#2391  
Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 PM
ChrisWoj's Avatar
ChrisWoj ChrisWoj is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 142
Posts: 886
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
What Slic said. But besides that. There are a lot of half truths being spouted by people here who know something but not enough to be saying things with authority. I was there the day the very first baskets were put in the ground. I have loved the possibilities of the place ever since. I bought lots there because I believe it is the best disc golf venue in the world - or can be! Things are changing for sure. There is a lot of uncertainty. Getting things straight was never going to be easy. The legal situation relating to control of the courses and also control of the individual building lots like mine is complicated and will take some time and effort to get made right. we are just getting started on the building lot issues.
So MM got sick and people start freaking out. I'm not writing off MM. He has a verbal agreement. I'm okay with giving him the time to get well and follow through - or if his deal cannot go through there's time enough to freak out then.
But like Slic said, we are not giving up.
All I know is that I'm glad I worked there before things started getting insane.. Miss you Tick. That was a great summer.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #2392  
Old 01-25-2019, 09:52 AM
PoorPutter PoorPutter is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 144
Niced 97 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
How many disc golfers have the money to PROPERLY rescue and restore this place?
I mean, I do. And I'm sure 100s of other "disc golfers". There's a crapload of middle-aged professionals that play (and read this board).

But:

Quote:
Frankly, why would they want to
Exactly.

Well-wishes to MM. But as for the Resurrection, I'll remain as skeptical as I am about any DG Dream.....and there have been, and always will be, lots of them.
Reply With Quote
  #2393  
Old 01-25-2019, 11:06 AM
BuzzzFlicker87 BuzzzFlicker87 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: High Bridge WI
Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 147
Niced 127 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
What Slic said. But besides that. There are a lot of half truths being spouted by people here who know something but not enough to be saying things with authority. I was there the day the very first baskets were put in the ground. I have loved the possibilities of the place ever since. I bought lots there because I believe it is the best disc golf venue in the world - or can be! Things are changing for sure. There is a lot of uncertainty. Getting things straight was never going to be easy. The legal situation relating to control of the courses and also control of the individual building lots like mine is complicated and will take some time and effort to get made right. we are just getting started on the building lot issues.
So MM got sick and people start freaking out. I'm not writing off MM. He has a verbal agreement. I'm okay with giving him the time to get well and follow through - or if his deal cannot go through there's time enough to freak out then.
But like Slic said, we are not giving up.
Hey Tick I really do hope you and Slic succeed. I dont know all of what is going on but if this takeover is causing this much trauma to Tom mabe its in his best interest to not proceed. Isnt he still in the hospital? Sure we all want the nice things he was promising but his health has to be the priority. Ive spoke with Roger and Ann a handful of times this year. John is the backup plan, Roger is just upset Mtn Man pissed him off. Im an unpaid volunteer and I dont want to invest my time with John. Two years of that drama is enough. JJ is a con-artist and the people enabling him to continue are equally guilty. Highbridge has and will continue (if managed by John) to tarnish the sport of disc golf here locally and abroad. I want no part in that. Tick and Slic theres no doubt your heart is 100% in this. Watching slic work his ass off after the infra '16 mess inspired me! But if this place is going to be a solid functional business someone needs to have a tangible business plan. That means take your heart out of it and use brain only.

Reply With Quote
  #2394  
Old 01-28-2019, 12:38 PM
BuzzzFlicker87 BuzzzFlicker87 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: High Bridge WI
Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 147
Niced 127 Times in 54 Posts
Default

If the mods change my name to BuzzzKiller87 i understand. Seems fair

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2395  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:29 PM
juju's Avatar
juju juju is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,546
Niced 52 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Heard Mtn Man had a stroke. Hoping for a speedy recovery but seems like he might not be best suited to take on this task.
Reply With Quote
  #2396  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:42 PM
juju's Avatar
juju juju is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,546
Niced 52 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Heard Mtn Man had a stroke. Hoping for a speedy recovery but seems like he might not be best suited to take on this task.
However, as history has shown, it is best not to believe anything you read or hear about this place. So take my post with a grain of salt.

Reply With Quote
  #2397  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:09 PM
joecoin's Avatar
joecoin joecoin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Central Ohio
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,234
Niced 657 Times in 319 Posts
Default

As a disinterested casual observer, my thoughts are as follows.


Why would you want to go through all this drama and BS? Just sell what you have at that place and buy another chunk of land somewhere else that's well suited to disc golf. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work but I'd rather have a lot of work than a lot of mentally challenged people sabotaging my efforts.

I just don't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #2398  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:13 PM
BuzzzFlicker87 BuzzzFlicker87 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: High Bridge WI
Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 147
Niced 127 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
As a disinterested casual observer, my thoughts are as follows.


Why would you want to go through all this drama and BS? Just sell what you have at that place and buy another chunk of land somewhere else that's well suited to disc golf. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work but I'd rather have a lot of work than a lot of mentally challenged people sabotaging my efforts.

I just don't get it.
I would guess you have never played the courses here at Highbridge.

Reply With Quote
  #2399  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:26 PM
joecoin's Avatar
joecoin joecoin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Central Ohio
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,234
Niced 657 Times in 319 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzFlicker87 View Post
I would guess you have never played the courses here at Highbridge.

That is correct, as I posted I'm a disinterested casual observer.

The courses could well be the most wonderful in the entire universe. They sound really swell.

I'm just saying that to me, if I had a stake in the enterprise, it wouldn't be worth it to put up with the soap opera that has been described.

I'd certainly love to play there sometime.
Reply With Quote
 

  #2400  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:30 PM
BuzzzFlicker87 BuzzzFlicker87 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: High Bridge WI
Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 147
Niced 127 Times in 54 Posts
Default

To have fairways carved through the northwoods like this would take years to complete and open. Not to mention the labor, resources, and cash. 6 courses. 3 of them have to be toward the top in yardage length in the world. Its built for pros but has somthing to offer every skill level. 300 acres of disc golf heaven with spectaular views, elevation changes, open holes, tight hallways, ace runs, a legit Par 6. Its special and could be a once a year destination course even with all the free courses out there now.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOD 8/17/2018: Highbridge Hills - Blueberry Hill Hole 8 in Highbridge, WI fritothedog Hole of the Day 20 08-19-2018 08:02 PM
HOD 1/5/2018: Highbridge Hills - Highbridge Gold Hole 2 in Highbridge, WI fritothedog Hole of the Day 27 01-11-2018 01:24 PM
HOD 4/30/16: Hole 6 @ Highbridge Hills - Granite Ridge in Highbridge, WI ilmcgee Hole of the Day 25 05-17-2016 10:44 AM
HIGHBRIDGE HILLS WISCONSIN Close?!?!?! jaygarcia Disc Golf Courses 8 08-20-2014 02:13 PM
HOD 8/6/13: Highbridge Hills - Woodland Greens #8 (Highbridge, WI) Swisher Streets Hole of the Day 49 08-08-2013 12:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.