Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
SIMON - U JELLY?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 137 Times in 75 Posts

I thought the Luna was ok but I liked the roach better in just about every way and I have gone back to the P2 because I think it is a better mold than either of them. The Luna just didn't ever feel right in my hands. I feel like it is a little bit too shallow and it was extremely slippery and I like stiff putters. It had a texture to it but I had so many slips putting or throwing it. I think damn near any decent putter mold flies the same in the circle but on edge of the circle putts and longer it took more to get it there compared to a roach. Driving with it was ok too. It went pretty straight with a mild fade. Being flat and shallow it went pretty quick for a putter but didn't glide like what you see in a normal putter flight. I personally enjoyed the roach once again more than the Luna for driving because of the extra glide. You can just perform more shots especially the touchy ones with a disc with more glide to it. I'm glad some of you found your dream putter but I think it is a slightly faster, little more shallow, little less glide, roach. Overall, meh.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-02-2019, 12:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 390 Times in 241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I thought the Luna was ok but I liked the roach better in just about every way and I have gone back to the P2 because I think it is a better mold than either of them. The Luna just didn't ever feel right in my hands. I feel like it is a little bit too shallow and it was extremely slippery and I like stiff putters. It had a texture to it but I had so many slips putting or throwing it. I think damn near any decent putter mold flies the same in the circle but on edge of the circle putts and longer it took more to get it there compared to a roach. Driving with it was ok too. It went pretty straight with a mild fade. Being flat and shallow it went pretty quick for a putter but didn't glide like what you see in a normal putter flight. I personally enjoyed the roach once again more than the Luna for driving because of the extra glide. You can just perform more shots especially the touchy ones with a disc with more glide to it. I'm glad some of you found your dream putter but I think it is a slightly faster, little more shallow, little less glide, roach. Overall, meh.
Spot on. I would be interested in a premium Luna as a thrower.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 869 Times in 484 Posts

Luna is plenty stiff. Unless you're comparing it to KC/McPro/CT, all of which are much slicker though. My D and JB Roaches are tackier, but still, the Luna didn't slip on me once. I like Aviars...dislike P2s.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:34 AM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,538 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Luna is plenty stiff. Unless you're comparing it to KC/McPro/CT, all of which are much slicker though. My D and JB Roaches are tackier, but still, the Luna didn't slip on me once..
I haven't had any slippage problems with my McBeth prototype putter through two full rounds of putting with it. But I would say the Luna is not as firm as Classic/ZeroHard/BTHard, at least mine is not. Not as firm as a Supersoft Wizard, either...

Old 02-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 153
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Sigh, I think I can finally putt away my Hard Jesper Pures. Height is .2 cm higher, but rim depth is the same. Excited to throw this!
Pure
Diameter: 21.2 cm
Maximum weight: 176.0 gram
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim depth: 1.4 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.2 cm
Rim thickness: 1.0 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 6.6 %
Rim configuration ratio: 48.25
Flexibility rating: 6.69

Luna
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm
Max Weight: 175.00 g
Old 02-14-2019, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 44
Niced 654 Times in 382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discflinger View Post
Sigh, I think I can finally putt away my Hard Jesper Pures. Height is .2 cm higher, but rim depth is the same. Excited to throw this!
Pure
Diameter: 21.2 cm
Maximum weight: 176.0 gram
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim depth: 1.4 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.2 cm
Rim thickness: 1.0 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 6.6 %
Rim configuration ratio: 48.25
Flexibility rating: 6.69

Luna
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm
Max Weight: 175.00 g
Huh, you really that sold without even trying one? Watching videos of people throwing the Luna, it looks significantly more stable than a baseline Pure. I guess maybe you could work a Luna in for a while to cover the same lines eventually, but I wouldn't away put your worked in Pures just yet...

Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 153
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Huh, you really that sold without even trying one? Watching videos of people throwing the Luna, it looks significantly more stable than a baseline Pure. I guess maybe you could work a Luna in for a while to cover the same lines eventually, but I wouldn't away put your worked in Pures just yet...
No, I am not jumping the boat, just excited about getting OOP discs out of my bag. Admittedly, I would like a tic more stability. I would get a 170 to compliment the 175; jump putts and such...

It's really more about feel in the hand. I used to putt with XDs, so I like the low profile for my release.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Par Member

Niced 83 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discflinger View Post
No, I am not jumping the boat, just excited about getting OOP discs out of my bag. Admittedly, I would like a tic more stability. I would get a 170 to compliment the 175; jump putts and such...

It's really more about feel in the hand. I used to putt with XDs, so I like the low profile for my release.
Ill probably never putt with these. But i am so excited to throw them. The videos look great and the mold feels sooooo good. Also interested to see how the plastic blend holds up