Old 01-19-2019, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,184 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrance View Post
I've been trying to make sure I'm getting the sequence correct on the heel plant (crushing the can) and the start of bringing the disc forward. That had me reviewing some of the old videos posted a couple of years ago (http://baseballswingmechanics.com/) and the myotatic stretch reflex popped up. In this video go to the 5:40 mark. (SW he really means sequence when he says timing. )

Should the maximum stretch or reach back be just after the heel plants? Take a look here at Simon at the 2 second mark. Of course it could be the camera angle but it does look like he has turned his back just a hair past the 180 from the target. Would the brace then trigger the stretch reflex and bring the disc forward?

Good explanation of the myotatic stretch reflex.
Good stuff in there. Also explains another reason why hopping is more efficient and explosive.

When Shawn Clement said this is the real top of the backswing and weightshift happens from behind you, it was a game changer for me. You will see that the heel strike is what triggered all the great classic swings that got the front heel up in the backswing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CSHqnYNijw&t=1m35s

For maximum distance the front heel strike/ground reaction force triggers the unwinding of the forward swing like the release of a compound bow and arrow. There may be some variance depending on your balance of how you land on the front foot.

Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)