Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer, the Beast or the Valkyrie?
Beast is better! 25 32.47%
Valkyrie is the one! 52 67.53%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:29 PM
Discgolfer48 Discgolfer48 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Years Playing: 1.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 54
Niced 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I picked up a champ Beast and no doubt the plh is higher then a DX Beast. Anyway, I was having some fun throwing the Dx at different angles. I got this one hole that goes way to the right. I throw the Dx flat and high and it goes way to the right. I guess I don't need a Mamba.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Discgolfer48; 07-16-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,019
Niced 675 Times in 581 Posts
Default

The Star Valkyrie I have that is low dome/almost flat topped is like a standard DX Viking when brand new never thrown before, it works best when winds are up and I want a Valkyrie feel in the hand. If you get a Domed Champion Valkyrie that is not mega domed should fly like a Road Runner or Monarch and give that shape of flight with a Valkyrie rim feel.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:19 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,926
Niced 658 Times in 373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Star Valkyrie I have that is low dome/almost flat topped is like a standard DX Viking when brand new never thrown before, it works best when winds are up and I want a Valkyrie feel in the hand. If you get a Domed Champion Valkyrie that is not mega domed should fly like a Road Runner or Monarch and give that shape of flight with a Valkyrie rim feel.
Dude. He didn't mention the Valkyrie, Viking, Roadrunner, OR Monarch. He mentioned the Beast. What the actual ****
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,969
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Dude. He didn't mention the Valkyrie,
Huh?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:28 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,926
Niced 658 Times in 373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Huh?
First quote below is today's OP. Second quote is Casey's response to [today's] OP. Please clarify your "huh" because I'm confused by you. My post was relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discgolfer48 View Post
I picked up a champ Beast and no doubt the plh is higher then a DX Beast. Anyway, I was having some fun throwing the Dx at different angles. I got this one hole that goes way to the right. I throw the Dx flat and high and it goes way to the right. I guess I don't need a Mamba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Star Valkyrie I have that is low dome/almost flat topped is like a standard DX Viking when brand new never thrown before, it works best when winds are up and I want a Valkyrie feel in the hand. If you get a Domed Champion Valkyrie that is not mega domed should fly like a Road Runner or Monarch and give that shape of flight with a Valkyrie rim feel.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:38 PM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 131
Niced 118 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Depends on how fast you throw IMHO.... I threw a GStar Beast for a few months until I lost it. I liked it but it was juuuust a hair too fast for my arm so I didn’t really get the full flight out of it. But it was also just slow enough that if I really cranked on it forehand anny it would occasionally turn and burn. When I lost it in some gnarly rough I couldn’t find another Beast locally so I took a chance on a Valk (Pro, 170) and it’s perfect for the straight-to-understable slot for my arm speed. Complement it with a Thunderbird for forehand rips and hyzer/high fade shots and I’m done trying new drivers for a while, lol.

But if you’ve got closer to 400’ arm than 300’ a Valk might be too flippy and a Beast or even Archon would be better for the straight-to-understable slot.

Last edited by R-Ogre; 07-16-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:40 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,969
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
First quote below is today's OP. Second quote is Casey's response to [today's] OP. Please clarify your "huh" because I'm confused by you. My post was relevant.
The title of the thread is:

Quote:
Beast vs. Valkyrie
Casey did not quote that last post.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:41 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,969
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Depends on how fast you throw IMHO.... I threw a GStar Beast for a few months until I lost it. I liked it but it was juuuust a hair too fast for my arm so I didn’t really get the full flight out of it. But it was also just slow enough that if I really cranked on it forehand anny it would occasionally turn and burn. When I lost it in some gnarly rough I couldn’t find another Beast locally so I took a chance on a Valk (Pro, 170) and it’s perfect for the straight-to-understable slot for my arm speed. Complement it with a Thunderbird for forehand rips and hyzer/high fade shots and I’m done trying new drivers for a while, lol.
Hey GripEnemy... see this?

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:45 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,926
Niced 658 Times in 373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Casey did not quote that last post.
Accurate.

He also wouldn't have posted had Discgolfer48 not bumped the thread. Did Casey even read his post or did he just ramble? The Valkyrie part of the discussion is over 4 months old. That's lazy on his part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Hey GripEnemy... see this?
Yes, friend. That was posted AFTER I did. Doesn't mean **** for Casey's point. Bored?
Reply With Quote
 

  #80  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:50 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,969
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Accurate.

He also wouldn't have posted had Discgolfer48 not bumped the thread. Did Casey even read his post or did he just ramble? The Valkyrie part of the discussion is over 4 months old. That's lazy on his part.



Yes, friend. That was posted AFTER I did. Doesn't mean **** for Casey's point. Bored?
I think you're way off base here. I see this kind of thing all the time. You really think that because the post right before Casey's didn't mention the Valk, that no one should ever more?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valkyrie vs Beast; Thunderbird vs Others; G* Teebird? TripleB Discs 53 01-03-2018 02:27 AM
Valkyrie vs. Beast vs. Archon slowRoll Discs 24 06-12-2012 09:56 AM
Beast vs Valkyrie Chucktown Discs 39 03-22-2010 09:44 PM
beast vs. valkyrie valkcro Discs 33 12-19-2009 01:41 AM
Beast Vs Valkyrie Midnightbiker Discs 30 07-03-2009 08:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.