Old 11-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 133 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas30066 View Post
The Defy conversation is interesting. Had a Photon that I couldn’t bond with and it made an appearance at the trade in counter today.
I haven't decided what to keep of my mystery box but the Photon and I have never really bonded either. I am wondering about putting the defy in its place.

I bagged the pyro but between my A2, Eclipse Envy, Eclipse Reactor I feel like the Pyro doesn't get thrown much anymore...I have a ton of discs I need to trade in, so maybe I will get another box or just swap for a heavier defy and lighter wave if I can find it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2021, 02:47 PM
Par Member

Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts

And the new Reactor was timely as my standard one has gone on a voyage of self-discovery at Suwanee Creek. Decent tee shot into the thickest leaf carpet ever. Circle of life and all that.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 264 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
I haven't decided what to keep of my mystery box but the Photon and I have never really bonded either. I am wondering about putting the defy in its place.

I bagged the pyro but between my A2, Eclipse Envy, Eclipse Reactor I feel like the Pyro doesn't get thrown much anymore...I have a ton of discs I need to trade in, so maybe I will get another box or just swap for a heavier defy and lighter wave if I can find it.
I might have to chuck a Reactor to see, but the MVP number of 1.5 makes me think it couldn't do the same things I expect of my Pyro. I tend toward the Pyro when I want a (for lack of a better term) high-energy shot that will give me both great distance and strong fade through the flight.

As an example: a couple of days ago on hole 10 at WonderVu (a ~400' straight narrow tunnel with bogey calling even a foot inside the rough) I found myself in the rough. My Hex forehand roller attempt on 2d throw hit first available and I was still about 8' inside the rough and about 250-300' from the pin. I leaned way out to my right toward the fairway tunnel and chucked a Pyro on a major flex FH line with some hot sauce on it. I had to flex it because the only 'out' angle and my body position required it.

Best shot of the day! It flexed out toward the far side of the tunnel and then rode the tunnel while uncurling to land 3' from the guarded pin on the plateau.

I have a lot of trust with that disc on how it will handle those hard FH flex throws.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:21 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
major flex FH line
yep you lost me there. That may be why I don't miss it as much from my bag but I don't FH much if at all. I can power down an eagle if I need something that is always biting throughout the flight. Right now I am working on identifying my midranges and I have the pyro, reactor, hex, uplink, and paradox. I can't, on good principle, carry five molds for mids. At least I dont think I can...

Niced: (1)
Old 11-29-2021, 05:43 PM
Par Member

Niced 182 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
I have to chuck a Reactor to see, but the MVP number of 1.5 makes me think it couldn't do the same things I expect of my Pyro. I tend toward the Pyro when I want a (for lack of a better term) high-energy shot that will give me both great distance and strong fade through the flight.

I have a lot of trust with that disc on how it will handle those hard FH flex throws.
I have started using a Glow Reactor a LOT for any upshot, FH or BH. It just seems to come out so clean. I now carry Theory - Hex - Reactor - Pyro and they all have their uses. I love that they all feel very similar in the hand, too.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:47 PM
Par Member

Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
I might have to chuck a Reactor to see, but the MVP number of 1.5 makes me think it couldn't do the same things I expect of my Pyro. I tend toward the Pyro when I want a (for lack of a better term) high-energy shot that will give me both great distance and strong fade through the flight.
Agreed. The Reactor's probably two full deviations from the Pyro. It'll offer up a long, gentle S or dead straight for the first 90% and then fade where the Pyro's going to be much more pronounced in both its lateral movement and the input you have to give to generate the result.

I probably need to commit to the Pyro for a month or so to get familiar. I'll typically opt for either an Entropy or Hex approach on the shorter side and then Hex or Reactor on the longer side of what I believe the Pyro can do.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-29-2021, 09:24 PM
Par Member

Gyropalooza haul: N Relativity, N Defy, Glow Inertia, Plasma Volt, Uplink, Proxy, Nomad

Never thrown a Relativity but think I saw Sarah Hokom bagging one now. Curious.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:29 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberau View Post
Gyropalooza haul: N Relativity, N Defy, Glow Inertia, Plasma Volt, Uplink, Proxy, Nomad

Never thrown a Relativity but think I saw Sarah Hokom bagging one now. Curious.
Plasma volt…ughh nice man, I got a neutron volt in mine but was hoping for a plasma. I may go see if I can snag a second box as I have a lot of discs to sell to cover the cost

Old 11-29-2021, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
Plasma volt…ughh nice man, I got a neutron volt in mine but was hoping for a plasma. I may go see if I can snag a second box as I have a lot of discs to sell to cover the cost
Haha addicted!

Did you try your uplink yet?

I got a 174 cosmic n volt, and I just sent away a 167 c n cuz it was too beefy. I got a glow insanity and some other stuff. Luckily I love the uplink..

Old 11-29-2021, 09:56 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Haha addicted!

Did you try your uplink yet?

I got a 174 cosmic n volt, and I just sent away a 167 c n cuz it was too beefy. I got a glow insanity and some other stuff. Luckily I love the uplink..
I haven't tried the Uplink ... literally just opened it over lunch here in Australia. I bag a Theory and am bemused by the Paradox, so looking forwards to wafting this down the fairway.