Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 580 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Thanks for the sig shoutout.

Honestly, there isn't much new out that isn't any better than what came before it. Don't break the bank with the "newest" stuff (sorry fanboys). Most of it is a take on better molds that came before them.

However, check out JCassidy and Reptilian Disc Golf. He has put out 2 extremely good throwing putters through a partnership with Gateway. They have been the only new releases that wowed me.

Thanks for the love Streets and TBird. That's incredible. Easily the coolest thing that I've experienced in my time of playing DG is seeing guys I respect in the community touting our discs are "must throws".

Hopefully our following releases can continue to carve out a neat little niche in the game as a brand that DGCR built.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Welcome back.

A couple questions for what to recommend: What are you currently throwing and how far are you getting them? Also, are you looking for replacements or compliments to your current discs?

Either way, one disc I recommend for everyone to try is the Axiom Envy. It's an excellent driving putter.
I'm just looking for replacements and compliments. Right now I putt with BB Aviars but I want to something lower profile like the Envy. It's one of the discs on my list to get. As is the Proxy and the Atom. My mids are Rocs. I like the new Roc3s a lot but have no ideas what's up with the VRoc 1-3 or whatever that's about and I'm pissed the ProShop is out of McPros. My drivers are TeeBirds and Leopards. The TB is great, but I'm having a hard time finding consistently-domed ones. (Surprising, I know... )

So basically I'm just looking for general recommendations on all types of discs for all types of shots, as I'm remodeling my bag! I have to order online, so I'm using these recommendations for the first few orders of mine.

P.S. I'm done with Innova though, as I hate all of the plastic I've felt from them (DX is waxy garbage now) and I hate hate hate that I have to go to the ProShop and spend all my moolah on stuff that should be production and won't cost me my soul to ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
I've been impressed with all the Dynamic Disc offerings. I bag the Verdict, Truth and Suspect. They are also releasing 4 new molds this year.
Thanks! DD has been very intruiging to me but I've been reluctant as no molds from Lat64 have ever clicked with me. But I'll check those out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
MVP Tesla: OS workhorse driver
Axiom Envy: slightly OS driving putter I recommend the soft neutron
Axiom Crave: If you want a tbird like disc that's not actually a tbird

*puts head down and runs before the rocks are thrown*
Those were all discs I planned on trying out! Is the soft vs regular strictly a feel thing? Or is one more OS than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Thanks for the sig shoutout.

Honestly, there isn't much new out that isn't any better than what came before it. Don't break the bank with the "newest" stuff (sorry fanboys). Most of it is a take on better molds that came before them.

However, check out JCassidy and Reptilian Disc Golf. He has put out 2 extremely good throwing putters through a partnership with Gateway. They have been the only new releases that wowed me.
No problem! It was the most truth-filled statement I've seen in a while!

I figured there was nothing to lose my mind over. I'm just seeing if there's anything worthwhile to try out and if some companies still have the crazy amount of hype and fanboys! (cough cough MVP cough). But I digress, because I am finding myself almost ready to jump on that MVP bandwagon! Love the consistency. But I wanted some recommendations from other manufacturers too before I went all gaga for GYRO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid trees View Post

I agree with this. If you have some discs that work well for you stick with them.
So there's nothing that you liked that has came out recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Archer vs Arrow
lol? Um... I know? And? What new arrows should I try out?
Old 03-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeballSupreme View Post
I would also recommend the Axiom Envy. Fantastic putter that has been taking shots away from my midrange.

I also have been loving the Thunderbird by Innova.
If I wasn't sure on the Envy I would be now thanks to all of you! Do you prefer N or P? I also have been liking the Thunderbird, but I'm pissed there's no Star Thunderbirds....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post

Thanks for the love Streets and TBird. That's incredible. Easily the coolest thing that I've experienced in my time of playing DG is seeing guys I respect in the community touting our discs are "must throws".

Hopefully our following releases can continue to carve out a neat little niche in the game as a brand that DGCR built.
Would love to see that!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:35 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSand View Post
If I wasn't sure on the Envy I would be now thanks to all of you! Do you prefer N or P? I also have been liking the Thunderbird, but I'm pissed there's no Star Thunderbirds....
I have 2 protons in my bag right now. I didn't really see much difference in the plastics, so I went with the ones that look pretty. The Envy used to be my main circle putter but I had a few putts slide out of the chains and I also wanted something a bit less stable. I picked up a Atom to replace circle duties and have not looked back.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Envy is a great driving putter. G-star plastic from Innova has mixed reviews but I really like the teebird in it.

Claymore is a fantastic point and shoot mid from lat64.

Mvp resistor is a good overstable fairway. Axiom Crave is a great straight fairway.

Trespass us a good dd. Might have been out already? Too lazy to Google.

Welcome back to the game!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts

Welcome back.

There's nothing wrong with the stuff that worked before. If it ain't broke don't fix it, as they say.

The hell with conventional wisdom! But in these past couple years the choices exploded. So you'll likely to get a plethora of recommendations.

All that said, if I was to recommend just one it would be a Dynamic Discs, Truth. If you liked a Buzzz, a Truth should be an outstanding choice to give one of the new kids on the block a shot.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Verdict - Truth - Claymore.

Verdict is a better Hornet.
Truth is like a better Buzzz. you missed the roc3 or I'd compare it to that as well.
Claymore is a better Buzzz SS.

All three have very similar feeling rims, so its easy to dial in your angles for almost all of your mid work. Once you learn one, you've learned them all.

Those perform and feel a little better than older similar things to me anyway, but I like a lot of the new trilogy plastic. For the most part I dont think you've missed much.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,444 Times in 2,345 Posts

[QUOTE=PocketSand;2735739]
Those were all discs I planned on trying out! Is the soft vs regular strictly a feel thing? Or is one more OS than the other?[QUOTE]

Its basically a feel thing for me the soft envy has better grip, but they all fly pretty much the same.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

I know you said Lat 64 didn't click with you, but the Saint Pro is a domey Teebird. The Crave is a flatter Teebird.

I would also recommend the Verdict. More OS than a Roc but not stupid OS, and very fast. One of my favorite discs out right now.

As far as consistency, yes, MVP is very consistent, but so is Discraft, just because they've been around awhile, I wouldn't drop them from your bag.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,102 Times in 711 Posts

If you try a few new molds, the Scale as rec'ed is very good, the Salient Touch is a very good neautral putter. The Westside Harp is an amazing OS approach and short drive disc.