Old 02-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 103 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
Received 4 dayglow McBeth Zones in the mail today. All of them have a micro-dome except one, which has an obscene looking lopsided half-dome. I am underwhelmed. I’ll take my favorite one out for field practice today and see how it goes.
That is unfortunate. Both of my PM Zones have slight puddle tops and feel about as great as any good zone. I have a black one and a neon reddish pink.

Perhaps the day glo batch were anomalies? Are people noticing domey results in other colors outside of the day glo-like color?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 117
Niced 438 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
That is unfortunate. Both of my PM Zones have slight puddle tops and feel about as great as any good zone. I have a black one and a neon reddish pink.

Perhaps the day glo batch were anomalies? Are people noticing domey results in other colors outside of the day glo-like color?
Dark orange one is board flat, where as the lighter orange one has the very microdome to it. Both are max weight and bought from same shipment. One was stickered with weight and other was pen'd for whatever thats worth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PM_Zones.jpg (96.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 871 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Received 4 dayglow McBeth Zones in the mail today. All of them have a micro-dome except one, which has an obscene looking lopsided half-dome. I am underwhelmed. I’ll take my favorite one out for field practice today and see how it goes.
I don't like puddle tops, and haven't had any success trying to flatten them out...but it's easy to turn those puddles into slight domes. Just did it to a Colorshift over the weekend using the boiling water method.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 30
Niced 165 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I don't like puddle tops, and haven't had any success trying to flatten them out...but it's easy to turn those puddles into slight domes. Just did it to a Colorshift over the weekend using the boiling water method.
Yeah I am the opposite, I love the way the flight plate starts to sink in after a few years of use. I just had some success fixing the weird dome on the worst Zone, and one of the others I’m trying to convert to a slight puddle. I just wish they’d have come that way, it feels dirty manipulating discs like that.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 39 Times in 16 Posts

I love my esp puddle top zone. Super stable and that's what I I think we all love about the zone is it's overstability. I throw it on 90% of my upshots even when I don't need something that stable it just brings me joy when I throw it.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-04-2019, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 30
Niced 165 Times in 88 Posts

Boiling water and multiple cooling techniques aren’t working. They will hold for a while, but bounce right back as soon as the temperature changes. Aside from that disappointment, my weirdo Zone flies okay. A hearty fade, and just a hint of instability on torqued shots, exactly what I expected.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 524 Times in 256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
This is exactly what I do. My throwing putters are:

Ti Zone > kinda beat JB Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > kinda beat Electron Envy

...But for someone that only wants to bag 2 throwing putters, a Zone/Envy combo with both in durable plastics is a fantastic and very natural combo.
But who only wants to bag 2 throwing putters!?

I LOVE rolling with:
ESP Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > Neutron Envy > Neutron Soft Proxy

Winter golf short tees those 4 discs cover 90% of my tee shots. Have a teebird and a OS utility fairway in the bag too just in case, but putter shots all winter is the way to live.

I can maybe see wanting something between an ESP Zone and a N Soft Envy, but I find that the N Soft Envies have enough fade on them to hit most shots a N Envy is a little too straight for. Zone on the end of the cycle when you really need to throw a brick disguised as a frisbee.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 74
Niced 106 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Boiling water and multiple cooling techniques aren’t working. They will hold for a while, but bounce right back as soon as the temperature changes. Aside from that disappointment, my weirdo Zone flies okay. A hearty fade, and just a hint of instability on torqued shots, exactly what I expected.
You could use the oven method. It works much better than the boiling water. I just did one a few days ago and it is still perfect

Niced: (1)
Old 02-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 258 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
But who only wants to bag 2 throwing putters!?

I LOVE rolling with:
ESP Zone > Neutron Soft Envy > Neutron Envy > Neutron Soft Proxy

Winter golf short tees those 4 discs cover 90% of my tee shots. Have a teebird and a OS utility fairway in the bag too just in case, but putter shots all winter is the way to live.

I can maybe see wanting something between an ESP Zone and a N Soft Envy, but I find that the N Soft Envies have enough fade on them to hit most shots a N Envy is a little too straight for. Zone on the end of the cycle when you really need to throw a brick disguised as a frisbee.
Weird, my N Envy is actually a tick more stable than my N Soft Envy. I've only got one of each (plus an Eclipse Envy and a small stack of Electrons), so maybe one of mine is abnormal. All three of my premium plastic Envies fill basically the same slot in slightly different ways though, so I don't typically bag more than one of them. I kind of wish they were more different so that I had an excuse to bag more Envies!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 524 Times in 256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Weird, my N Envy is actually a tick more stable than my N Soft Envy. I've only got one of each (plus an Eclipse Envy and a small stack of Electrons), so maybe one of mine is abnormal. All three of my premium plastic Envies fill basically the same slot in slightly different ways though, so I don't typically bag more than one of them. I kind of wish they were more different so that I had an excuse to bag more Envies!
That surprises me. I've had about 4 or 5 of each and all of the N Soft Envies fly more OS than my 4 or 5 N Envies. Could be weight parting line height causing the discrepancy.

My N Envies and N Soft Envies are definitely different enough from one another to justify carrying one of each plus a Proxy.