Old 08-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceALot View Post
The guy was a douche liar, casual or state champ.

is that a multiple choice?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,806 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
is that a multiple choice?
Maybe a poll?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Maybe a poll?
Quiz
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboy2222 View Post
This is always a debatable topic. There are times I see a couple of people and insist that they pass. Others times, I don't want them to pass. So you said you were with a few friends, how many is a few? How many were in their, group? I personally think it's ridiculous when people play in huge groups, it literally holds up the whole course, and when you are in a huge group, why would you want to wait forever between your throws ya know? I think if you choose to play in a group of 6 or more people, you should be expecting to let most people play through. I usually play in no larger than 4 people. Sometimes if a course is super crowded, you can't let everyone faster than you pass through because you will never finish your round. If there is a small group of teenagers or casuals just coming through and hucking discs and not even playing seriously, then they can wait or skip a couple of holes for all I care. Maybe by getting stuck behind and watching us, they can see how to play the game and that some people take it serious.

Another thing that I personally do, is when I'm playing alone, which is usually throwing 2 or 3 drives and putts, and I come up on other players. I will usually just skip the hole they are on and go around them. I see a lot of people playing by themselves who will come up on a group and get impatient and just expect to play through a group, I think it would be easier for them to just skip the hole. If its thats serious for you, then you can always go back to it.
and this is the exact attitude that the op is talking about. so what if some people take it serious. that does not give said person any more or less right to the disc golf course. I play casual rounds for the most part. yet when someone faster than me comes up, I always offer them to play through. a lot of times they end up joining me. by reading your post ryboy it looks to me as you need a lesson in course etiquette. just because you take it serious you don't own the course. just because you take it serious doesn't mean you have the right to tell people to wait. those people could care less how serious you are about the sport and probably don't want to learn a thing from you.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

It seems like natedg is an offended hucker.

Why so unserious?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 110
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Like someone has said already, if it is who I think it probably is, then I really can't believe that this is the order of events that took place, and wonder what the other side of the story might sound like.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradical View Post
Like someone has said already, if it is who I think it probably is, then I really can't believe that this is the order of events that took place, and wonder what the other side of the story might sound like.
The other side of the story would be that we need to call the police because at least 4 people have vanished without a trace.

I would bet it's exactly who you are thinking of, which is why the situation rustled my jimmies in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
First off, get thicker skin. If the fact that a group wouldn't let you play through & you had to post ion DGCR, you have some serious issues. Also I bet that the person who said that there was a group of ten people in front of them was just an exaggeration. Many people exaggerate out of habit& I also doubt he/the group was trying to get you of the course. Either you've had previous interaction with this guy/the group or you just have a quick temper. Also just b/c people are in leagues & tourneys doesn't mean that they're talented players or that they have better course etiquette than casual players. Don't pin this on them b/c they are league players, they don't represent league players as a whole. It may have seemed like a dick move to you that they wouldn't let you play through but even if you where in a smaller group than them they could have been better players than you & your friends. That sounds like a bad excuse but I know from experience that a group a three bad players usually takes a lot longer to play a hole than a group of 5 great players. If it takes a person two or three shots to get to the same spot you get to in one shot it will no doubt take them longer to play. I understand that accuracy plays a roll in this also but I'm talking in general.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 35
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradical View Post
The other side:

- We were playing slowly and trying out a special layout of the course being used in the state tournament (lots of discussion/explanation going on)

- We were asked by a faster group (that is always out playing at the local courses) playing the normal layout to play through.

- We said "no"

- They walked past us, carried on with their day, and played 2 rounds in the time it took us to play one.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 87
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
The other side:

- We said "no"
That's at least part of the other side. But, inquiring minds want to know! _Why_ did you say "no"?

And, did you, and how did you, characterize the group in front of you?

Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 35
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agibson View Post
That's at least part of the other side. But, inquiring minds want to know! _Why_ did you say "no"?

And, did you, and how did you, characterize the group in front of you?
Sorry. I wasn't in that group. Just reporting what I saw.

The reasoning was something like "there is a another group of 10 in front of us."

"Group of 10" was 5-6 guys.