Old 01-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 232 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I think Discraft's tour and sig series are still the cleanest (I like the claw marks, btw).

If the ESP stamp with some claw marks through it rate "busy" on your stamp aesthetic scale, how do you plot most tour discs? Because most of them look like this:
I guess rather than saying it's too busy, I should say that throwing the signature and especially the cheesy claw marks that were "cool" 15 years ago amongst a group of people whose opinion of cool was of particularly low value to me, in addition to what was my favorite new stamp, effectively ruins my favorite new stamp.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2019, 03:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 864 Times in 481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
I guess rather than saying it's too busy, I should say that throwing the signature and especially the cheesy claw marks that were "cool" 15 years ago amongst a group of people whose opinion of cool was of particularly low value to me, in addition to what was my favorite new stamp, effectively ruins my favorite new stamp.
But haven't you gotten to the point where you can appreciate it, ironically?

Regardless of your opinion on whichever group claw marks represent to you, you don't think the color combinations they can achieve with the swirls and the two part stamps objectively are graphically strong? Lettering stands out and the design is representative of "McBeast mode" and his 4 titles. And subjectively...cmon, this one is amazing:

Old 01-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 89 Times in 47 Posts

I definitely prefer the more simple and straightforward stamps. I really don’t want cartoons on my discs. I like the McBeth signature Discraft stamps far more than the Wysocki Destroyer.

The multi foil stamps are a nice touch but it ups the odds that I won’t like it with all the bad foils and combinations out there. All companies would benefit from having someone with taste handling the stamping process. That said, I know they stamp a lot of discs and don’t have time to make each one a work of art.

I’m not a fan of foils in general. They scratch and rub off much faster than the solid color stamps. I always prefer a solid color stamp if I can find one. Unfortunately, they are few and far between but I did find this nice example below.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 88
Niced 699 Times in 363 Posts

So there was a post over on Discraft all day Facebook group that said the mighty predator was OOP because the raptor is replacing it. I guess it was a clip from the Marshall Street newsletter? Say it ain't so! Love the predator, and never really liked firebird type wings like the raptor supposedly has.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Par Member

Default Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

There are some tournament stamp z glo raptors up on eBay. I’m going to wait for the stock run but I thought some people here might be interested.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 388 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
There are some tournament stamp z glo raptors up on eBay. I’m going to wait for the stock run but I thought some people here might be interested.
Why did you have to go and make me buy another disc?
Old 02-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 864 Times in 481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
Good looking out. Just got the only one I saw listed on there.

Also, hope the Marshallstreet newsletter was just a misinterpretation. Dont throw Preds myself, but Discraft shouldnt OOP that one. There are some dedicated predator throwers. At least have limited runs available in there factory store.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by F. Howl; 02-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Par Member

Quote:
As far as I can tell, it is one listing with multiple available. Stamp color may vary/request.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 9
Niced 45 Times in 25 Posts

Really liking the latest swirls. Stocked up on my understable drivers. Do t have to worry about claws on these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)

Old 02-04-2019, 12:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 99 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:

Also, hope the Marshallstreet newsletter was just a misinterpretation. Dont throw Preds myself, but Discraft shouldnt OOP that one. There are some dedicated predator throwers. At least have limited runs available in there factory store.
100% agree. I would be so, so, so disappointed with Discraft if they get rid of the Pred. Thankfully I have a stack that should last me a good long time, but I would hate to think a staple mold in my bag is now completely OOP.