#3971  
Old 12-02-2021, 07:38 PM
Jgilletted4 Jgilletted4 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 39
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I would love a mid right inbetween a deflector and pyro. I just threw my two deflectors in the field today. Hopefully what I want is a beat deflector.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #3972  
Old 12-02-2021, 07:56 PM
Erknjerk Erknjerk is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 275
Niced 163 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Same experience here. I know the Defy was supposed to fly like a beat-in Photon, but that wasn't my experience at all. For me, a Photon and Defy fly about the same distance before the fade kicks in, and then the Defy fades violently left while the Photon penetrates forward in the fade a little better. Very similar discs, although he difference in fade does give me a few extra feet with a Photon.
They changed the description on the site to say it's more OS than the Photon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3973  
Old 12-02-2021, 08:24 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,260
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default

Goddamn, got my second gyro box, it's almost identical to the first one!! Got a teleport instead of a tantrum, glow insanity, reactor, volt, nomad 167...

Bugga!

Did get a glow mini instead of a macro tesla though..

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3974  
Old 12-02-2021, 08:24 PM
BruisedOoze BruisedOoze is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 101
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
I was part of a "used disc swap" run by TrashPanda and got a MVP Servo. I don't throw MVP....well, I didn't. The Servo is awesome and will most likely complement my Innova Teebird. I like the flat top as it makes it great for my forehand (the Teebird is good for my backhand....but hasn't been so good forehand).
What kind of plastic is yours in? The Teebird comparison has me curious.

I have a neutron servo that I picked up last summer, and saw a lot of use until late this summer. I had picked up a Crave at the same time (aso neutron) and my servo always seemed more understable even though it still had the stronger fade. I especially liked it for low height distance and for driving at downward angles down a slope. Has always felt great in the hand, and replaced my Inspire, although the inspire is a bit more overstable I find maybe due to Proton plastic?

I haven't been using it much lately due to the somewhat windy rounds. It likes to turn in the headwind and it's not overstable enough to put up much a fight. It is on the lighter side so I should likely just look into a heavier one.

My mystery box came in. The 5 randos are:
  • Cosmic Neutron Volt
  • Eclipse Insanity
  • Neutron Runway - Wasn't expecting Streamline in something with "Gyro"palooza in the name... I wasn't too happy with a Justice I bought so maybe I'll take to this instead?
  • Neutron Relativity - Oh boy...
  • Electron Soft Anode

Will toss them in the small bag this weekend and play a couple rounds with them.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #3975  
Old 12-02-2021, 10:16 PM
jakebake91's Avatar
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Colfax, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,931
Niced 2,940 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruisedOoze View Post
[*]Neutron Runway - Wasn't expecting Streamline in something with "Gyro"palooza in the name... I wasn't too happy with a Justice I bought so maybe I'll take to this instead?
Will toss them in the small bag this weekend and play a couple rounds with them.
I absolutely love my Runway. It's definitely a beefcake. Gets decent distance though. I find it really nice feeling both FH and BH. It was exactly the OS bookend to my matrix and axis (axis now replaced by Hex) that I was looking for.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3976  
Old 12-03-2021, 06:10 AM
uncle pennybags uncle pennybags is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Years Playing: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 759
Niced 425 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Goddamn, got my second gyro box, it's almost identical to the first one!! Got a teleport instead of a tantrum, glow insanity, reactor, volt, nomad 167...

Bugga!

Did get a glow mini instead of a macro tesla though..
No mini in mine.
Reply With Quote
  #3977  
Old 12-03-2021, 08:29 AM
Jgilletted4 Jgilletted4 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 39
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

My gyro box's 5 extra discs were a plasma volt, electron nomad, neutron reactor, ecliplse insanity, and neutron octane but feels like a softer neutron then my stock neutron octane. I traded my uplink for an eclipse envy. I was decently happy with my box.
Reply With Quote
  #3978  
Old 12-03-2021, 08:43 AM
strunk flugget strunk flugget is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: NC
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 178
Niced 133 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
No mini in mine.
My first had no mini, my second had a glow mini. If you can go into a store and physically touch the boxes this is how you can find out which boxes have a mini

Pick up the box and press from both ends of the box (not against the flight plates, but against the rims of the disc). Press hard enough that the discs are secure and then shake the box a bit. If everything is quiet and still there is no mini, but if you hear a bit of a rattle there is a mini in the box.

Reply With Quote
  #3979  
Old 12-03-2021, 08:46 AM
strunk flugget strunk flugget is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: NC
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 178
Niced 133 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgilletted4 View Post
My gyro box's 5 extra discs were a plasma volt, electron nomad, neutron reactor, ecliplse insanity, and neutron octane but feels like a softer neutron then my stock neutron octane. I traded my uplink for an eclipse envy. I was decently happy with my box.
This was almost exactly the box I was wanting. I was hoping for the plasma volt, neutron reactor, and either the eclipse insanity or eclipse volt that i have seen so many people get.

I got two boxes and my ten randos were:

N Excite, N Octane, N Volt, Signal (not sure if it was neutron or proton but seemed like a mix), Fission Defy (x2), CN Reactor, Electron Nomad (x2), P Atom.
Reply With Quote
 

  #3980  
Old 12-03-2021, 09:54 AM
BillFleming BillFleming is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,800
Niced 1,290 Times in 720 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruisedOoze View Post
What kind of plastic is yours in? The Teebird comparison has me curious.

I have a neutron servo that I picked up last summer, and saw a lot of use until late this summer. I had picked up a Crave at the same time (aso neutron) and my servo always seemed more understable even though it still had the stronger fade. I especially liked it for low height distance and for driving at downward angles down a slope. Has always felt great in the hand, and replaced my Inspire, although the inspire is a bit more overstable I find maybe due to Proton plastic?

I haven't been using it much lately due to the somewhat windy rounds. It likes to turn in the headwind and it's not overstable enough to put up much a fight. It is on the lighter side so I should likely just look into a heavier one.

My mystery box came in. The 5 randos are:
  • Cosmic Neutron Volt
  • Eclipse Insanity
  • Neutron Runway - Wasn't expecting Streamline in something with "Gyro"palooza in the name... I wasn't too happy with a Justice I bought so maybe I'll take to this instead?
  • Neutron Relativity - Oh boy...
  • Electron Soft Anode

Will toss them in the small bag this weekend and play a couple rounds with them.
My Servo is Plasma plastic and my Teebirds are DX. Since both are broken in, I find the flights similar (at least with my noodle arm and throwing ability). But the Teebird works better for me with a backhand and the Servo for a forehand.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.