Old 01-30-2021, 11:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 136 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Or the Volt.. You won't find a low 160g in proton (or neutron), you must go fission for a Volt under 170g.
Well crap. That's why I didn't like the Shock. I see no reason to throw +170s anymore -I'm too old for that ----. Not a fan of Fission or Plasma.

I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a low 160s Servo. I don't feel like they are particularly wind stable though.

MVP needs to stop releasing ugly cosmic re-runs and release the new molds they keep talking up and never selling.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2021, 11:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 View Post
Well crap. That's why I didn't like the Shock. I see no reason to throw +170s anymore -I'm too old for that ----. Not a fan of Fission or Plasma.

I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a low 160s Servo. I don't feel like they are particularly wind stable though.

MVP needs to stop releasing ugly cosmic re-runs and release the new molds they keep talking up and never selling.
Too lazy to read back and see what you got

Have you tried a light Tesla? Those are cool across the weights, you can fill a bag with three of em and be pretty covered. (Except understable needs).

That crave you just got should be what you're looking for, it's like a second rate volt for us weakasses. It fights the wind well
Old 01-31-2021, 03:26 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 29 Times in 21 Posts

Newest run of sparkle proton Craves have a hint of a domey shoulder on them, much different than my prior board flat (almost puddle) Pr Crave. Didn’t like that one, that profile is already perfect for my Resistors thank you very much. These new Craves look and feel fantastic, haven’t thrown it yet due to winter and snow but hoping it provides just a little more bite than my Neutron Craves to make FD2 unnecessary.

Volts are nice, although rim feel for finger tips feels unlike the rest of MVP lineup for me, feels like the oddball mold - even without considering with my central “X” of Tesla - Insanity / Crave / Resistor - Relay. Lots of plastics and weights among them to mix n match.

Speaking of Tesla’s, OTB had some slight dome ones that just bomb, it’s basically a Gyro PD/Anax. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for more.

My dream of dreams is that Conrad will notice a Particle at the factory and fall in love with it, thus asking MVP to figure out how to bring it back from OOP. I’ve even considered sending him one of mine, seeing how it feels more similar to the Reactor than any other gyro putter out there. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Niced: (2)
Old 01-31-2021, 03:45 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 163 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheviot View Post
Newest run of sparkle proton Craves have a hint of a domey shoulder on them, much different than my prior board flat (almost puddle) Pr Crave. Didn’t like that one, that profile is already perfect for my Resistors thank you very much. These new Craves look and feel fantastic, haven’t thrown it yet due to winter and snow but hoping it provides just a little more bite than my Neutron Craves to make FD2 unnecessary.

Volts are nice, although rim feel for finger tips feels unlike the rest of MVP lineup for me, feels like the oddball mold - even without considering with my central “X” of Tesla - Insanity / Crave / Resistor - Relay. Lots of plastics and weights among them to mix n match.

Speaking of Tesla’s, OTB had some slight dome ones that just bomb, it’s basically a Gyro PD/Anax. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for more.

My dream of dreams is that Conrad will notice a Particle at the factory and fall in love with it, thus asking MVP to figure out how to bring it back from OOP. I’ve even considered sending him one of mine, seeing how it feels more similar to the Reactor than any other gyro putter out there. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just picked up a Soft Neutron Particle, haven't thrown it yet, but I'm itching to go back to the soft and grab the other one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2021, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 2,940 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknjerk View Post
I just picked up a Soft Neutron Particle, haven't thrown it yet, but I'm itching to go back to the soft and grab the other one.

That's one of my favorite approach discs. They are oop, so if you like it I'd definitely go back and buy the other. I don't have any backups, but I think I'm gonna switch to envies if I ever lose mine.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-01-2021, 01:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 101
Niced 136 Times in 111 Posts

I really like to throw a 7 speed off the pad - but I've struggled to find that consistent point-and-shoot. I've thrown the Resistor, Servo, and Crave - to date.

Servo's the most teebird like - but it still has a lot of turn and it doesn't fade nearly enough. At full power, it'll turn over - and don't throw it in the wind - it just sails the wrong way. I expect a good teebird to be 0 turn, 2 fade. I think the Servo is more TL - than teebird sitting in the -1 + 2 category and it becomes -3 +0 in the wind.

The Resistors i've tried have all been in the 3-4 fade category with zero turn. Too much meat for teebird shots. I had to flex them hard for any distance.

I've been through a ton of Neutron and Eclipse Craves. I've got a board flat 152 that's my go to flipper - I throw them as far as a Wave - but it turns out +30' to 50' off-target. For me, with my torqued release - it's more Leopard than Teebird. The Eclipse ones I've had were all very similar - maybe a touch flippier still. I had another high 150s Neutron I couldn't keep on the fairway at all.

This new Crave is from the most recent sparkle run. Lot of dome and shoulder. I don't usually like that - I prefer a board flat driver. So we'll see how it goes.

What I really need is MVP to hurry up and release the NEW Clash.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:53 AM
Birdie Member

That would be awesome. Call it Photon Jr

Old 02-01-2021, 08:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 2,940 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 View Post
What I really need is MVP to hurry up and release the NEW Clash.
I only threw one clash, but I bagged it a long time. Maybe I have a weird crave. I have a 172 fairly flat plasma. My clash had more turn but more fade then my crave. My crave shows very insignificant turn to a small fade. I'd say -.5/1.5. my clash was -1/2

Last edited by jakebake91; 02-01-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts

According to Axiom... a power thrower will get more turn from a clash than a crave but a heavier fade and less glide.

JP is definitely needing a neutron volt in a light weight!
Too bad you don't like fission it sounds like the right disc. My Craves are pretty straight as well but those eclipses have more turn than a neutron.

As far as domed tesla's go.. I think that's going to be the norm with that mold now. All my new cosmic neutron se have a slight dome and fly fairly well, no extra "cosmic" beef from what I can tell. I got some plasma that are flat and not glidey at all. Might as well be firebird /fireball.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:38 AM
Birdie Member

Grabbed a Soft Neutron Particle from my local shop, love how it feels. Now I need to go back and grab the last 1. Them I grabbed 2 Soft Neutron Envys form online. Please don't put a Soft Proxy in my line of sight, I might have grab them too.

Niced: (1)