Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,240 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Before my season really kicks off up here I will have acquired at least one. My worn proton insanity is my go to driver. I want a plasma one. Plasma plastic is awesome. Have an ion axis and crave in plasma. Want the insanity too
you sound like me i have a beaten proton insanity too but took like 2 years to get it to where i want it i love plaz so i was thinking this would be the answer to my dg game
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,240 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Before my season really kicks off up here I will have acquired at least one. My worn proton insanity is my go to driver. I want a plasma one. Plasma plastic is awesome. Have an ion axis and crave in plasma. Want the insanity too
plus when i lose my proton then what start the whole process over again

(hell no)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 368 Times in 261 Posts

I wasn't going to offer much info on my plasma insanity.. Since I really only have the one and it hasn't got a lot of use. It did break in really fast from sort of unwieldy to more mellow in about 30 throws but I've got nothing to compare it to besides my Inertias and I'm having trouble with it being a "broken in Inertia".

I did get a throw at home down a 300' ish s curve.. Flipped it over way more than it should have, gave up looking and on the way out it was at about 340', past 40' and 150' wide of pin. So I finally get the sneaky long..

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,964 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Don't have insurance so I never got it looked at. Originally injured it Feb of '17. Never really quit playing at the time. In early summer it was almost back to normal and then I wrecked my ankle for the umpteenth time. After month+ on the sidelines, all the muscle in my shoulder area was gone and that's when it really started hurting. Played a couple times after that and then took all last winter off to let it heal but it never did. Probably played a dozen or so rounds in '18 mostly at a SteadyEd pitch n putt. I can still putt and throw upshots but when I try to reach back at all to throw distance is when he gets me. If I reach too far back, it pops out of socket when I go to pull thru the zone...

I've also got a disc/nerve thing in my neck that I am not sure is related or not. That actually bothers me more on a daily basis.
You might want to look into throwing Feldberg/Swedish style. Your arm stays much lower so that might be less stress on the shoulder. Get some light weights and flippy plastic and hyzer flip everything from a standstill or one step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
still looking for answers as much as the insanities are thrown on here cant believe no one has an answer
Never thrown a plaz Insanity. I really like the stability of the Neutrons, they start out just about perfect for me for the predictable turnovers I use them for.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,047 Times in 1,633 Posts

Havent even held a plaz insanity. I got a couple of those sweet gummy FR neutrons...
Old 02-03-2019, 08:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
You might want to look into throwing Feldberg/Swedish style. Your arm stays much lower so that might be less stress on the shoulder. Get some light weights and flippy plastic and hyzer flip everything from a standstill or one step.

Never thrown a plaz Insanity. I really like the stability of the Neutrons, they start out just about perfect for me for the predictable turnovers I use them for.
I can still get some decent distance throwing a hard flex with my fizz photon, 270-300 and I don't have to really back at all for that. I just haven't played enough lately to get any accuracy with it.I've got an old beat up 136g blizz Ape that I use for the flippy shots. I hardly even know its in my hand its so light, lol.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I can still get some decent distance throwing a hard flex with my fizz photon, 270-300 and I don't have to really reach back at all for that. I just haven't played enough lately to get any accuracy with it. I've got an old beat up 136g blizz Ape that I use for the flippy shots. I hardly even know its in my hand its so light, lol.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 682 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post

I showed my chiropractor the 3 main styles of throws( open shoulder reach back, bent arm and Swedish). He advised me to use Swedish as it would be lower impact on the joints.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.6
Niced 1,964 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I showed my chiropractor the 3 main styles of throws( open shoulder reach back, bent arm and Swedish). He advised me to use Swedish as it would be lower impact on the joints.
That doesn't surprise me one bit. I can play all day in the Swedish style. After a tourney most are ready to chill and I'm trying to figure out if I've got time to play one more round, ha ha. My awful elbow tendonitis very rarely flares up now.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 368 Times in 261 Posts

Quote:
I can still get some decent distance throwing a hard flex with my fizz photon, 270-300 and I don't have to really back at all for that. I just haven't played enough lately to get any accuracy with it.I've got an old beat up 136g blizz Ape that I use for the flippy shots. I hardly even know its in my hand its so light, lol.
Yeah man that fission Photon is freaking awesome, I like em light but it covers a lot of power levels except torquey.

Closed Thread