Old 02-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 86
Niced 98 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
You might be surprised. Many of us mixed twitch muscle types have to use form to get distance instead of torque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
And others just don't get distance at all
That's fair. I shouldn't make assumptions.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisugawa View Post
So I stopped by the MVP page and had a look at your bag... looks like mine haha. Saw the light fission Tesla's, do you use any heavier or regular ones? With the tennis experience did you find the BH or FH easier to learn?
Old 02-05-2019, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,485 Times in 2,361 Posts

Quote:
Also, some of us are about to relearn how to throw lefty. So advice about throwing discs with less power are definitely needed...
Old 02-06-2019, 12:15 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
So I stopped by the MVP page and had a look at your bag... looks like mine haha. Saw the light fission Tesla's, do you use any heavier or regular ones?
At the moment, I carry four Teslas. Three of them are Fission. Two of them are below 140g, and one of them is light 150s. At this point, I haven't worked in a heavier Fission Tesla in. But during this offseason, I'm retooling my driving form off the tee so I might make an adjustment closer to the Glass Blown Open.

As far as regular Teslas, I do carry a 150 class Plasma Tesla which is significantly beefier than the Fission ones I carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
With the tennis experience did you find the BH or FH easier to learn?
Backhand was easier to start with, forehand was easier to get better at, if that makes any sense. I didn't start getting serious about having a good forehand until the end of my second year of playing when it became obvious to me I wouldn't be successful against the better women in the game without a forehand.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,127 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
At the moment, I carry four Teslas. Three of them are Fission. Two of them are below 140g, and one of them is light 150s. At this point, I haven't worked in a heavier Fission Tesla in. But during this offseason, I'm retooling my driving form off the tee so I might make an adjustment closer to the Glass Blown Open.

As far as regular Teslas, I do carry a 150 class Plasma Tesla which is significantly beefier than the Fission ones I carry.

Backhand was easier to start with, forehand was easier to get better at, if that makes any sense. I didn't start getting serious about having a good forehand until the end of my second year of playing when it became obvious to me I wouldn't be successful against the better women in the game without a forehand.
i see you have a theory and relay which is respectable

but why arent you throwing a volt or ion im perplexed
Old 02-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 108 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Sell us on why anyone should throw a Volt.

Personally, I'm not crazy about the depth of the Ion. I like shallower putters.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,270 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Sell us on why anyone should throw a Volt.

Personally, I'm not crazy about the depth of the Ion. I like shallower putters.
I will sell you on the Plasma Volt. It is the least affected by wind of any disc I have ever thrown, or seen thrown with me on the card.
Yes, there are better head wind discs, but those, one cannot throw with a tail wind, or vice versa.

The Plasma Volts -1, 1 stability, decent glide and aerodynamic shape, make it golden for mixed wind shots.

We have swirling winds in East Tennessee; what is a head wind on the tee, may be a side wind on the fairway and a tail wind at the basket. If it's gusty, I just pull my Plasma Volt out and know that the wind won't mess with it too much.

As far as the Ion, he has squid fingers.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:45 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

i find that the volt was too close to the servo and wrath distance/stability wise so i kicked it out to simplify the bag.

the wrath doesnt have the glide that the volt does but the little extra speed makes up for that and its HSS is more reliable in general and in windy conditions.. made it a no brainer.

wolfmandragon, i woud agree with you on some volts do handle wind well.. especially when new and not broken in.

Has anyone tried the glow Envy, how does it fly?
Old 02-06-2019, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,270 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
i find that the volt was too close to the servo and wrath distance/stability wise so i kicked it out to simplify the bag.

the wrath doesnt have the glide that the volt does but the little extra speed makes up for that and its HSS is more reliable in general and in windy conditions.. made it a no brainer.

wolfmandragon, i woud agree with you on some volts do handle wind well.. especially when new and not broken in.

Has anyone tried the glow Envy, how does it fly?
My Plaz Volt is several years old. The Plaz Volt should be renamed it is so different.

As for for Eclipse Envy:
Less HSS more LSS. Great for *my* forehand upshot.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 02-06-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i see you have a theory and relay which is respectable

I can only speak for myself on this and how it relates to my game and my ability.

I currently do not have a use for an Ion that other discs already occupy. The Envy does what I need it to do in that category, for example. I have thrown Ions in the past, specifically Electron and Plasma Ions, and I didn't find them to be essential to my style of play.

The Volt, on the other hand, I still tinker with. For a very long time, I threw a 150 class Fission Volt and while it worked well at the time, I've moved on to other discs. It was a victim of trying to limit the number of molds I carry, very much like the Servo. So now, instead of carrying Teslas, Volts, Servos, and Craves, I carry only Teslas and Craves, just in a variety of weights, plastics, and conditions.

However, as I'm refining my game in the off-season, the Volt is another disc I may audition again.

Niced: (2)
Closed Thread