Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 188
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Howdy!

I'm new to these parts, I caught your link on the PDGA message board and have been lurking for a few weeks now. I really love this site it is an awesome idea. I have made a couple of reviews, I hope they are up to your standards. I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. I am JD I will be posting under this name, I live in Wyoming. I've been playing for five years, I still consider myself a beginner. I am trying to play as many courses as I can. I'm planning a second trip to Washington to play up there next week. Any local advice would be good, I have my eye on the NAD course. Also, is there a standard for adding photos? I have tons.
thanks, DGtourist.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 257
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 766 Times in 246 Posts

Hey JD,

Thanks for signing up and I'm really glad you're enjoying the site

Your reviews look great.. thanks for adding them. I can't say the site has any real standards for reviews but the more descriptive, the better and I think yours fit the bill.

As for the photos, I normally add tee shots and occasionally basket shots. Also if there is a really scenic shot I like to add that. As long as the picture showcases the course then I think it's a good one. Things to avoid would be pictures of your friends throwing, random shots of a ground hog, things of that nature. Seeing your buddies playing or deer eating won't really help anyone get an idea of what the course looks like.

If you have any other questions, comments, etc. feel free to post here or you can send me a pm/email if you'd like.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 40.8
Courses Played: 1384
Niced 123 Times in 52 Posts
Default Washington Courses

DGtourist,

NAD is lovely. Also very close to there is Dalaiwood. It's a wonderful experience, it's short and technical at times, quite difficult. The owner Scott Papa, is not only a gracious host but a pretty darned outstanding thrower. It's private so call him before showing up. Dalaiwood is on the way from NAD (Bremerton) to theTacoma-Seattle area.

And if you get over near the Tacoma-Seattle area, my reccomendations would be Fort Steilacoom in Lakewood (Tacoma really), the new White River course in Auburn and Lakewood King County Park in South Seattle, very near the Sea-Tac Airport.

Let me know and I'll show you around the Tacoma and Seattle courses.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.8
Courses Played: 400
Niced 108 Times in 64 Posts

I'm surprised to see Fort Steilacoom on the list. IMO it's overrated. If you go there make sure to find a local to show you around, or at least try to get one of the course map books. With all the layouts and poor signs it's extremely confusing to navigate.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Hey JD,

Thanks for signing up and I'm really glad you're enjoying the site

Your reviews look great.. thanks for adding them. I can't say the site has any real standards for reviews but the more descriptive, the better and I think yours fit the bill.

As for the photos, I normally add tee shots and occasionally basket shots. Also if there is a really scenic shot I like to add that. As long as the picture showcases the course then I think it's a good one. Things to avoid would be pictures of your friends throwing, random shots of a ground hog, things of that nature. Seeing your buddies playing or deer eating won't really help anyone get an idea of what the course looks like.

If you have any other questions, comments, etc. feel free to post here or you can send me a pm/email if you'd like.

So I should just send them to you? I have pic of courses in Colorado mostly.
DGt
Old 03-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
DGtourist,

NAD is lovely. Also very close to there is Dalaiwood. It's a wonderful experience, it's short and technical at times, quite difficult. The owner Scott Papa, is not only a gracious host but a pretty darned outstanding thrower. It's private so call him before showing up. Dalaiwood is on the way from NAD (Bremerton) to theTacoma-Seattle area.

And if you get over near the Tacoma-Seattle area, my reccomendations would be Fort Steilacoom in Lakewood (Tacoma really), the new White River course in Auburn and Lakewood King County Park in South Seattle, very near the Sea-Tac Airport.

Let me know and I'll show you around the Tacoma and Seattle courses.
I'm gonna be there on tuesday through thursday. I was planning on playing White River the first day, Kent for old time sake. I'm not sure if I'll have time for Dalaiwood. I was going to hook up with a few friends and get over to NAD on Wednesday. Let me know, perhaps you could show me (us) around, is there a private message on this board? .....
DGt

Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 257
Niced 766 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGtourist View Post
So I should just send them to you? I have pic of courses in Colorado mostly.
DGt
You could send them to me if you'd like or you could post them yourself on the site. There is an "Upload Photos" link towards the bottom of each course gallery. If it's easier for you to email them to me then by all means feel free. I'm tim @ the name of this site.