GO FLAMES GO

Niced: (1)
Old 04-19-2019, 05:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 68 Times in 52 Posts

Udisc distances are typically 300-350 which seems more likely / realistic to me, but also typically thrown on golf lines. I don't really care about distance as much as being able to shape shots well but now that I've seen some longer holes I see the definite advantage of having an extra 50' of distance in your back pocket.

So seeing as there's several methods of measurement being used what is considered the most accurate/standard method in order to track progress or diagnose form flaws that affect distance?
Old 04-22-2019, 09:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
Udisc distances are typically 300-350 which seems more likely / realistic to me, but also typically thrown on golf lines. I don't really care about distance as much as being able to shape shots well but now that I've seen some longer holes I see the definite advantage of having an extra 50' of distance in your back pocket.

So seeing as there's several methods of measurement being used what is considered the most accurate/standard method in order to track progress or diagnose form flaws that affect distance?
I like a tape measure.. The 200ft ones.. It's always sad when I tape out my drives though.. Haha. Laser rangefinder is on the wish list though.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
I like a tape measure.. The 200ft ones.. It's always sad when I tape out my drives though.. Haha. Laser rangefinder is on the wish list though.
Got back to that course, turns out it was closer to 350' by udisc. Makes sense, the basket was up on a hill so they must have measured on the ground with a wheel or tape. That's what I had figured based on my typical distances of 350+- with neutral discs on a hyzer-flip but have never tried to validate udisc for accuracy. It's so rare that I get to play an open course or even see the entire flight of a disc to have a good sense of yardage unless I get up at 6am and hit the park with my dog. At that time only fools with dogs or drug habits are awake and active so I don't usually get there in time working night shifts. I don't think I've ever even seen a proper football field with yard lines painted to use as a standard so maybe a rangefinder would be handy to remedy that lol.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Got back to that course, turns out it was closer to 350' by udisc. l.
Hey how did that tourney in Calgary go for you?

Less than a month to go until our tournament, I ordered some custom glow minis to try and make a few bucks.. I hope they get in the mail soon.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Hey how did that tourney in Calgary go for you?

Less than a month to go until our tournament, I ordered some custom glow minis to try and make a few bucks.. I hope they get in the mail soon.
Awesome, good luck!

It's on May long weekend so haven't played yet. Certain I'll choke. Hard. But that's ok. I was a performing solo musician for years so I try not to sweat a crowd. Been practicing my open hole drives in Red Deer at Victoria Park and set up a makeshift basket in my hallway to throw a few every time I pass at 20 ft, plus a basket I made form things laying around in the back yard for a daily session for 30 minutes or more if Im into it and still shooting well.

It does surprise me how intuitively I'm able to throw in the open considering the tight spaces I always play it, but I can put my plasma amp within 20-30 feet almost every single time on holes upwards of 325 likely. When I do miss a drive it's no biggy because I scramble so much in the mountain woods that placement shots are second nature. Just gotta dial in the entropy to replace the zone and I think I'll do decently as long as I play smart and dont take unnecessary risks.

Oh Kofacks (spelling?) Says "hi", I played a round with him last week when we happened to get to the course at the same time and send along your greeting. He knew who I was talking about and blew his mind a little bit lol was fun to watch the confusion.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Awesome, good luck!

It's on May long weekend so haven't played yet. Certain I'll choke. Hard. But that's ok. I was a performing solo musician for years so I try not to sweat a crowd. Been practicing my open hole drives in Red Deer at Victoria Park and set up a makeshift basket in my hallway to throw a few every time I pass at 20 ft, plus a basket I made form things laying around in the back yard for a daily session for 30 minutes or more if Im into it and still shooting well.

It does surprise me how intuitively I'm able to throw in the open considering the tight spaces I always play it, but I can put my plasma amp within 20-30 feet almost every single time on holes upwards of 325 likely. When I do miss a drive it's no biggy because I scramble so much in the mountain woods that placement shots are second nature. Just gotta dial in the entropy to replace the zone and I think I'll do decently as long as I play smart and dont take unnecessary risks.

Oh Kofacks (spelling?) Says "hi", I played a round with him last week when we happened to get to the course at the same time and send along your greeting. He knew who I was talking about and blew his mind a little bit lol was fun to watch the confusion.
Haha that's awesome... I wonder if he's coming down.. Our tournament is the weekend after the May long it's Memorial day because some Americans have been coming for over 20yrs... funny how that happens! I'm sure he told you how awesome my place is.. Haha. He was here for the legendary first Margarita Open tourneys up here with " Da Clown".
Old 05-05-2019, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Hey any of your other Canadians find that you "nice" everything unnecessarily?

And it looks like our tournament is the May long weekend hoooboy it's gonna be a gong show! Coincides with Memorial day this year.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 05-05-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 249 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Hey any of your other Canadians find that you "nice" everything unnecessarily?

And it looks like our tournament is the May long weekend hoooboy it's gonna be a gong show! Coincides with Memorial day this year.
Im for sure coming over for the Saturday + Sunday for the Bender. Still trying to figure out a way to weasel off of work for the Friday the 24th. Would be ideal to come over to the island Thursday after work.

Going to try and get my buddies to register me for the ball golf doubles aswell (we have missed out 2 years in a row due to being so busy).

Sounds like we’ve got an air b&b this time, as last time we camped at prior centennial which was decent, but the semi-hungover walk to the course was less than ideal!

Any new changes to the pender bender this year? Or just tradition as always?