Old 01-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts
Default Backpack Bag under $80?

I currently use the Dynamic Discs Trooper Backpack ($40) and am looking to move up just a bit in quality to the $65 to $80 range for a new Backpack. My 10 year old, who doesn't play quite as much as I do, will be the recipient of my Trooper.

It seems like my main three choices are:
-Dynamic Discs Sniper Backpack
-Innova HeroPack Backpack V2
-Discraft Tournament Backpack

For anyone who has used any of the above mentioned backpacks, what are your thoughts? What advantages do they give over my current DD Trooper?

Thanks!

TripleB
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 269 Times in 170 Posts

The sniper is basically a stiff trooper, but it doesn't hold as many discs. The putter pouch only holds 2 discs in it and the main compartment is also a little small IMO. Though it is is a really durable bag, Ive seen it get bashed around quite a bit. The sniper bag can also be expensive depending on where you get it from.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

I'm currently rocking the Fossa Tana, it's a great bag, it'll do what it needs to do , holds an umbrella, stool, rain jacket. Aside from that it'll hold all the extras(in my case keys, scorecards, dirt sack, some sandpaper, markers cell phone) and even after all this I find I have room left in the top pocket plus holds 20 discs easy, use the top shelf and top pocket and you're good for whatever. IMO great, affordable bag
Old 01-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy View Post
The sniper is basically a stiff trooper, but it doesn't hold as many discs. The putter pouch only holds 2 discs in it and the main compartment is also a little small IMO. Though it is is a really durable bag, Ive seen it get bashed around quite a bit. The sniper bag can also be expensive depending on where you get it from.
Thank you for the information! That's basically what I was hoping for...stiffer and with 'feet' on the bottom. Didn't realize the lack of 'feet' was that much of a concern until I played in some snow this past weekend

It looks as though I can get it for around $64 shipped...reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I'm currently rocking the Fossa Tana
It does look pretty nice...do you happen to have a picture of it with the compartments open? All I can seem to find at a quick glance is pics of it zipped up.

Thanks!

TripleB
Old 01-24-2018, 02:28 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 269 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
It looks as though I can get it for around $64 shipped...reasonable?TripleB
Where I got one for my mom's boyfriend it was $100.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy View Post
I have the Sniper and it seems very durable for that price. I liked the price and that is was an Ogio bag. My golf bag is an Ogio and I have played many, many rounds with that bag over the last 12-15 years. Ogio makes a good bag so I went with it. I think I can squeeze 21 discs in it if I go 3 in the putter pocket. Ive got the Sniper for walking but with my fake right knee I'll use my Zuca cart more. I figured the bag will be needed for the more hike style courses where dragging the Zuca up and down big hills and over downed trees would be a PIA.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts

[QUOTE=

[/QUOTE]

Thats the best deal for the Sniper I've heard of. Dynamic Discs sells them for $69 with free shipping.

https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/Dynamic...Bag-p/4986.htm

Old 01-24-2018, 02:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
Thank you for the information! That's basically what I was hoping for...stiffer and with 'feet' on the bottom. Didn't realize the lack of 'feet' was that much of a concern until I played in some snow this past weekend

It does look pretty nice...do you happen to have a picture of it with the compartments open? All I can seem to find at a quick glance is pics of it zipped up.

Thanks!

TripleB
YouTube has a review of it. That's what I went on when I decided I wanted one.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 94 Times in 80 Posts

Instead of a price of $80 max what are you looking for in a bag?

Amount of discs?
Storage needs?
Water?
extras you might like?
etc???

Old 01-24-2018, 03:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

One of my buddies uses the Sniper and he really likes it. It has held up really well over time. I'd say it isn't a bad way to go if you are looking for a less expensive backpack option.