Old 11-19-2018, 07:32 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,008 Times in 684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
hmm maybe its different now because mine is NOT flippy at all. It has subtle turn but definitely on the more OS side of things. Well I guess it doesn't matter ill just throw it and make my own decisions
Too ez. But yeah matrix is how you describe. Now how about some TO flight ratings?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 407 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Too ez. But yeah matrix is how you describe. Now how about some TO flight ratings?
After some field work and course testing I would say It is a great mix between a Buzzz, Roc3, Wasp kinda disc all melted into one. Doesn't mean its the best or that it does something the others don't but its a solid midrange that could be anyone's go-to - It was definitely speed sensitive as all discs are but if finessed or underpowered it had a nice heavy fade with a solid skip. the wing has almost a driver type aerodynamic shape to it --so although its a smaller Diameter and a little on the thin side its wing cuts through the air well, when up to power it locks on a line with a mild turn stays for a hot second, then has a medium fade - slight hyzer release piped it basically flies a straight line on a miniscule S shape with small but noticeable fade. Anhyzer holds and pans out, the later fade helps flatten those annys and carry them. A Hyzer will hold nicely then have a sharper fade out. I would rate it 5/5/-1/2 - though with the Gyro-ness of it almost seems like its faster like 6/5/-1/2 (I can argue the glide being a 4 though, so hard to really tell on most discs as Speed and Glide really can be confused by a thrower)

so why not 5.5/4.5/-1/2.10483661795 hows that Aim?

Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 22 Times in 18 Posts

My mid setup is : neutron 175g Deflector, neutron 175g Matrix and proton 178g Alias, Matrix is my go-to disc from those .

I wouldnt call it flippy either, my technique is pretty crappy and I OAT alot but its definitely not easy to turn the Matrix accidentally over

Old 11-20-2018, 02:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Niced 383 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Envy -- this was Axiom's foray into thinner style putters. It was first released in Soft Neutron plastic. It is a stable to OS disc that holds many different angles. Along with the Ion it really is the gem among MVPs putters. For me, it feels like similar to a Judge or Pure, albeit with a very micro-bead. It flies similar to the Shield with a touch less glide but with more forward penetration. The Envy shines off the tee or on full powered upshots. It is a fantastic all around disc. It is also a great putting disc. It does take a bit more getting use to to putt with. With less glide than the Ion class, it really takes a bit more of an aggressive putting style. It you are more of a lofty, arcing putter, you might be frustrated with this disc in the circle. Check out videos of Matt Dollar this last year, especially from the MVP Open at Maple Hill, and you can see this disc in action. It also comes in a full gamut of plastics. I really like Soft Electron, the new Eclipse (a tick more OS than other plastics), and Soft Neutron (holds its stability for a long time).
I finally got a chance to get out and fling my Envies at Winthrop's USDGC course. Despite never having thrown them before, the Envy was instantly familiar and performed admirably. Maybe this was because I am used to Aviar3s, maybe it's because Envys are just awesome. The distance potential and predictability helped me park hole 3 (389' downhill) and clear the triple mando on hole 7 (284'). Its a great putter, thanks again for the recommendation! I love it. I'm going to try out a few other molds when my next MVP Axiom stamp is released... which is only a few days away

Old 11-20-2018, 04:28 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 44 Times in 28 Posts

Marmoset, the envy is a great disc, especially off the tee. If you haven't tried the Resistor yet and you like overstable fairway drivers then I would recommend one of those also. Its equally as game changing as the envy was for me. Out of the box they are more beefy than i like but after they start to break in and really hold straight lines with reliable fade they can be a staple in the bag. Its a fairway driver you can rip on without worry about it turning over.. similar low glide flight as the Envy so its easy to predict.

Now that i think of it all my favorite MVP discs are overstable molds in neutron. Probably because they last a long time after breaking in.

Last edited by in4d; 11-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,060 Times in 664 Posts

uphill shot about 250 with a head wind

rhfh plaz volt on hyzer and popped up to flat then faded towards the basket

CLINKKKKKK

the frozen ass chainz caught my little frisbee made a sweet brief clink and clank and clunk and settled nicely in the basket for another ace

thanks plaz volt i love you

Niced: (2)
Old 11-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 174 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
I finally got a chance to get out and fling my Envies at Winthrop's USDGC course. Despite never having thrown them before, the Envy was instantly familiar and performed admirably. Maybe this was because I am used to Aviar3s, maybe it's because Envys are just awesome. The distance potential and predictability helped me park hole 3 (389' downhill) and clear the triple mando on hole 7 (284'). Its a great putter, thanks again for the recommendation! I love it. I'm going to try out a few other molds when my next MVP Axiom stamp is released... which is only a few days away
Wait, what? Which new stamp is yours?

Old 11-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Niced 383 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Wait, what? Which new stamp is yours?
It got pushed back a few days. MVP tried their best to have them all stamped in time for Black Friday but this is an insanely busy time for them. Infinite is slammed, too. Not sure if you saw the quantity of special releases they have for this massive Black Friday sale.

Anywho, Infinite is telling me they will release maybe a week from now? Maybe a little later? Not totally sure. Apparently they liked it enough to put it on a tee shirt. I mean, I liked the stamp... but it always surprises me when other people do too! LOL

Old 11-21-2018, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 2,414 Times in 1,319 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen...

Old 11-22-2018, 12:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 174 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
It got pushed back a few days. MVP tried their best to have them all stamped in time for Black Friday but this is an insanely busy time for them. Infinite is slammed, too. Not sure if you saw the quantity of special releases they have for this massive Black Friday sale.

Anywho, Infinite is telling me they will release maybe a week from now? Maybe a little later? Not totally sure. Apparently they liked it enough to put it on a tee shirt. I mean, I liked the stamp... but it always surprises me when other people do too! LOL
I don't know how you're surprised. Your Tenacity stamp is one of my favorites. Your series for Element discs was gorgeous too.

And yeah, I know about Infinite. Waiting up right now to try to snag a Midgard serpent stamp at midnight. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to catch your release too.

Niced: (2)