Old 10-18-2017, 11:43 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 634 Times in 545 Posts

An 11X KC Pro Aviar white with the rainbow stamp max weight 175 grams though feels heavier then that. No ink well except making the weight more readable on the back as it was almost gone. Found it on a course on vaction with first name on it in royal blue pen so it came right off with rubbing alcohol. The 11X KC Pro Aviar is a just broken in putter, mom has it in her bag as she uses Classic Aviars. What is the price, seems for some reason the rainbow ones are the most sought after of these putters.

Mom also has a Touchline Wham-O Putter the old one that is like a Classic Aviar with the Wham_o Ed Hendrick flight Rings, a disc that has some nicks from when my brother got new at a tournament in the three pack with the driver and midrange both gone. the Wham-O Putter disc is easily nicked that plastic is very soft for a hard baseline plastic. I see Wham-O Touchline putters are going for $20-$25 depending on the condtion and weight, this one is 173 grams or 174 grams hard to read the original writing on the back even when it was new, No other writing on it. Is $20-25 the average for the disc?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
[/B]

Not perfectly, no. Ink seeps into the plastic over time. Acetone will usually get most of the ink off, but you'll still see it faintly. Stupid stupid stupid to write all over discs like that.
I see, never noticed. So if you are in the market for a specific disc, the ink turns you off, just because it doesn't look as clean? Is it that you'd just rather pay $5-$10 more for a better looking one, seeing as $5-10 is meaningless? Or is it possibly that you hope the disc gains even more value?

I've never written a name on a disc before, but feel I should with each passing disc I leave behind...
Old 10-19-2017, 01:07 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Also, hard to check if it was mentioned before, but reading the markings on discs is MUCH easier with an Ultraviolet Light. The purple ones that glow a disc immediately.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher View Post
I see, never noticed. So if you are in the market for a specific disc, the ink turns you off, just because it doesn't look as clean? Is it that you'd just rather pay $5-$10 more for a better looking one, seeing as $5-10 is meaningless? Or is it possibly that you hope the disc gains even more value?

I've never written a name on a disc before, but feel I should with each passing disc I leave behind...
For me it's just an OCD thing. The only ink that I ever put on my discs is my initials very small on the inside of the rim. And I only do that for the PDGA rule to keep them legal should I be playing a PDGA event.

But yeah, mostly just hate the way ink looks.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2017, 07:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 634 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
For me it's just an OCD thing. The only ink that I ever put on my discs is my initials very small on the inside of the rim. And I only do that for the PDGA rule to keep them legal should I be playing a PDGA event.

But yeah, mostly just hate the way ink looks.
I have used discs with little bit of faded ink on them no problem, however I had a disc with big black ink-outs on the bottom and that was annoying , a Hard Pro D Magnet of mine used like relatively little got in 2006 a last of the old Hard Pro D Magnet that was stiff as well in a bad color that helped me loose the disc. Still have my other old stiff Pro D Magnet in blue with red on it 173-174 grams. Faded almost off ink is not a problem for me on a used disc.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher View Post

I don't buy discs for collector purposes. I don't ink any discs I throw either. I think some people get way too extreme with the sharpie and it ruins the disc. For those who ARE into collecting discs I guarantee you aren't looking for something with someone's name and phone number written in huge letters all over the disc.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet that on older, highly collectible discs, having noticeable ink on them could cut the resale price by 50%.

The discs in the pictures I was referring to had a LOT of ink on them. Very noticeable.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:33 PM

Courses Played: 45
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Sooo, what's this disc worth? It is a Destroyer, from Innova, White, or maybe some other color. Its got an Innfuse print destroyer logo. It looked sick in the instagram story! It was for the players pack of the USDGC. Anyone have the disc or a picture of it? What's it worth?
Old 10-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Another what are these discs worth. Yard sale find

All are pfn with no ink the leopard is pro the shark says pls in the center and aviar only has the weight marked. Anyone know what these might be worth. All are in decent shape. All have patent numbers and say San Marino
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (152.7 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Rll131; 10-20-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 83
Niced 319 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rll131 View Post
All are pfn with no ink the leopard is pro the shark says pls in the center and aviar only has the weight marked. Anyone know what these might be worth. All are in decent shape. All have patent numbers and say San Marino
About $20-$25 each for the right buyer if weight over 170. Less if lighter.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rll131 View Post
Pro Line Leopard is worth more than $50 depending on the exact condition and who's buying. Also it's probably not SanMarino but that's irrelevant.

Aviar is probably a small bead and also possibly worth more than $25 depending on exact condition.