Old 10-14-2015, 11:04 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Asking for tips

This is my first year entering tournaments and taking my form serious. Asked a lot of questions, watched a lot of videos, and read a bunch from you fellas on here and this is what I'm bringing to the table. Basically my form was a complete overhaul from the beginning of the year and I need to know if I'm on the right path and what I need to work on. As for averages I throw putters around 220-250', mids around 280-300', and my best driver is a legacy outlaw a consistent 350'. The one thing I've noticed and have been trying to work on is that last step and trying to land a little more closed but that stated any help will be appreciated and thank you in advance.
http://youtu.be/jfiVqroSi4o
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

Best advice I got from a buddy of mine who plays on the MPO level, is keep your non throwing hand off the disc. This allowed me to get a better reach back. Also it allowed me to use that arm to open up more on the reach back.
Also looks like your all shoulders in the pull. Get your hips in to the turn more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4kU7cwgnLA
Notice how McBeths hips power the throw before his shoulders. Also, you can see his arm swing back on his reach, and powers it through to his side. His whole body is used and not just his throwing arm and shoulders
Old 10-15-2015, 12:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,012 Times in 1,836 Posts

Yeah, you are turning your foot and head ahead of your weightshift and hips, so you effectively have no "reachback" or using your hips to lead the throw. Your rear foot is too backward to load into it, so your weightshift and balance get wonky. Your long x-step behind your front foot puts you in a terrible position to make a forward move leading with your weight and hips. You hit your max reachback too early and start turning before your weight shifts.

Watch how Will's front foot turns backward when it plants, while your front foot turns forward when it plants and also watch how your head starts turning before your heel lands while Will is anchored and just following the disc with his head.

Turn your shoulder behind your other shoulder with you facing the wall and feet against the wall.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,599 Times in 1,650 Posts

You're kind of tipping/dropping into an open front foot and hip, which drags you forward in a "soft" kind of opening move. I know that's lots of weird words, but I'm just trying to say things in a different way than how SW22 pointed it out above in detail.

You'll have to shift into the plant foot, and have that energy build up through your hips/torso. Instead you're dropping into that front foot and then your hips don't add anything and your arm gets ahead of things eventually.

The good thing is you're holding on nice and late for a good hit point, and lots of these things will help you get a higher arm speed up to really boost your drivers out there.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:22 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,110 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Yeah, you are turning your foot and head ahead of your weightshift and hips, so you effectively have no "reachback" or using your hips to lead the throw. Your rear foot is too backward to load into it, so your weightshift and balance get wonky. Your long x-step behind your front foot puts you in a terrible position to make a forward move leading with your weight and hips. You hit your max reachback too early and start turning before your weight shifts.

Watch how Will's front foot turns backward when it plants, while your front foot turns forward when it plants and also watch how your head starts turning before your heel lands while Will is anchored and just following the disc with his head.

Turn your shoulder behind your other shoulder with you facing the wall and feet against the wall.

doesn't get much better. rinse and repeat.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:49 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the awesome advice everyone and looks like I have some practicing to do! Hopefully there will some updates to follow before winter comes.