* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,442 Times in 2,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Welll...Peyton does anyway
Yea maybe Eli was a bad comparison, lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 162 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Yea maybe Eli was a bad comparison, lol.

Eli has had some gems:

Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
Eli has had some gems:

O man, that was great but sort of hard to watch.

I'll take "large headed people who make more money than Paul McBeth" for $400, Alex.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 64
Niced 88 Times in 47 Posts

Please god let this thread become all about which manning brother is a better commercial actor.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Please god let this thread become all about which manning brother is a better commercial actor.
That would be ridiculous.

Personally, I think PM would be a better student of the disc golf game than EM would, but I'd be concerned about his ability to execute long drives without floating 'em into trees. I also wonder if his body would hold up to the rigors of disc golf, especially during the later days of long tourneys, and later tourneys in the season. And because PM is the more dominant football thrower, I suspect that EM would feel he had something to prove out on the DG course, and would therefore be the more motivated player. On the other hand, Denver has far better access to DG courses--advantage PM. In a nutshell: I don't think EM will change sponsors in 2016, but it wouldn't surprise me to see PM throwing for whatever brand will take him next year.

Edit: also, PM is too domey.

Last edited by Phil Esra; 12-01-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:15 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.8
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,718 Times in 786 Posts

PM does have the best SNL bit showing the kids how to play.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 199 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
PM does have the best SNL bit showing the kids how to play.
Perhaps Peyton's finest hour.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 231
Niced 83 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax88 View Post
I also hear he spends a lot of time volunteering at Golden Gate Park. He probably is a good guy but those moments whete he made bad decisions are the ones that scare sponsors.
My understanding isn't that he volunteers there, but that he is employed by the San Fran P&R and actually gets paid to work there. I may be completely mistaken.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 54 Times in 34 Posts

[QUOTE=AndyJB;2897846]Women are ABSOLUTLEY tied to their looks when it comes to success. Who was the blonde tennis chick who never eon a tournament but had millions in endorsements while the Williams sisters were slaughtering the competition and getting bupkus? Even now...watch the Gatorade commercial with Serena Williams. You barely see her face, while that hot soccer chick's face is shown in close up so much you can barely tell shes playing sports."

Anna Kournikova

She was actually in the class of womens players with Martina Hingis and as hyped as she was but never lived up to the hype. She got famous enough to be noticed and then basically became a model who played a little tennis. Women are judged more on looks than men, but its not ONLY women. There is a reason why Mcbeths mug is everywhere, I mean ya he wins everything but he is also very clean cut, perfectly coiffed. You cannot tell me if Feldberg was winning everything that his face would be thrown around as much.

I got to watch many of the women play at the GMC and here is my take on it. I thought they were all attractive and they would all kick my ass. So if they want to make goofy faces at any time its fine by me!

Old 12-02-2015, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.1
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Esra View Post
That would be ridiculous.

Personally, I think PM would be a better student of the disc golf game than EM would, but I'd be concerned about his ability to execute long drives without floating 'em into trees. I also wonder if his body would hold up to the rigors of disc golf, especially during the later days of long tourneys, and later tourneys in the season. And because PM is the more dominant football thrower, I suspect that EM would feel he had something to prove out on the DG course, and would therefore be the more motivated player. On the other hand, Denver has far better access to DG courses--advantage PM. In a nutshell: I don't think EM will change sponsors in 2016, but it wouldn't surprise me to see PM throwing for whatever brand will take him next year.

Edit: also, PM is too domey.
People often mistake DG as a physical game, and yes it is, and it takes stamina, but true success comes from the mental side of the game. The best players are mentally tough, and make the right decisions. That means the real question, for me, is who is smarter and mentally tougher....