Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses

Old 07-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 376 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
Don Dahvee Open Space, it is pretty much a homeless encampment now
That's too bad. Been a while since I've been to Monterey. I bet no one wants to play DG there anymore.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2018, 04:48 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Why not partner with the city to install the baskets somewhere else and build a high quality course? I am sure you could find several course designers to help if that seems overwhelming. Form a group or club to help if you want to do the work yourselves. If the local disc golfers build it it will be better than what the city would install.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 234 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I live south of Denver, CO. Littleton. In my area there's only 1 real course within about 10 miles (Lighthouse at County Line Rd. and Holly). The course has been there since before I started playing in 2004. I just found out that the parks and rec district that runs the course is re-purposing the land for a giant ice arena sometime early next year.

This sucks. I love this course and I know a lot of other people do too. The course is in a hilly sagebrush covered field that is full of snakes, hawks, and other wildlife. I wouldn't be so irritated if there were other DG options in the area. Most courses in the Denver area seem to be well north or west of Denver.

Does anyone else on here play this course? Any feedback?

Don’t panic just yet!

One of our best courses around here utilizes the land around an ice rink. Because of the size of the operation there now, the course sees a lot of mowing. Maybe if you stay positive, start making friends and trying to work with the new crew a whole new opportunity will present itself, and an even better course will come of it.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:38 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 460 Times in 390 Posts

I know what you mean, my local in town course might loose 4 baskets on an 18 hole course Steamboat Park if a Water Treatment plant goes in there to treat water directly from the Missouri River. I can think of other places it could go that are city property and not in the way like that place is of the disc golf course, a Hotel and conference/small convention center and a nearby house that is as close to the park as one can legally be. Also the course might loose a 5th hole, the easiest in the park course to New Bridge construction. I am fine with that one going but the other 4 are the best and toughest on the course.