Old 12-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 845 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
GStar Valkyrie and I really don't see that changing much anytime soon...
my longest are the Champion Valkyrie and the very similar disc Dragon due to weight of the mold. However I have greater success with the Champion Valkyrie at 170 grams. I do have a Star Valkyrie 171-170 grams but the mold is not as long a flier due to the disc being flat top and a tad less glide.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I've now decided 100% 154 r pro boss and 153 blizzard katana the boss is of course extraordinarily flippy put on the right hyzer flip it is insane..I throw blizz kats far and the r pro will go 50 to 100 ft further..but only calm or downwind and perfectly clean hyzer form or else roller...

Niced: (1)
Old 12-14-2019, 11:20 AM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Any love for lightning mx1?
Bought one to help a buddy out and it was my favorite. So a few months later I put it in the river 😣
It's fast and straight for me. Except that one time
Old 12-14-2019, 12:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 177
Niced 123 Times in 76 Posts

Beat Tournament World. Borderline flippy, but if I anticipate the flip, goes a mile. Otherwise I am working in a Fuzion and Fuzion-X Defender to fly similarly to the World but have a touch more stability forgiveness.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 734 Times in 574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Beat Tournament World. Borderline flippy, but if I anticipate the flip, goes a mile. Otherwise I am working in a Fuzion and Fuzion-X Defender to fly similarly to the World but have a touch more stability forgiveness.
I threw an air World a few times... that thing is long. It'll flip on you, but generally has enough late fade to come back.

If you haven't given the Raider a look you might want to. Flies like a beat Defender, but longer with more glide.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,102 Times in 711 Posts

to this day there is nothing longer for me than this beat in fluid enforcer I had. On high distance line I could get 500+ from it with some idea of where it would land. I’m throwing Warhorses these days which I can get about 450 out of on bomber lines, and around 425 on golf lines but I’ve never found another disc that had that same perfect blend of glide and overstability. Some first run apes maybe, but the new bubble rim ones don’t have that glide.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 734 Times in 574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
to this day there is nothing longer for me than this beat in fluid enforcer I had. On high distance line I could get 500+ from it with some idea of where it would land. I’m throwing Warhorses these days which I can get about 450 out of on bomber lines, and around 425 on golf lines but I’ve never found another disc that had that same perfect blend of glide and overstability. Some first run apes maybe, but the new bubble rim ones don’t have that glide.
You ever tried a 150g McBeth star Destroyer? It sounds like a wimpy disc in such a light weight.... until you throw it. That disc takes pretty much all the arm I have to turn. Thing is, it holds the high speed turn for a LOOONNGGG time before fading hard. For such a light disc I was impressed with how it flew. Someone like you could probably bomb it over 500'. I was getting a solid 450' out of it. Longest Destroyer I've ever thrown.

I don't usually like light discs, but that one has enough overstability to not flip all over the place.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-14-2019, 04:39 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,102 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
You ever tried a 150g McBeth star Destroyer? It sounds like a wimpy disc in such a light weight.... until you throw it. That disc takes pretty much all the arm I have to turn. Thing is, it holds the high speed turn for a LOOONNGGG time before fading hard. For such a light disc I was impressed with how it flew. Someone like you could probably bomb it over 500'. I was getting a solid 450' out of it. Longest Destroyer I've ever thrown.

I don't usually like light discs, but that one has enough overstability to not flip all over the place.

I have! It went super far, but I usually had no idea where it would land. Threw it nearly 800ft on a steep downhill that ended up about 400 ft off target.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-15-2019, 07:50 PM
Par Member

Niced 84 Times in 46 Posts

Beat-in champion Wraith. Also getting great distance out of my star beast.

Old 12-15-2019, 11:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 177
Niced 123 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I threw an air World a few times... that thing is long. It'll flip on you, but generally has enough late fade to come back.

If you haven't given the Raider a look you might want to. Flies like a beat Defender, but longer with more glide.
Tried one, but only good out of the box, which makes it likely too flippy once seasoned. My Worlds, especially Tournaments, are awesome out of the box, but if I do not change how I throw them, they become unthrowable for me after six to seven months of consistent throwing. Once I realized this and started throwing with a little more touch and hyzer, I got it back under control. I picked up numerous Fuzion Defenders with the intention of beating them up, getting them to where a new World is at. That would be ideal. In the meantime, Defenders are awesome sidearm discs - something I can do for average results, but I am getting better.