Old 06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy

Quote:
By the way, is a butterfinger just a big chik-o-stick dipped in chocolate?
Chik-o-stick has coconut. BF does not as far as I know.

Quote:
I hate to digress from the beating of Pamela Anderson aspect of this thread...but this dream reminds me of a man-made obstacle on the Red Burns Course in Little Rock...it is a HUGE PVC pipe hanging right in the middle of the fairway...sometimes my friend and I give it a hefty swing so it is going back and forth like at a minature golf place and you have to time your throw just right to avoid it
weird...was the hole too easy or something?

Is it this?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 107
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 436 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Chik-o-stick has coconut. BF does not as far as I know.

weird...was the hole too easy or something?

Is it this?
Apparently there weren't enough trees in the fairway already so they had to throw in something else to annoy the crap out of you????
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 63
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Played Meeman Shelby in Memphis,Tn and it was for the roc run (you use one disc, a roc, and they're crazy obstacles and mandos and ob) but there was a hanging basket on a tremendous hard hole wooded as everything, basket was about 15ft. in the air or so and there was a rope on the other side with a latch so it would be the same height for everyone. I was one of the VERY few people out of 130+ people to take a 3 on it. The maximum you could take on it was a 7 then you had to move on. The next round I took a 4... only because I hit one of trees near the tee , but I was draining the putts!

There's also a hole at Valentine Park in Munford, Tn that has hanging PVC pipe because there use to be a tree there but a vandal knocked it down and the hole because too easy, might be what happened there on the above hole.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Skankin77

Build it and check it out.

I'm sure kids at courses would leave it down though, so you would like have to run and crank it up and run back to tee off lol
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,373 Times in 1,109 Posts

Also, when camping, you can use the basket crank to store food at night so the bears can't eat it or putt practice 360.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to Geoffro

Not so crazy of a dream (kind of). The picture below is from hole 15 Anna Page Park - East in Rockford, Illinois.

What you see in the middle of the photo is a 100' pole with a complete basket mounted on top. I have played this course, (see my review down toward the bottom of the page), and when I approached this hole and looked down the fairway my first response was "what the...?"

The actual target basket is another 100' down the fairway, and the reason for the basket on top of the pole is still a mystery to me. If your drive is on line for the "real" basket, there's no reason you should still be 100' in the air at this point on the line. There are several discs in the basket, and no easy way to get them down, so I'll bet there's a local story here somewhere (hit the impossible on 15 and take 5 strokes off your game, or something like that).

Anyway, it was cool to see a basket way up in the air like that, and when I read your posted dream, I thought immediately of this hole.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,373 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffro View Post
Not so crazy of a dream (kind of). The picture below is from hole 15 Anna Page Park - East in Rockford, Illinois.

What you see in the middle of the photo is a 100' pole with a complete basket mounted on top. I have played this course, (see my review down toward the bottom of the page), and when I approached this hole and looked down the fairway my first response was "what the...?"

The actual target basket is another 100' down the fairway, and the reason for the basket on top of the pole is still a mystery to me. If your drive is on line for the "real" basket, there's no reason you should still be 100' in the air at this point on the line. There are several discs in the basket, and no easy way to get them down, so I'll bet there's a local story here somewhere (hit the impossible on 15 and take 5 strokes off your game, or something like that).

Anyway, it was cool to see a basket way up in the air like that, and when I read your posted dream, I thought immediately of this hole.
That's the Shaolin basket position.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 59
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Did I have clothes on in this dream? Because I was on the bike at midnight during your last dream. Just wondering.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 112
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I am all for crazy holes. Makes the game more exciting. Just do not expect a NT event at your course.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm

wouldn't it suck to hit the 30 footer, lower the basket only to find an empty 24oz. Keystone Light can balanced on top?