Old 12-20-2018, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 716 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaxgoblin View Post
In unrelated news...Philo reamains with Innova....and sponsored...
I'm guessing this is a dig at Philo? A guy who's been out touring and competing at a high level forever? A guy who runs clinics all over the world for kids? A great personality who represents himself well in the public eye? A guy who's done more for teaching disc golf than 99% of the people on these boards? A guy who is the star of the most viewed disc golf video ever?

I can't imagine why Innova would want to give that scrub a sponsor. They should totally give you that spot.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 41
Niced 217 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I'm guessing this is a dig at Philo? A guy who's been out touring and competing at a high level forever? A guy who runs clinics all over the world for kids? A great personality who represents himself well in the public eye? A guy who's done more for teaching disc golf than 99% of the people on these boards? A guy who is the star of the most viewed disc golf video ever?

I can't imagine why Innova would want to give that scrub a sponsor. They should totally give you that spot.

That was beautiful.

Philo deserves every bit of credit he gets and more. Such a positive international ambassador for the sport. His throw is one of the smoothest things caught on video, on the entire internet.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 176 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:

I get what you are saying and I agree. I suppose I am not being critical of the man and his works, but of the competitive disc golfer. I suppose thats really all I am ever talking about when talking about a pro disc golfer is their competitive disc golf ability and results. The truth is that I, and most disc golf enthusiasts, will only ever get the privilege of knowing these guys by their competitive disc golf performance. Just like any athlete really. I dont think I said anything about the man and your rabid defense of the man and off the field works might be missing the mark and misdirected.

Plus there is the whole thing where my post was obviously not serious at best...project much? =)

Niced: (1)

Last edited by gammaxgoblin; 12-20-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:20 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNinja33 View Post
That was beautiful.

Philo deserves every bit of credit he gets and more. Such a positive international ambassador for the sport. His throw is one of the smoothest things caught on video, on the entire internet.
If you are into retaliatory shaming, misdirected anger, miscontextualizing quotes, and just general over reaction to tongue and cheek comments made in one of the most not serious and off topic threads of all time then yeah....it was beautiful.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Par Member

Quote:
If you are into retaliatory shaming, misdirected anger, miscontextualizing quotes, and just general over reaction to tongue and cheek comments made in one of the most not serious and off topic threads of all time then yeah....it was beautiful.

His reply to your comment in question didn’t even seem like a shot at you, just more of a defense of Philo. That’s what I thought was beautiful. I didn’t say anything about your comment.

Guilty conscience?
Old 12-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
His reply to your comment in question didn’t even seem like a shot at you, just more of a defense of Philo. That’s what I thought was beautiful. I didn’t say anything about your comment.

Guilty conscience?
"They should totally give you that spot" - Scanning letters with eyes eludes me at times as well =)
Old 12-20-2018, 11:42 PM
Par Member

Quote:
"They should totally give you that spot" - Scanning letters with eyes eludes me at times as well =)

I would consider that more tongue in cheek than your original comment. Making light of someone undervaluing Philo’s value.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:11 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
I would consider that more tongue in cheek than your original comment. Making light of someone undervaluing Philo’s value.

i was in the wrong, my bad.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:12 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:

i was in the wrong, my bad.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 468 Times in 258 Posts

He said she said lets just hug it out