Old 12-02-2021, 09:10 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

My 2 or 3 month beaten in pyro shares a lot of overlap with my fresh glow reactor. My 1 year old beaten in proto reactor shares a lot of overlap with a fresh hex, the beaten in reactor may even be slightly more understable.

My guess is that the pyro beats in a little bit in the beginning then holds that stability for a while. I am a little disappointed because the stability of a fresh proton pyro is perfect for me. Im going to try using my new deflector to see if it beats in slightly to fly like a fresh pyro.

I don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but the pyro feels like it has slightly more glide than the reactor. The pyro always seems to go slightly farther than I expect. I can put a lot of power into it and it flies really straight, then has that nice fade at the end. The reactor feels like it is slightly faster than the pyro but has a little less glide. For me the slightly beat in pyro flies like a 5|5|0|2.5 and the glow reactor flies like a 5.5|4|0|2
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2021, 10:27 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 139 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgilletted4 View Post
I don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but the pyro feels like it has slightly more glide than the reactor. The pyro always seems to go slightly farther than I expect. I can put a lot of power into it and it flies really straight, then has that nice fade at the end. The reactor feels like it is slightly faster than the pyro but has a little less glide. For me the slightly beat in pyro flies like a 5|5|0|2.5 and the glow reactor flies like a 5.5|4|0|2
Ooh I am so glad you brought that up. I already feel insane for saying my pyro and reactor feel very similar. For what it's worth my prism pyro is relatively new but not brand new. But yeah the pyro is sneaky glidey, i don't agree at all with the 4 glide compared to other 5 glide discs. I could honestly interchange them at the moment but i really like the softer grip of the reactor in the colder months.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,134 Times in 534 Posts

I throw the eclipse reactor, prism pyro, and proton deflector…and usually flip flop between pyro and deflector given the course since I’ve got limited space in my c series grip.

Eclipse reactor I still think of as a straight mid. Yes it fades a bit harder than a neutron reactor, but will still show that little bit of high speed turn on a hard rip or into some headwind.

Pyro I’d say is actually an overstable mid…and I was surprised at how far it’ll travel before it fades. Deflector is just pure beef.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,301 Times in 726 Posts

I was part of a "used disc swap" run by TrashPanda and got a MVP Servo. I don't throw MVP....well, I didn't. The Servo is awesome and will most likely complement my Innova Teebird. I like the flat top as it makes it great for my forehand (the Teebird is good for my backhand....but hasn't been so good forehand).

Niced: (1)
Old 12-02-2021, 05:43 PM
Par Member

Niced 178 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
Ooh I am so glad you brought that up. I already feel insane for saying my pyro and reactor feel very similar. For what it's worth my prism pyro is relatively new but not brand new. But yeah the pyro is sneaky glidey, i don't agree at all with the 4 glide compared to other 5 glide discs. I could honestly interchange them at the moment but i really like the softer grip of the reactor in the colder months.
FWIW, I should've clarified that I'm coming from the Neutron Reactor camp and not the Eclipse. I understand those are a little more stable and closer to the Pyro in their behavior. But I do love the way a lot of folks can find the Goldilocks disc between MVP's three lines: there's enough variety in stability between the discs and plastics that - provided it fits your hand well, which is where I got hooked - you're almost bound to find something that'll work.

I'm in the same boat with my Proton Insanity being super-flippy while everyone's gushing over the beefy Halloween Eclipses.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:53 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 183 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
I have an A2 and that thing is pure unadulterated beef and the pyro, at least for me, is not even close to that. I believe the flight ratings are true on mine, 5 4 0 2 but the reactor for me is probably 5 5 0 1.5. Again, it's an eclipse reactor so perhaps it holds a bit more HSS than a neutron, but the pyro I have is no where near A2 levels of over stability. Heck, I dropped the entropy because I was looking for something more OS which is how I found the A2.
You sound just like me, even down to trying the Entropy

My A2 is fantastic. Nice gummy 400g plastic and just feels great It is beef, I agree.

I estimate my fades are 2.5 for the Pyro and 1.5 for the Reactor. I think I'll leave the Pyro aside for a while and see if I miss it. I don't need an A2/Reactor/Pyro/Resistor all in my bag at the same time.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:01 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 139 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberau View Post
I think I'll leave the Pyro aside for a while and see if I miss it.
Thus far I have not missed it in the sense that my A2, reactor, and Eagle can cover most everything it did. I do miss it for sentimental reasons.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:29 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 182 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
So the pyro is advertised as 5 4 0 2 and the reactor is 5 5 -0.5 1.5.

Personally with my eclipse reactor I don’t see the -0.5 in turn unless I really go ham on that disc. I did some field work yesterday and threw the pyro and reactor back to back several times and they almost always had the same flights. I’d like to try a neutron reactor to see if I could get that -0.5 turn but for me I chose to drop the pyro…the reactor/hex/uplink/paradox were all designed together

I have a Neutron Reactor and the Eclipse 2.0.. the Neutron absolutely has that turn in it.. and fades less than the glow. Love mine.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 182 Times in 94 Posts

So... since they put out the special blue glow Inertia.... might we get some regular Neutron Inertia in 2022? I need a couple... for reals...

Old 12-02-2021, 07:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,395 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbford View Post
So... since they put out the special blue glow Inertia.... might we get some regular Neutron Inertia in 2022? I need a couple... for reals...
Amen to that, the 155 fr inertia was a bag anchor for me for years until they invented the Relay. Damn good disc!

Oooh I'm excited to get home tonight it sounds like my original gyro palooza box finally showed up ! Going to be opening something good in about 20 minutes I'll be back haha