Old 08-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 93 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbound View Post
Always look forward to watching the fpo rounds. Gets kind of boring watching Hyzer bomb after hyzer
sounds like the root of the problem isn't penises vs vaginas... but rather bad course design, yeah?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2016, 08:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,533 Times in 1,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedOrangeHat View Post
sounds like the root of the problem isn't penises vs vaginas... but rather bad course design, yeah?
I'd say only partly due to course design. I think the trouble with Worlds in particular (which will be less of one in future with the split) is that because of the range of skills across the divisions and the time crunch involved, some of the courses used by MPO aren't necessarily suited to them. They're perfectly good courses, but better suited for the 940-1000 rated range (which the top FPO players fit into perfectly). So watching the FPO play gives you a better idea of how the course was designed to be played. They're throwing a full complement of shots where the MPOs tend to stick to the hyzer bombs or discing down to mids when most mere mortals would still need a full driver.

Count me disappointed that there isn't an MPM round on the docket for the week. Still fun to see guys like Climo, Schultz, etc play. Oh well, it's going to be fun to watch regardless.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I'd say only partly due to course design. I think the trouble with Worlds in particular (which will be less of one in future with the split) is that because of the range of skills across the divisions and the time crunch involved, some of the courses used by MPO aren't necessarily suited to them. They're perfectly good courses, but better suited for the 940-1000 rated range (which the top FPO players fit into perfectly). So watching the FPO play gives you a better idea of how the course was designed to be played. They're throwing a full complement of shots where the MPOs tend to stick to the hyzer bombs or discing down to mids when most mere mortals would still need a full driver.

Count me disappointed that there isn't an MPM round on the docket for the week. Still fun to see guys like Climo, Schultz, etc play. Oh well, it's going to be fun to watch regardless.
Fair point and I agree. For an event as prestigious as Pro Worlds, they really need to courses tailored to a specific skill-set. This is why I think splitting up Pro Worlds is a good idea.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:13 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30
Courses Played: 669
Niced 1,170 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedOrangeHat View Post
Fair point and I agree. For an event as prestigious as Pro Worlds, they really need to courses tailored to a specific skill-set. This is why I think splitting up Pro Worlds is a good idea.
If it were truly matching courses to skills, it would make more sense to have MPO at one Worlds and FPO with the other 40+ pro divisions. But that's unlikely to happen. The top FPO skill set is blue level and roughly matches the top Sr. Grandmaster men. ;-)

Last edited by Cgkdisc; 08-07-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
If it were truly matching courses to skills, it would make more sense to have MPO at one Worlds and FPO with the other 40+ pro divisions. But that's unlikely to happen. The top FPO skill set is blue level and roughly matches the top Sr. Grandmaster men. ;-)
That's what I was thinking and wanted to say, but I didn't want to be the one to stir the pot like that... too many softies running amok on this site. All I could think of was the huge World Tour debacle regarding the one division, one champion.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 238
Niced 60 Times in 35 Posts

Few thoughts on Worlds-

Interested to see where Barry ends up, wouldn't be surprised to see him on the lead card at some point during the week.

Both Eagle and Uli seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. I'd give the nod to Uli over Eagle, as Uli has the experience.

At the end of the day though, if someone other than Rick or Paul is going to win, it will be Nate. If Nate keeps his inside the circle putting percentage in the 90s, watch out.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,098 Times in 522 Posts

why's Barry playing MPO?
Old 08-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 62
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
We hope that you enjoy the coverage.

Did I forget anything?
Can't wait.

Anything in the works for a partner for Terry? I'd love it if Dixon could jump on the mic when he's not playing - I think he's playing Masters, yes? Or is he playing open? Madison is great also. Dana, not so much. (JK, Dana's great... Sort of... )
Old 08-07-2016, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 905 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Few thoughts on Worlds-

Interested to see where Barry ends up, wouldn't be surprised to see him on the lead card at some point during the week.

Both Eagle and Uli seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. I'd give the nod to Uli over Eagle, as Uli has the experience.

At the end of the day though, if someone other than Rick or Paul is going to win, it will be Nate. If Nate keeps his inside the circle putting percentage in the 90s, watch out.
Assume you mean Sexton, not Doss?
And I might be inclined to throw Bradley Williams into the conversation.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 556 Posts

Isn't this McCabe's home area? Why's he not in the discussion?