116 Times in 46 Posts
Default

In his reddit ama, Brodie says that he's only played 5 or 6 courses so far, and his favorite was Dash's Track in DFW.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5142

Most holes are under 200 ft. Course rating is a 2.57.

Seems like an odd course for an aspirational competitive pro to list as their favorite.

Elsewhere in the ama, I noticed that he didn't seem to know the stable/understable terminology yet, and doesn't fully know the rules yet.

If we're taking bets on whether he'll be 1000-rated by the end of the season, I'd also like to take bets on whether he's still playing disc golf by the end of next year.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 01-23-2020, 03:52 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 223
Posts: 8,533
Niced 2,193 Times in 1,242 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
In his reddit ama, Brodie says that he's only played 5 or 6 courses so far, and his favorite was Dash's Track in DFW.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5142

Most holes are under 200 ft. Course rating is a 2.57.

Seems like an odd course for an aspirational competitive pro to list as their favorite.

Elsewhere in the ama, I noticed that he didn't seem to know the stable/understable terminology yet, and doesn't fully know the rules yet.

If we're taking bets on whether he'll be 1000-rated by the end of the season, I'd also like to take bets on whether he's still playing disc golf by the end of next year.
mf be practicing on a putt putt course

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 01-23-2020, 03:59 PM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,556
Niced 1,099 Times in 642 Posts
Default

From what I've "heard" him say, it sounds like he is convinced the game is won and lost from 300ft in. That may be why is focusing on putters and mids for the most part and apparently learning the various shots, angles, for the short game. Must be nice to bomb near 500ft so early on that you can focus on other parts of the game.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,813
Niced 1,972 Times in 789 Posts
Default

This is the most DGCR thread I have ever seen. It has it all, speculation, conspiracy theories, brutal sarcasm, trolling, Casey...

Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 01-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,381
Niced 4,514 Times in 1,891 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
This is the most DGCR thread I have ever seen. It has it all, speculation, conspiracy theories, brutal sarcasm, trolling, Casey...
You forgot fanboyism

Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 01-23-2020, 04:27 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,848
Niced 1,345 Times in 776 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
From what I've "heard" him say, it sounds like he is convinced the game is won and lost from 300ft in.
...
It is. You never saw David Wiggins as a winner of any National event, did you?

Reply With Quote
 

  #320  
Old 01-23-2020, 04:27 PM
John Hansen's Avatar
John Hansen John Hansen is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mesa AZ
Years Playing: 42.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 263
Niced 90 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Needs BBQ

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brodie Smith vs Paul vs Simon brutalbrutus General Disc Golf Chat 81 11-20-2019 11:23 PM
Brodie Smith on CBSSports feed Cgkdisc General Disc Golf Chat 7 09-04-2015 10:24 PM
Brodie Smith Trick Shots With Discs kw83028 General Disc Golf Chat 35 07-02-2013 02:04 AM
Avery and Brodie trick shots tripp General Disc Golf Chat 57 05-26-2012 10:59 PM
Brodie Smith gcr_russell General Disc Golf Chat 66 02-29-2012 03:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.