Old 10-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Par Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Help with the newer Innova discs

Just got back into playing again and haven't really tried any new discs for about 3 or 4 years. When I quit buying, the Wraith had just upstaged the Orc for distance and the Coyote was supposed to fly like a beaten in Champ Roc straight off the shelf. I recently checked out Innova's page again and wow, there is a slew of faster drivers and all sorts of newer mids!! Gimme some advice on these. I have been throwing Valks and Rocs since I began nearly a decade ago. Is there something better that I must try??
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 325
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 204 Times in 100 Posts

nope, it's the archer not the arrow!

that said, i hear a lot of people saying they really like the dart as a putter/upshot disc.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Valk and Roc remain two of the best discs that Innova makes, as well as the Wraith, Teebird, Firebird, and Eagle. There have been some new high speed discs that you may or may not have the arm for, but I think that the oldies are still goodies with Innova. Hmmmmm....was the Destroyer out when you last played? Very fast and pretty overstable in the premium plastics, I'd say that most pro-level Innova players carry at least one or more in their bag. I just threw a Yellow EcoStar dart the other day and was really impressed at how much power it could take. It was probably my furthest putter drive to date. Btw: EcoStar is a recycled blend of plastic that tends to come out domey, more over-stable, and with excellent glide.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Par Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

True dat with the Archer analogy. Climo would kill me with a putter. I like what David Mac of Gateway said along the lines of the archer with the better arrow would throw farther, assuming both archers were close to equal.

I remember the Destroyer coming soon, but never threw one or a Dart. The Wraith and Orc were hard for me due to the wide rim. I bought the first run Sidewinder and Roadrunner, and they flew identical to my Champ and JK Valks.

Last edited by Greevus; 10-06-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

Welcome back.
You couldn't of picked better timing. What has happened since you left is the rim width has reached it's legal maximum (speaking of Dave, he recently created the ninja, a illegal diver with the widest rim in production) so many new players have developed limited form from having a lack of timing so instead muscling the drivers.
The oldies are still the goodies though there has been some new companies making serious waves. While both innova and discraft have had their "sister" companies millenium and dga, innova now also produces discamania, an european branch that utilizes mixing popular molds such as teebirds and starfires.
A few companies pressing their own discs now are vibram, latitude 64, and MVP. There are more such as daredevil, abc, and such but their waves aren't as big yet. Latitude 64, a Swedish company, is producing a full line of discs and plastics known for their beautiful plastic. Vibram, a rubber company widly known as the longest lasting soles fir shoes such as merrel, keen, north face, kush, and others, has putters simillar to the aviar/wizard with a recent addition of a fairway driver. Available in different firmness/softness, all their products are rubber and boast extreme durability. MVP, another Michigan born company, is becoming very popular for their ion putter. Simillar to gateways vodoo, the ion is a straight flyer that uses two different plastics with the outer edge being baseline and the rest being candy.

So have fun and try all the newness but with your old discs you're probally not missing out too much.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 35
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

If you have good vibes with a roc and valk...keep it up my friend. If there's something you need there are a lot of great innova discs...and one hell of a lot of newer companies making a name for themselves too.

If you've got a specific shot you need to fill, just ask and we'll give some advice. If you're looking for a disc that flies like a beat roc our of the box I'd suggest either a elite X BuZzz or esp Meteor by discraft. I think that's really want Discraft's mid line up does...they make Rocs in different stages of wear...but they're all brand new and don't wear as much

\/\/
Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 43
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

this thread may help you as well

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=22193
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 42 Times in 24 Posts

Things to try: Destroyer, Teerex, Monarch, Boss, XCal.

Things to avoid: GROOVE
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 43
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

most would agree to add the monarch to the 'avoid' list. just fyi

Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 52 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
Things to try: Destroyer, Teerex, Monarch, Boss, XCal.

Things to avoid: GROOVE
Add to the try cathegory : the mako if you want to stay with innova, or the buzzz if you want to try the best midrange that is on the market.

And definitly try the destroyer. It is fast, but not as fast as the max rim width discs. Still very fast though. Definitly my furthest driver.