Old 06-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 235 Times in 142 Posts
Default Discmania Crescent Eagle MD3

https://www.dzdiscs.com/discs-by-bra...ent-green.html

I just ordered a couple of these bad boys. Always wanted to try an MD3, I've been on a mid kick lately, and the plastic/stamp looked too good to pass up.

So MD3 throwers, what can I expect? A Roc3 without a bead? A stable Z Buzzz?

How's the HSS vs LSS on these? Do they have as solid of a resistance to turn as a Roc, or will they take a hint of turn like a Buzzz? How about the fade? Do they maintain HSS and lose fade as they wear in like a Roc?

I think it would be pretty awesome if they somehow flew like a seasoned Roc but felt like a Buzzz...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2018, 02:42 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,538 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
https://www.dzdiscs.com/discs-by-bra...ent-green.html

I just ordered a couple of these bad boys. Always wanted to try an MD3, I've been on a mid kick lately, and the plastic/stamp looked too good to pass up.

So MD3 throwers, what can I expect? A Roc3 without a bead? A stable Z Buzzz?

How's the HSS vs LSS on these? Do they have as solid of a resistance to turn as a Roc, or will they take a hint of turn like a Buzzz? How about the fade? Do they maintain HSS and lose fade as they wear in like a Roc?

I think it would be pretty awesome if they somehow flew like a seasoned Roc but felt like a Buzzz...
Haven't tried an Eagle MD3, but I tried an MD3 a pretty good while back. If memory serves me correctly, it flew a lot like a Roc3 for me, straight with a finishing fade, perhaps with a bit more fade than the Roc3 (as it was a fresh new disc). Dunno if the color glow Eagle discs will be the same or not...

Niced: (1)
Old 06-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Par Member

Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

i found the Eagle ones to be a little more over stable (not a whole lot) over the C-line. they flew like a Roc3 to me, without bead, like you said. also, the color glow seem to be a little straighter than the older models. i haven't thrown this years but last years is almost dead straight for me. maybe this years is a little more OS than last years

Old 06-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 98 Times in 60 Posts

I have two flat color glows. They start out with some fade like a stable buzzz. They lose the fade fairly quickly(in my experience) and my current two fly like a broken in Z buzzz. They feel similar to a buzzz, but honestly I think the buzzz feels better. They might be more comparable to another innova mid, I’m not sure, but to me the buzzz is the closest in feel. Mine seem to glide a bit further on a full power rip than any of my buzzz’s but not anything crazy. Maybe 10-20ft.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 465 Times in 257 Posts

Cant speak for the crowned eagle run, but the 2017 color glows are one of the best feeling mids ever. And fly on any line you put them on.