Old 07-31-2018, 11:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,101 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Both poorly worded and thought out. It doesn't have an ounce of HST regardless of how hard you're throwing it which in this example is 60'ish. The Berg requires more precision in the finer details of your throw and is less forgiving from outside the circle putting distances.
Agreed, it's not super overstable in that it doesn't want to dump fade, but it's insanely HSS. It's almost surprisingly not super LSS for how HSS it is. But if you put it on any hyzer angle, expect it to hold. I can see it not being great for putting because of that, compared to most putters that just keep going down the line you threw it even if the wing is tilted a bit.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 58 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Agreed, it's not super overstable in that it doesn't want to dump fade, but it's insanely HSS. It's almost surprisingly not super LSS for how HSS it is. But if you put it on any hyzer angle, expect it to hold. I can see it not being great for putting because of that, compared to most putters that just keep going down the line you threw it even if the wing is tilted a bit.
After bagging a K2 Berg for a long time, recently I tried replacing it with a K3 for the purpose of feel. The main difference for me has been the finish, both are have great HSS but the K3 has a noticeable drop in LSS. I've been consistently finishing 10-15 right of my target on RHBH because of the lack of bite the K3 provides at the end of the flight.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 498 Times in 285 Posts

Glad to hear the premium is more overstable...can anyone comment if there's a difference between K1 and K2 aside from feel? I prefer my plastic firm.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 663 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Glad to hear the premium is more overstable...can anyone comment if there's a difference between K1 and K2 aside from feel? I prefer my plastic firm.
K1 is much firmer. Pretty sexy stuff actually.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 65
Niced 73 Times in 55 Posts

The differences between k1 and k2 in flight is tricky. I have not thrown a lot of K1 (own 2 or 3 of them), because some reason this mold makes me love the soft plastic I usually am very against. (I was one of the ones crying when Gateway discontinued "Firm" shur-grip)

The K1 when thrown hard RHBH seems to finish straighter than the K2. However the k2 is slightly more likely to drift slightly during the HST portion of flight. I like the K1 in the mountains for very downhill throws. It just goes arrow straight and never picks up too much speed, even when thrown hard.

When thrown soft the K1 seems to finish harder and pulls out of line faster. I like the k2 because it seems to work lines well and the disc just seems to have been made to be in k2 plastic.

The differences really are minimal between k1 and k2 in flight, but those are my slight observations.

What you're missing in your questions regarding plastic comparisons is that K2 molds up with slightly more dome in the center of the flight plate than k1 giving a slightly more pronounced thumbrack feel. K3 is almost board flat across the flight plate where k1 has a more gradual dome than k2.

My favorite approach berg is a K2 that has a dome more similar to k1. It almost has some high speed turn out of the box. Still has more fade than my 4 year old k2, but I imagine it will be really sweet after a few years. These take a LONG time to break in. They make my old 3rd run Ions seem like baseline. (the ion hit an amazing sweet spot after about a year of primary driving, while the berg still flys almost new)

Old 08-07-2018, 11:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 65
Niced 73 Times in 55 Posts

The berg in k2 is worth trying. The plastic is not too floppy feeling in your hands due to the disc shape it holds shape well. It is the only disc I have ever preferred in anything but the most firm plastic option.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:29 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 41
Niced 498 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Good info . . .

Thank you sir I ended up getting a K1 and flattened it. Liked the way my K3 felt but the dome on the K1 was just too weird for me (I don't mind dome on most other discs), it's sliiiightly puddletopped now like a good ESP Zone or something. The Ion reference was exactly what I needed to hear. Can't do the soft or gummy plastics anymore so I think I made the right decision for myself! Only thrown it maybe 20 times or so thus far but it's exactly what I wanted and the epitome of a brick with tons of HSS and very little LSF.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 201 Times in 129 Posts

Been throwing and putting with a K3 for a couple weeks now. I can't even bring myself to look at my Aviars anymore. My putting has been more accurate and if I miss I don't overshoot as far. I can even get it to "float" a little for outside of circle jump shots. It is crazy for scrambling, anny holds a line, but always want to fall flat. Hyzer holds to the ground, but doesn't skip or roll. All in all this disc is just pure accuracy. I would warn that a push putter is probably not going to get much distance putting with this, it is suited more for spin putts

Niced: (2)
Old 09-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 158 Times in 101 Posts

How do these bad boys compare to a Pro / champ rhyno?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 201 Times in 129 Posts

If you are throwing a Rhyno for upshots or short drives and ever thought to yourself, "I need a disc with less distance and less fade". The Berg is right for you. Seriously, if you have some spare cash and want a disc that is really fun to throw, grab a Berg. K3 is all I have thrown so far, but there is alot of K1 and K2 love in this thread