Old 01-19-2022, 10:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,355 Times in 776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruisedOoze View Post
Basically trying to round out a small bag for winter and want to get some grippy mids and fairways in there. Would love to have a grippy Servo or Inspire. Could just continue my method of warming the lock point with hand warmers haha.
I can't grip wet discs at all. I know everyone struggles with it to varying degrees, but seriously I lose all distance and accuracy. My snowy round method is as follows:

1. Keep discs in garage overnight, so that they are cold and thus ice is less likely to stick to them during your round.
2. Only plan on throwing each premium plastic disc about twice. Anything more than that is a bonus.
3. Pack extra baseline plastic discs in a neutral stability. Once I run out of dry premium discs, I will exclusively throw baseline discs.
4. Don't keep score.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2022, 10:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,293 Times in 722 Posts

I'm in Arizona, but we still have cold weather and rain (sometimes). I use a Friction Glove when I need to be able to grip better - has the added benefit of keeping my throwing hand warm.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-19-2022, 11:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts

Fwiw my buddy bought some disc golf gloves, $30. I buy cheap thin rubber gloves for us by the case for work. Vgo I think. $2/3 a pair. Anyhow they work really well, he even said so haha.

I used to have more trouble with slip outs, I rarely remember a towel so I wipe my discs on my hoodie, I'm a slob. Biggest thing for me is making sure I have a tight grip and I don't try putting too much "English" on my shot when it's wet. Kinda like playing in the wind, the straightest shot is the most likely to succeed.

I use a modified birdie grip, basically a power grip with the middle finger out but still all fingers are stacked tight, none of that fan grip crap. My thumb is ahead of my middle finger and it presses in between, not on top of, it's like where your fingers are after you snap them. At least for mids and putters. The fan grip is more dependent on friction to work. I play plasmas and neutron all winter. + one electron envy.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 01-19-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:04 PM
Par Member

Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts

Just ordered a Resistor (and another L2 CN Reactor; it’s a sickness). Have been working on a forehand approach with the Deflector, and I’m hoping this will be the next stretching step on that side. The Clash is also a FH candidate, but I haven’t quite found the consistency yet.

Separately, there are some gorgeous swirly Hokom Craves on the secondary market but I’ll hold out for another production run. I think I’m 161 and 172/3 right now and wouldn’t mind another shade in the 168/9 range. That disc reminds me a lot of the S Line FD, which is exceedingly high praise ‘round here.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:24 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 134 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas30066 View Post
Separately, there are some gorgeous swirly Hokom Craves on the secondary market but I’ll hold out for another production run. I think I’m 161 and 172/3 right now and wouldn’t mind another shade in the 168/9 range. That disc reminds me a lot of the S Line FD, which is exceedingly high praise ‘round here.
I had a crave from maybe...3-4 years ago? i can't quite remember but I didn't get the hype. I ended up selling it because it just didn't fit my game but the Hokom craves that came in last month just feel different. I bought two and now I can see the hype around them.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 334 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas30066 View Post
Just ordered a Resistor (and another L2 CN Reactor; it’s a sickness). Have been working on a forehand approach with the Deflector, and I’m hoping this will be the next stretching step on that side. The Clash is also a FH candidate, but I haven’t quite found the consistency yet.

From what I hear, this new run of Resistors isn't nearly as stable as the old runs. I hear they're not much more stable than the old Craves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
I had a crave from maybe...3-4 years ago? i can't quite remember but I didn't get the hype. I ended up selling it because it just didn't fit my game but the Hokom craves that came in last month just feel different. I bought two and now I can see the hype around them.
I'm completely on the opposite side of this. I fell in love with Craves when they first came out, 2012/2013? I don't remember for sure. They were flat and wind resistant and straight as an arrow with just a little fade.

I picked up the first run of Hokoms and they are flippier than a Relay. The second run that came out last month is better, but still super finicky in the wind. I don't feel like I can trust it at all. It doesn't fit the slot my beloved PP Craves did. Since the Clash is OOP there really isn't anything MVP makes right now that can handle decent wind without being either a meathook or turning over like the Crave did. To me, the change is so drastic, I honestly consider the Crave OOP as well, and this new run should just be called something else.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 708 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post

MVP is restocking volts, photons, defy and some other goodies.. Like atoms in all plastics, hex, runway, stabilizers.
Any idea when these Atoms will be available?
Old 01-21-2022, 10:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 334 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
Any idea when these Atoms will be available?
I believe they said March.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-21-2022, 12:13 PM
Par Member

Niced 177 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
From what I hear, this new run of Resistors isn't nearly as stable as the old runs. I hear they're not much more stable than the old Craves.

I'm completely on the opposite side of this. I fell in love with Craves when they first came out, 2012/2013? I don't remember for sure. They were flat and wind resistant and straight as an arrow with just a little fade.
Interesting. Hopefully, the Resistor’s true - or at least close - to the numbers. I had a CN Crave that I didn’t quite bond with. Felt like a different wing than the Hokom. The lighter one is pretty twitchy, but the other is dead straight if I’ll let it.

I do have a Neutron Clash and a couple Servos. If the Resistor doesn’t separate itself then I guess the next step at this speed would be the Flare.

The Clash is fantastic for shaping backhands but it seems to fly understable on forehand. I can undoubtedly claim the lion’s share of the responsibility, but I was really hoping it would be an answer in that side.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 163 Times in 100 Posts

My Resistor from early last year is the same beef as the brand new run. Never thrown an early run but, mine are beefy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk